Thanks

Artbox Sukhumvit Soi 10 Chuvit Garden (CIB)

I've stopped off at the Artbox a couple of times on the 'Great Trek North' to soi 10 and 20...

Its got the same vibe as the night market behind the Esplanade shopping centre by the Thailand Cultural Centre MRT station, but without the teaming crowds of Thais at the weekend.

The food there is pretty good and there's a decent selection. 

I didn't look around any of the non-food stalls, as I was a man on a mission on the 2-3 occasions that I stopped off there, and time was of the essence!

SAG

Looks more the kind of place you would go as a group to eat or chill out...A solo Monger on his table for one might look a bit out of place.

3 hours ago, taaseesanuk said:

Looks more the kind of place you would go as a group to eat or chill out...A solo Monger on his table for one might look a bit out of place.

...thats the story of my life Taas!

SAG

I was staying in Paradiso across Soi 10 when the workers were putting the finishing touches on this a few months ago. I went over a few nights later and was a bit bored. Maybe the vibe has gained some momentum since then. I was also alone and I'm sure this had an impact on my thinking.

Nice ass the 3rd picture down ... lower right hand side. 

That site had been said was leased/bought by Land&House PLC (Centrepoint, Terminal 21 owners). Presumably sub let it while the lengthy environmental impact studies get done (yes apparently they do them, not that there is much evidence of it). Good idea to bring bit life back to that area.

They now have Gayle Ale for sale at the Art Box Bangkok:

IMG_20190731_090853.thumb.jpg.df44322a4f71671ca36e9867587018c5.jpg

I didn't try it so cannot comment on the taste...

Gayle - Brewed With Love Pty is an Australian brand & company with a subsidiary in the UK based in Fulham.

10 hours ago, Thanks said:

They now have Gayle Ale emoji304.png for sale at the Art Box Bangkok:

IMG_20190731_090853.thumb.jpg.df44322a4f71671ca36e9867587018c5.jpg

I didn't try it so cannot comment on the taste...

Gayle - Brewed With Love Pty is an Australian brand & company with a subsidiary in the UK based in Fulham.

Hmmm...bit camp for my taste, I will stick to the chang and JD!

Small market by Bangkok standards open from 4pm to midnight. More emphasis on food stalls. I cant comment on quality although the Cooper dry aged Steaks stall is decent. Live music throughout and they rotate.

Why is it closing on November 30, 2019? I was looking for forward to popping in on occasion when I arrive later in December. Since high season starts in December, it’s disappointing to hear it will be shut down beforehand.

I wandered through here on my way out last night, as you can use it to exit Soi 10 onto Sukhumvit. It's got a nice relaxed vibe. Could be a good date spot. Fairly dark and busy so you wouldn't stand out that much regardless of how tall your LB is.

Feels a bit out of place on Sukhumvit, mind you, this might be the direction for Sukhumvit. 

They have live performers playing the usual gooey love songs. Thais just seem to never get enough of that stuff.

52 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

Could be a good date spot. ... you wouldn't stand out that much regardless of how tall your LB is.

62338986_1025576914317149_39024180010890

Edited by Thanks

Wow, she was truly stunning! Do you mind me asking who she is??
Sunday quizz: the mystery girl works at a bar where she doesn't need to purchase a ticket from an airline to be there in 3 minutes from where the picture was taken...

21 minutes ago, Thanks said:

Sunday quizz: the mystery girl works at a bar where she doesn't need to purchase a ticket from an airline to be there in 3 minutes from where the picture was taken...emoji574.png

So to sum it up she is working in a bar within a radius of 3 minute walk from Soi 10 and Artbox?

So to sum it up she is working in a bar within a radius of 3 minute walk from Soi 10 and Artbox?
Yes, perhaps even only 2 minutes. And she doesn't have to fly there...

Well I did not recognize her from CIB thread so maybe some other bar along the Sukhumvit road from soi 4 to 22 maybe?? But again that is a fair bit of road so it all depends how much of a runner she is:-D

Less than 2 minutes actually. Its called Check in Bar. Her name is Nutty. Look at the first post on the thread and you will see its location. There are lots of her pictures and experiences written of her in this thread - Ladyboy Go-Go Bars = Check in Bar, and in the trip reports. 

Cheers.

Wow! I am impressed with myself. Being a newbie and everything. 

Edited by Danum99

Check-in bar is correct. But Nutty? Uhm, I don't think so... Nutty it ain't.. 

Here's another picture of the mystery girl at work:

66223256_1044891002385740_81533192246898

Edited by Thanks