mespicy

Soi 11 Hotels

One other note regarding the map kindly provided by OTS:

If you take the side soi from Citrus Suites down to soi 3 (Soi Arab!) and then turn right, that will take you to the PB Hotel which used to be my go to for ST rendezvous.

There's actually 2 sections to this 'love hotel' There's a motel style set-up with curtains outside each parking bay, so visitors can hide their cars. There's also the main hotel building. I'd recommend the main hotel building which charges slightly more, but is a lot better.

It used to be THB 400-500 for 2 hours and 2 towels, but that may have increased over the past 3 years.

Cheers

SAG

11 minutes ago, Ropey said:

Ambassador Hotel - beds ingrained with the sweat of a thousand hookers. A real dive behind the facade. 

I used to cut through the Ambassador Hotel shortcut to get to soi 13 on a daily basis about 3 years ago.

The clientele seemed to be large coach parties from the Indian sub-continent, who were always just milling around aimlessly.

Maybe they were all saving their energy for the 1,000 hookers that night?

For this reason I never considered staying there, although as Ropey points out, the facade is quite nice.

If you look at the prime ground space it is located on, the best thing they could do would be to knock it down and build an NEP-style complex there, as it is situated on a very large plot of land.

Cheers

SAG

I stayed at the holiday inn express at the end and it was ok.  Room bed. Bathroom were all good. I had the AC so cold it was almost snowing. Only complaint was the breakfast, that is absolute garbage

Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it, take on board about the distance up the soil so looking at Ambassador as it has good facilities , have inquired about there guest policy.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, Ropey said:

Ambassador Hotel - beds ingrained with the sweat of a thousand hookers. A real dive behind the facade. 

Are most hotels not ingrained with hookers sweat in BKK ?  Is it really a dive ?

1 hour ago, mespicy said:

Are most hotels not ingrained with hookers sweat in BKK ?  Is it really a dive ?

To be fair, it's been 5 years since I stayed there and one time was enough - it was filthy and well dated, with cigarette smell that seemed to emit from the ancient creaking aircon. No problem for guests, I spent the night there with Ammy a freelancer who used to work outside mcds on suk. 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ropey said:

To be fair, it's been 5 years since I stayed there and one time was enough - it was filthy and well dated, with cigarette smell that seemed to emit from the ancient creaking aircon. No problem for guests, I spent the night there with Ammy a freelancer who used to work outside mcds on suk. 

Apparently the now charge you if they copy ID - What is you guest policy? : Hotel allow you bring joiner in the room but not over night and we have additional charge THB 20.- for copy ID or passport.

1 hour ago, mespicy said:

Apparently the now charge you if they copy ID - What is you guest policy? : Hotel allow you bring joiner in the room but not over night and we have additional charge THB 20.- for copy ID or passport.

All the more reason to avoid this dump imo

On 6/17/2019 at 5:09 PM, OneTrueSaxon said:

Citrus Soi 11 opened in 2015 and stayed there five times now. Situated in Soi 11 alley so quite and just a short walk to Soi 3 

Only negative is no pool but you can use the one in Soi 13

Le Fenix was ok back in 2009 but not stayed there since.

Grand Business Inn also good but no in room safe but safe deposit boxes behind reception 

sorry for lack of information but at work at the moment 

What is Soi 11? 

17 minutes ago, Jonnyfairplay said:

What is Soi 11? 

Soi 11 is in the Nana district full of bars, restaurants, hotels and nightclubs. A decent area to stay. Not to far to Check in Bar and Soi 4 where you’ll find Chaos Bar, Why Not Bar and Nana Plaza Entertainment centre.

5 minutes ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Soi 11 is in the Nana district full of bars, restaurants, hotels and nightclubs. A decent area to stay. Not to far to Check in Bar and Soi 4 where you’ll find Chaos Bar, Why Not Bar and Nana Plaza Entertainment centre.

Do you want to go with me ? 

1 hour ago, Jonnyfairplay said:

Do you want to go with me ? 

If you are about the same time as me. I’d show you the bars, as I have with a few guys who were on their first trip and were there the same time as me. Always happy to help out

Edited by OneTrueSaxon