Thanks

Line Messenger

Can somebody please advise if (and how) it's possible to see the Line ID of an existing Line contact (and therefore already know the contact's Line display name - which can be different from the Line ID) without asking the person in question directly? 

Has anyone tried Line Pay to pay a girl for her services already? 

Apologies if this is a stupid question or if it has been already asked and answered somewhere else before...

--- and a happy world tequila day!

Edited by Thanks

If you have their mobile number, you could delete them. Then when you re add them by their number, you should then be able to see both. 

If you have their mobile number, you could delete them. Then when you re add them by their number, you should then be able to see both. 
And how do I see the mobile number? Usually they either enter their Line ID manually or they scan that stupid QR code...

What has worked in my case is the following:

Go to the search box (click on the magnifying glass). Enter a letter, if possible the one that is most likely the first letter of the Line ID. In my case the app suggested possible accounts / friends (auto complete) and one of the suggestions was indeed the one I was looking for... But there must be an easier way to get hold of someone's Line ID or Phone no. ...???

35 minutes ago, Thanks said:

35 minutes ago, Thanks said:

And how do I see the mobile number? Usually they either enter their Line ID manually or they scan that stupid QR code... emoji24.png

The only ones Ive added are by using the mobile number of the lbs I have seen online or in my contacts 

If you ain’t got their number you won’t be able to do it.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon
Edit didn’t see the last post

If you have "other" friends on your Line account you can share the contact with your "other" friend. The "other" friend receives the link from your Line account. The "other" friend can then let you know the details.

This is the only way  you can find out the Line ID of a friend if they are not already in your phones' contact list.

I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, John Thomas said:

If you have "other" friends on your Line account you can share the contact with your "other" friend. The "other" friend receives the link from your Line account. The "other" friend can then let you know the details.

This is the only way  you can find out the Line ID of a friend if they are not already in your phones' contact list.

I hope this helps.

Where do you find 'other'. I have searched my app but do not find it so I must not have it. 

13 hours ago, flipflops said:

Where do you find 'other'. I have searched my app but do not find it so I must not have it. 

I think what he meant to say was that if you have 2 sim cards you can set up two Line accounts... One regular one and one for "other" stuff...

Edited by Thanks

31 minutes ago, Thanks said:

I think what he meant to say was that if you have 2 sim cards you can set up two Line accounts... One regular one and one for "other" stuff...

For me, the other stuff is the regular stuff. 

Made sense to me but for clarity, "other" friend refers to any of your friends on your Line app, not a specific friend called "other".

Yes, I have two phones, one for personal/work and another for Thailand. I can transfer the line id between them as per my first message. 

I am sure it will work with two sim cards on a dual sim card phone or with two interchangeable sim cards.