drspike

Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit?

On 5/26/2019 at 4:14 AM, drspike said:

Has anyone tried the new Hyatt Regency?

There are still building with a soft opening but some reviews at flyertalk.com for the rooms that have been finished. 

This is so close to me I can walk directly to it through the car park. I can't speak to the hotel, but the location is surely a good one. The front of it is a popular hang out for street walkers. Some of them ladyboys.

57 minutes ago, pdiddy544 said:

Anyone know if its guest friendly? For LBs too? Do they check IDs?

Any Hotel with worth it's salt will have an ID checking system for guests....The only Hotel I know that does not allow Ladyboys is The Grace which is Arab owned.

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit at the end of last year. Great hotel. Very nice rooms, great Club lounge, nice swimming pool I think on level 4 with so so view.

Awesome rooftop bar called Spectrum Lounge.

I did not bring a guest in while I stayed at this hotel though the reception area is very busy. I walked through many times late evenings and didn't seem to be anyone checking id. But maybe if I had a guest someone would have sprung up to check. There was a door man opening the door directly off Sukhumvit. maybe he checks if you have a guest. But i'd say being a 5 star hotel you will have no problems bringing a guest (whatever flavour), maybe just the id check for your protection. I used to stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan and had no problems with bring guests. During the day no id check, only at night time do they have someone standing at the lifts checking id.

Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit:

About 1 minute walk to Soi 11 and Nana BTS skytrain station.

Only took less than 10 minute stroll up to Nana.

Quite a few freelancers standing right out the front of Hyatt Regency at night time on Sukhumvit. I saw both GG and LB but none I would have dragged off the street!