Sign in to follow this  
stud459

Phachara Suites Visitor / Joiner Policy

yes I'm not happy got a king room here booked and paid for only found out this after the fact the glowing reviews here failed to mention there's this policy and a long ass walk of shame

37 minutes ago, xcom said:

yes I'm not happy got a king room here booked and paid for only found out this after the fact the glowing reviews here failed to mention there's this policy and a long ass walk of shame

Look on the bright side xcom, most of us have been in this situation. 

By the end of your stay you will have converted the 'walk of shame' into the 'stride of pride'!

Either that or you will have resorted to ST rooms...

Cheers

SAG

genetic girls won't go with you if reception grasses on you ive used the majestic suites reception I'm not scared just something I'd rather not deal with . lucky I am a mild mannered man or I would have shut him down

really panicking about this hotel. its already paid for £550. but seriously considering booking the landmark and taking the hit

9 minutes ago, xcom said:

really panicking about this hotel. its already paid for £550. but seriously considering booking the landmark and taking the hit

Do you have a non-cancellation reservation? You should be able to walk away from it with your money back. I had one of those on last trip to BKK at a hotel, decided I didn't want to stay there and told American Express the same. I didn't even bother to contact the hotel. Amex refunded the money to me with no questions asked. Don't deal with Phachara, only contact your credit card company and they should refund you. 

10 minutes ago, oliver17 said:

Do you have a non-cancellation reservation? You should be able to walk away from it with your money back. I had one of those on last trip to BKK at a hotel, decided I didn't want to stay there and told American Express the same. I didn't even bother to contact the hotel. Amex refunded the money to me with no questions asked. Don't deal with Phachara, only contact your credit card company and they should refund you. 

i already tried the hotel said no refunds non cancellation. mans bought it and paid for it on my halifax card. thats a uk bank. not a credit card. i'm a dumb ass 

7 minutes ago, xcom said:

i already tried the hotel said no refunds non cancellation. mans bought it and paid for it on my halifax card. thats a uk bank. not a credit card. i'm a dumb ass 

Did you try your bank? I have no idea about UK debit card protections, but in US they are almost identical to credit card protections. For that much money, I would contact the bank and be a pain in the ass about it until they give your money back. This won't be the first time they have seen this situation, and as a customer they should give you some help. Don't give up until you have tried everything. 

Phachara won't help because it's not in their financial interest to do so. Don't even screw around with them, just deal with your bank. 

26 minutes ago, oliver17 said:

Did you try your bank? I have no idea about UK debit card protections, but in US they are almost identical to credit card protections. For that much money, I would contact the bank and be a pain in the ass about it until they give your money back. This won't be the first time they have seen this situation, and as a customer they should give you some help. Don't give up until you have tried everything. 

Phachara won't help because it's not in their financial interest to do so. Don't even screw around with them, just deal with your bank. 

makes sense. i will keep trying to get put to the recovery team at halfiax. just booked at landmark

7 hours ago, xcom said:

I don't understand what you are panicking about that moving to the Landmark is going to solve?

On 7/21/2019 at 12:52 AM, xcom said:

I stayed there and took lb's in and they stayed  for breakfast. Booked for two and was prepared to tell them but nobody said anything. The walk to the lift wasn't that long. The worst part was the interminable check in & the bloody uncomfortable seat at reception.

I stayed at Phachara twice in a year some years ago. The first time was ok and there was no joiner fee for 1 guest. The 2nd time was late in the year and my massage lady said that they imposed a fee on ‘her’, the last time she visited a customer. I took her in w/o question except just for her ID. And they apparently do this to girls who come in in the wee hours. I believe there is someone taking advantage and bullying girls for cash.

I found that their services had deteriorated and everything else was getting sloppy so that was my last with them. 

Then I tried Clover in Asoke but the rooms were small. Everything else was very good. No joiner fee here.

Centrepoint Suk 10 was next and this was fine. No joiner fee too.

My favourite remains Adelphi Grande. This is perfect although it is a tad far from Phrom Phong. 

Edited by Danum99

i have always liked this place, but for me the very average breakfast choices and the under cover pool are a put off and the lengthy check in but they are not alone on that one. so its been a while since i have stayed and after reading the others it maybe a while yet .

I stayed here on August 24 for two nights and I totally agree with mikel said in the above post.

The worst part was the interminable check in & the bloody uncomfortable seat at reception.

i had to sign some paper to say that I agree to pay 1,000 THB for the third guest, and also that I would have to pay a penalty fine for smoking in my room.

I didn't get to find out if they really do impose the 1,000 TBH fee or not, because I ended up spending my time with the same LB throughout my stay at the hotel.
Reception asked my date for her ID when I brought her to the hotel for the first time, but they never bothered asking to see her ID again.
We came and went as we pleased and were left alone.

I felt no bad vibes whatsoever and neither did my date.
There was no walk of shame (I never feel shame being with an LB anywhere at anytime anyway)

I can't comment on the breakfast, I never bothered to get it included, simply because we wouldn't be awake in time 555

I would stay stay at Phachara Suites again, but I don't see me returning anytime soon to be honest. There are too many hotels I would like to try out before returning to this hotel.