Ricard000

Re entry question

This might be answered earlier in this tread but asking just to be sure. I spent one week in bkk in early june. I entered on a 30 days visa exception (Norwegian). Planning on going back for 15 days in beginning of  august. Do I need to apply for visa at my thai embassy or can i get another visa exception? 

/Ricardo 

Edited by Ricard000

Are you entering by air, that means do you arrive at an airport such as BKK?

I can attest to this, as I have been to LOS sometimes 6 times a year, all on visa waivers and always via an airport.

I've never had a problem, but I am always careful of overstaying beyond the 30 days, which are counted from the day you arrive.

Also be aware that if you fly into LOS, but then travel somewhere outside of the LOS and re-enter via a land border, then the counter is reduced to just 15 days from the re-entry date. 

This bit me once after a side trip to Cambodia.

Cheers

SAG

Cambodia has initiated a 30 day travel ban effective 17 March for citizens of Italy, Germany, Spain, France and United States. Myanmar will now quarantine or turn away tourists from several nations, possibly adding more nationalities to the list. Malaysia and Singapore have travel restrictions in place. Possibly other ASEAN nations will follow.
If so, visa runs from Thailand to the usual suspects would be closed as well, creating overstay problems.
Any thoughts as to ways to circumvent this problem. Flights to other nations will possibly be curtailed also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, pjtuile said:

Cambodia has initiated a 30 day travel ban effective 17 March for citizens of Italy, Germany, Spain, France and United States. Myanmar will now quarantine or turn away tourists from several nations, possibly adding more nationalities to the list. Malaysia and Singapore have travel restrictions in place. Possibly other ASEAN nations will follow.
If so, visa runs from Thailand to the usual suspects would be closed as well, creating overstay problems.
Any thoughts as to ways to circumvent this problem. Flights to other nations will possibly be curtailed also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always been my opinion that the Thai govt would lessen the impact of the lack of tourists and keep Thai safer, if they extend the visas of anyone with a valid short term tourist/business visa in the kingdom currently, as they did with the Chinese. That way those requiring visa runs will stay without the need to risk going into a potentially more dangerous country and bringing it back, as well as those tourists who may have planned to go on to Singapore/Malaysia etc but changed their mind and would now stay and spend in Thailand for longer. I would hope this or similar would get implemented sooner rather than later, the economic impact now is starting to take its toll on businesses that don't just survive hand to mouth. 

12 hours ago, Ropey said:

It's always been my opinion that the Thai govt would lessen the impact of the lack of tourists and keep Thai safer, if they extend the visas of anyone with a valid short term tourist/business visa in the kingdom currently, as they did with the Chinese. That way those requiring visa runs will stay without the need to risk going into a potentially more dangerous country and bringing it back, as well as those tourists who may have planned to go on to Singapore/Malaysia etc but changed their mind and would now stay and spend in Thailand for longer. I would hope this or similar would get implemented sooner rather than later, the economic impact now is starting to take its toll on businesses that don't just survive hand to mouth. 

Thai government,  not that f#@Ken smart