Jump to content
Bangkok Ladyboys Forum
mespicy

Soi 11 Hotels

Recommended Posts

Citrus Soi 11 opened in 2015 and stayed there five times now. Situated in Soi 11 alley so quite and just a short walk to Soi 3 

Only negative is no pool but you can use the one in Soi 13

Le Fenix was ok back in 2009 but not stayed there since.

Grand Business Inn also good but no in room safe but safe deposit boxes behind reception 

sorry for lack of information but at work at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mp85 said:

Stayed in citadines soi 11 last October, was decent. 

Forgot about that one. Stayed there in March 2014 and the bar Mulligan’s next door stays open for the Champions League matches as well as late Premier League kick off’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mespicy

I stayed at Citadines soi 11 a number of times over the years, but unless you get a room at the back on the 7th or 8th floor you may have problems sleeping as the bars in the area play the music at full blast until about 0200.

If you are a late night type, then it wont be a problem, but believe me, any room below the 7th floor will require ear plugs if you want to sleep before 0200-0300.

I also found it to be quite a walk in the heat or the rain to Sukhumvit, as the pavements can get crowded and there is a lot of traffic.

I moved over to the Citadines on soi 8, which is a lot quieter and has a free 24 hour tuk tuk to Sukhumvit. Plus it is cheaper. 

OTS is correct about Citrus Suites, whilst I have never stayed there, its about the same standard as Citadines and is in a quieter location, so between the 2, if you want to stay on soi 11, then I'd go with the Citrus Suites.

Cheers

SAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Forgot about that one. Stayed there in March 2014 and the bar Mulligan’s next door stays open for the Champions League matches as well as late Premier League kick off’s

Never a problem for me, as I’m never in the room before 4am most nights :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mp85 said:

Never a problem for me, as I’m never in the room before 4am most nights :) 

Me neither. I was meaning so I could watch the matches :Drinker:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Forgot about that one. Stayed there in March 2014 and the bar Mulligan’s next door stays open for the Champions League matches as well as late Premier League kick off’s

As you do..somethings are a must!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Citrus Soi 11 opened in 2015 and stayed there five times now. Situated in Soi 11 alley so quite and just a short walk to Soi 3 

Only negative is no pool but you can use the one in Soi 13

Le Fenix was ok back in 2009 but not stayed there since.

Grand Business Inn also good but no in room safe but safe deposit boxes behind reception 

sorry for lack of information but at work at the moment 

I also thought you never had time for a job OTS! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have stayed at Citrus 11 a few times and can recommend that one along with OneTrueSaxon. If you can, you should spring for one of their suite rooms. It's not much more than a regular room and the suites have 2 full bathrooms, which comes in very handy when you bring guests into your room. 

Last December, I stayed at Solitaire which is on Soi 11 where it veers off to Soi 13. This place is not bad and the rooms have gigantic beds - larger than king size and I had never come across them before. You can easily sleep with 3 ladyboys in one bed if you need. The restaurant is pretty lame, but that's no big deal because Soi 11 has many places to eat. Below is a thread on Solitaire - despite qualms, I would stay there again because of its location and value.

 

Last but not least is Grand Swiss Hotel, which I really like. It's a Compass property like the various Citrus hotels and every one of their places offer a lot of bang for the buck. Below is a review I wrote a few years ago. If you read it all the way through you will come across a little treat at the end, 555. Hope this helps and good luck. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always stay at the Salil on Soi 11. Always book a Deluxe room on top floor. I keep an eye on the sales on Agoda or Expedia and book when the price is right.

No pool. Small lobby. Guest friendly. If you take a LB up she will have to sign in but not GGs - they go right up with you unless they look like ice smoking trouble trash.

Room is sizable enough with large bathroom, soaker tub and separate shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oliver17 said:

I have stayed at Citrus 11 a few times and can recommend that one along with OneTrueSaxon. If you can, you should spring for one of their suite rooms. It's not much more than a regular room and the suites have 2 full bathrooms, which comes in very handy when you bring guests into your room. 

Last December, I stayed at Solitaire which is on Soi 11 where it veers off to Soi 13. This place is not bad and the rooms have gigantic beds - larger than king size and I had never come across them before. You can easily sleep with 3 ladyboys in one bed if you need. The restaurant is pretty lame, but that's no big deal because Soi 11 has many places to eat. Below is a thread on Solitaire - despite qualms, I would stay there again because of its location and value.

 

Last but not least is Grand Swiss Hotel, which I really like. It's a Compass property like the various Citrus hotels and every one of their places offer a lot of bang for the buck. Below is a review I wrote a few years ago. If you read it all the way through you will come across a little treat at the end, 555. Hope this helps and good luck. 

