Sign in to follow this  
ARI23

Dynasty Inn, Sukhumvit Soi4

I have walked past it many times ...always seemed a good option in a great location. Room lay out looks similar to Nana Hotel.

Just realised it’s been over a decade and half since I stayed there. Though I still often pop in for a coffee and sit outside watching the world go by along Soi Nana.

Excellent write up ARI23 The rooms look a lot better than when I stayed there.

The old guy crouching down outside as been hanging around Soi 4 begging for at least two decades that I can remember. 

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

43 minutes ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

The old guy crouching down outside as been hanging around Sou 4 begging for at least two decades that I can remember. 

Hi OTS,

The guy is there every day. He is not annoying. He is simply there.

Like the ladyboys at dusk (maybe not the same lbs than 20 years before).

ARI23 you gave a very fair review of the Dynasty Inn. I usually stay there when I visit Bangkok and I fully agree with your review. I also request a non-smoking room at the back and I very rarely hear any noise from outside. Another good point about staying at the Dynasty Inn is that they operate a daily transport to their sister hotel in Pattaya. The deal used to be that if you stayed at the Dynasty Inn for at least 3 nights then the transport to Pattaya was only 500 Baht, but the last time that I stayed there the transport was free. The electronic safe is fine for storing valuables but is not big enough to take a laptop. There is also an in-house hair dresser on the mezzanine level, that I once saw a ladyboy working there. I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times and I have no complaints.

Agree; great hotel, friendly staff, and if you're on the shy side, take one of the new rooms in the back building. The ID of the guest is not compulsory, which suits me well.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:16 AM, ARI23 said:

Dynasty Inn,

5 4 Sukhumvit Road Soi 4 Nanatai Klongtoey, Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok 10110

I was at the Dynasty Inn hotel 3 nights at the beginning of August 2019.

I didn't find any review about this hotel which seems little discussed in this forum, contrary to the Dynasty Grande.

Why you (and I) would choose this unassuming little hotel (around 60 rooms)? To be in the heart of the action. At your right, count 60 meters to Nana Plaza via Hillary 4 and the Stumble Inn. If you take on your left, Hillary 2 is at 30 meters.

The reviews are good (8.3 on Booking) and this hotel is of course guest-friendly. 

I asked for a non-smoking room at the back of the hotel (quiet rooms). 1 680 baht a night for 2 people. I didn't take the breakfast.

At the entrance of the hotel, the front bar gives you a look at the scene. Very useful to give a rendez-vous to a lb, take a drink and evaluate the chemistry. At night a few ladyboys stand on the sidewalk.

Food from the restaurant is known to be good. I didn't test it.

At the front desk, the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. It's a big plus. The people make the place. No walk of shame. Your guest will let its ID at the reception.

At the check-in they ask for a 500 baht cash deposit for the key.

The back annexe seems to face the rear of Nana Plaza but in the room there is no noise of music or whatever.

The room is quite new, clean and large. 26 square meters. 

Aircon works well, a bit noisy. Comfortable big bed, safe (laptop friendly), fridge, ... Fast wifi.

Complimentary water, coffee.

Bathroom is modern and clean with a hand hose.

All lbs of Nana Plaza know the hotel and will be happy to make the short walk for a session. So no short-time room to pay.

All in all I was positively surprised by the quality of this 3 star hotel, clean nice room, friendly staff, located in the heart of the action. I was pleased all the time I spent in that room, feeling well.

Recommend strongly.

Note: Dynasty Grande, on Soi 6, belongs to the same owner and has pool and gym. Around 300/350 baht more expensive by night. Same kind of rooms. Better lobby, front desk not so friendly.

Pictures :

- the entrance of the hotel from soi 4, see the bar. 

- The room with the bed, flat tv, safe. The bathroom. The mirror (ladyboy not included in the package).

20190806_121207.jpg

20190803_161951.jpg

20190803_161957.jpg

20190803_162010.jpg

20190803_162002.jpg

20190804_001611.jpg

Useful review ARI23 and others. I'm always on the outlook for a good hotel near Nana that is also good value. This sounds perfect.

Dynasty Inn Soi 4 is re-opening. 

Email from the Management with rates and info :

"Thank you for your kind interest to stay at Dynasty Inn Bangkok.
Yes sir, our hotel is opening and ready to welcome our value guests again.

The rooms at our hotel are non-smoking room only and the rate as follows:

Standard 1,280 Baht/Night ** At main BLD.; room size 20 sq.m with queen bed**
Deluxe 1,680 Baht/Night ** At main BLD.; room size 32 sq.m with king bed**
Standard New 1,580 Baht/night **At back BLD.; room size 26 sq.m with queen bed**
Deluxe New 1,880 Baht/night **At back BLD.; room size 32 sq.m with king bed**

Occupancy is 2 persons per room, extra person will be 300 Baht charged. (Standard room maximum stay 2 person only)
Please make a reservation in advance by fill up the form below, thank you."

In August and December 2019 I paid 1680 Baht/Night for the Standard New at Back 26 sq.m. Now it's 1580 Baht. Maybe there are taxes to add.

I stayed there last trip. Great location and nice cafe area at front but not crazy about it. Annoyed I couldn't smoke in room! Still, could pop out to soi and chat to Sofie and other lb FLers who work out the front. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

I stayed there last trip. Great location and nice cafe area at front but not crazy about it. Annoyed I couldn't smoke in room! Still, could pop out to soi and chat to Sofie and other lb FLers who work out the front. 

I don't smoke so perfect little hotel for me. Best location, similar to Nana hotel in the heart of action.

Perfect if you don't need relaxing by a pool or lifting weights. Bar was a plus though I don't know if it has reopened too.