 

Thanks for this and i did read all way to the end after i had scrolled down for the treat first :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SAGuy said:

Hey mespicy

I stayed at Citadines soi 11 a number of times over the years, but unless you get a room at the back on the 7th or 8th floor you may have problems sleeping as the bars in the area play the music at full blast until about 0200.

If you are a late night type, then it wont be a problem, but believe me, any room below the 7th floor will require ear plugs if you want to sleep before 0200-0300.

I also found it to be quite a walk in the heat or the rain to Sukhumvit, as the pavements can get crowded and there is a lot of traffic.

I moved over to the Citadines on soi 8, which is a lot quieter and has a free 24 hour tuk tuk to Sukhumvit. Plus it is cheaper. 

OTS is correct about Citrus Suites, whilst I have never stayed there, its about the same standard as Citadines and is in a quieter location, so between the 2, if you want to stay on soi 11, then I'd go with the Citrus Suites.

Cheers

SAG

This looks good and definately an option, seems very good value for what you get or is it a bit dated ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mespicy said:

This looks good and definately an option, seems very good value for what you get or is it a bit dated ? 

 

Hi again mespicy

If you are referring to Citadines soi 8, I think it is in better condition than the soi 11 property, as it is a bit quieter and gets more couples.

It is also going through a floor by floor refurb, so I think the rooms are in very good nick. 

I've never had a problem bringing a LB back there and the walk of shame is just a few metres!

There's also a number of good eateries nearby, Det-5 serves a good breakfast and is in walking distance.

Cheers

SAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys keep posting about all these amazing places I may, just may, have to break the habit of a lifetime and ditch Nana Hotel for pastures new!

My heart and soul (and various bodily fluids) have forever been entrenched in that place but....maybe it's time to start dining at the top table!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mespicy said:

Mercure looks good anyone been here ? 

 

Mercure is the previous President Palace. It was a good hotel with large rooms, but needed renovation. The renovation has been done. I have not been in the hotel since the renovation.

Edited by Nick Bullseye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never stayed at Fraser Suites, as I found it to be too far down Soi 11 and traffic can make a taxi ride a long term investment at night.

However, I can attest to the rooftop bar, which is really nice and a great place to take chums at night.

I seem to recollect taking Jell there a few times, a few years ago.

Cheers 

SAG

P.S. Youngone - does each room there come with such attractive room service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really a budget traveller, so I can't really talk to everyone's requirements, but I live very close. My dad visited recently and stayed at Ambassador. That's actually pretty good value, and nowhere near as far down the soi as some of the options presented. Soi 11 is extremely busy, and very crowded. There's a lot of construction happening at the moment, blocking half of the already-small sidewalks. Don't get me wrong, I really like Soi 11. The far end is rad - really nice bars, restaurants. Nice hipster boho vibe. Strong recommend. But it's a long walk down and won't be a welcome walk all the time. 

If staying at Soi 11 I'd recommend staying more towards the middle, and closer to Sukhumvit end. Grand Swiss, Ambassador, etc. You'll save money being further down, but I'm not personally sure it is worth. It's one of the most crowded side sois along the stretch, especially late at night. IMO you'll value a short walk to Nana BTS more than a short walk to Insanity Nightclub.

As another bit of unsolicited advice, bear in mind that Soi 11 isn't very near anything. It's half way between Soi Nana and Soi Cowboy. Probably more Nana-end. But it's certainly not a close walk to either, and will require a taxi to get a notoriously lazy bargirl/ladyboy to come home with you. Only CIB is reasonably close, and you'd still need a taxi/tuktuk/motosai to get there. And ironically that pretty much has to go via Nana to get to the right side of the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One reason I like Citrus 11 is you can cut out the long walk down Soi 11 by going down Soi 11 alley where Citrus is situated.

I stayed at Le Fenix in 2009 and used the alley to get to Nana Plaza etc 

It may look far but a lot less traffic and once you get in to Soi 3 there are wider pavements with less people. Much quicker in my opinion. 

Their is a short cut to Soi 7 and 7/1 from Soi 11 by Raintree Massage Palour where you cut through the car park. Gates usually closed after midnight though.

652DC9A8-10C3-4610-8334-95EDC640E970.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The alternative short cut from Citrus Suites would be to take the side soi by the Holiday Inn Express, which joins up with Soi 13.

There's also a side soi connecting the Ambassador Hotel to soi 13.

Soi 13 is a bit dark at night down towards the bottom end, but it also has a lot less traffic than soi 11 and takes you out to Sukhumvit by Margarita Storm, which is almost opposite CIB and you can access the other side of Sukhumvit via the overpass near to Holly's Coffee Shop.

WN Bar is about a 5 minutes brisk walk from there also. A top tip for walking to WN Bar is to take the elevated walkway that connects from Robinson all of the way through to Terminal 21 and then past Soi 21.  This has the advantages of being a covered walkway and you also avoid the traffic lights of the Asok intersection.

Cheers 

SAG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×