Thanks

Thai Style Nightlife Areas in Bangkok: Cocowalk, Udom Suk and Srinakarin

It's probably a long shot, but I'm asking anyway...

I'm looking for information and leads on the following three "Thai Thai" nightlife areas: 
- Cocowalk, 
- Udom Suk Rd. and 
- Srinakarin

One possibly interesting Thai style nightlife area could be Srinarakin Road I think. 

The Railway weekend night market (Talad Rot Fai) on Sri Nakarin Road near Paradise Park Mall as well as Seacon Square Mall looks intriguing - at least on Google images...

I've found out already that the market days are Thursday to Sunday evening. Apart from the market stalls, there are also some western style bars there it seems...

Has anyone an idea if one can find (pro or non-pro) girls (LB or GG) there? I guess Flip Club (on the "other" side of the two big malls) is not really an option to meet lbs?

Srinakarin is close to Suvarnabhumi airport and there are a few international hotels nearby. I'm looking at the Dusit Princess as a potential place to stay either the night after arrival or before a flight out of BKK. So getting there would be by cab I expect.

Has anyone been there, i.e. at the Sri Nakarin railway market and/or the Dusit Princess or has anyone otherwise knowledge of the (LB/GG) nightlife scene there?

Another nightlife area I'm looking at that is apparently mainly set up for the locals is Udom Suk Rd. 

Since the opening of the BTS station there a few years ago, it appears it has now become accessible even if you're staying far away, e.g. in the Sukhumvit area. 

Apparently "many" foreigners have bought or rented condos in this area, particularly since the opening of the BTS station. So there might be at least some foreigner friendly nightlife there, right?

Udom Suk ist just 3 BTS stations from On Nut...

I know that there are some naughty massage parlours around Udom Suk near the Sukhumvit end and there's at least one ST hotel, Hotel Udomsuk, where streetwalkers (apparently LB & GG) go to with their clients...

I've also learned from a Google search that the road is very long and that the bars and restaurants are scattered throughout the road. However there's apparently a cluster of (hostess) bars and karaokes between Sois 49 and 51 and further up toward Srinakarin. 

One hostess bar is called Ting Ting:

Another one is called Lan La karaoke. Obviously also a hostess bar. Another potentially interesting bar I guess could be Fifty Five bar .

Rao Cocktail lounge even has an interesting video on their homepage:

I assume those aforementioned hostess bars are mostly GG places? From the little experience I have gained so far in LOS, I figured out that where there is a p4p GG place there's often (though not always) a lb or two mixed in or at least not far away...

Getting there from BTS Udom Suk on foot is not recommended I guess? Are cabs available (and willing) to get you from the BTS station to Soi 51 or other alleys with bars?

On Stickman, there's an older report on the Udom Suk karaoke / hostess bar scene. The 'Midnite Hour' has also reviewed the area in the past.

Has anyone explored the (GG or LB) nightclub scene there? What about the streetwalker scene?

Is it worth the effort or does Udom Suk, well, suck?

A third area I'd like to give a shot sometime is Cocowalk, or better "Co Co Walk" - to avoid confusion... 

Of the three areas mentioned it should be the one that is the most easy to get to. It's located right next to Ratchathewi BTS station, just four stations away from Nana BTS and only three from Phloen Chit BTS...  

There are some bars with live music and in general, from the images I see on Google, it looks rather "western" to me...

Are there any particularly good places to pick up a lb at Co Co Walk?

In general - by and large - I do like staying in "tourist town" (Nana/NEP, Phom Phrong, Silom/Patpong, Asok/Cowboy) for its convenience and easy access to all the foreigner oriented (lb) nightlife. 

However "tourist town" is about as authentically Thai as a Rolex watch bought at the Patpong nightmarket is authentic Swiss made... 

I therefore like to explore new and more authentic Thai nightlife areas - well, at least once in a while...

I've posted this in the general nightlife section. So please feel free to post here anything related to the three areas - and not only related to p4p...

3 minutes ago, Thanks said:

I'm looking for information and leads on the following three "Thai Thai" nightlife areas: 
- Cocowalk, 
- Udom Suk Rd. and 
- Srinakarin

One possibly interesting Thai style nightlife area could be Srinarakin Road I think. 

The Railway weekend night market on Sri Nakarin Road near Paradise Park Mall as well as Seacon Square Mall looks intriguing - at least on Google images...

I've found out already that the market days are Thursday to Sunday evening. Apart from the market stalls, there are also some western style bars there it seems...

Has anyone an idea if one can find (pro or non-pro) girls (LB or GG) there? I guess Flip Club (on the "other" side of the two big malls) is not really an option to meet lbs?

Srinakarin is close to Suvarnabhumi airport and there are a few international hotels nearby. I'm looking at the Dusit Princess as a potential place to stay either the night after arrival or before a flight out of BKK. So getting there would be by cab I expect.

Has anyone been there, i.e. at the Sri Nakarin railway market and/or the Dusit Princess or has anyone otherwise knowledge of the (LB/GG) nightlife scene there?

Another nightlife area I'm looking at that is apparently mainly set up for the locals is Udom Suk Rd. 

Since the opening of the BTS station there a few years ago, it appears it's now become accessible even if one is staying far away in the Sukhumvit area. 

Apparently "many" foreigners have bought or rented condos in this area, particularly since the opening of the BTS station. So there might be at least some foreigner friendly nightlife scene there, right?

I know that there are some naughty massage parlours around Udom Suk and there's at least one ST hotel, Hotel Udomsuk, where streetwalkers go to with their clients...

I've also learned from a Google search that the road is very long and that the bars and restaurants are scattered throughout the road. However there's apparently a cluster of (hostess) bars and karaokes between Sois 49 and 51. 

Another one is called Lan La karaoke. Obviously also a hostess bar. Other potentially interesting bars I guess are Fifty Five bar and Pretty House bar. Rao Cocktail lounge even has an interesting video on their homepage:

I assume those aforementioned hostess bars are mostly GG places? From the little experience I have gained so far in LOS, I figured out that where there is a p4p GG place there's often a lb or two mixed in or at least not far away...

Getting there from BTS Udom Suk on foot is not recommended I guess? Are cabs available (and willing) to get you from the BTS station to Soi 51 or other alleys with bars?

Has anyone explored the (GG or LB) nightclub scene there? What about the streetwalker scene?

A third area I'd like to give a shot sometime is Cocowalk, or better "Co Co Walk" - to avoid confusion... 

Of the three areas mentioned it should be the most easy one to get to. It's located right next to Ratchathewi BTS station, just four stations away from Nana BTS and only three from Phloen Chit BTS...  

There are some bars with live music and in general, from the images I see on Google, it looks rather "western" to me...

In general - by and large - I do like staying in "tourist town" (Nana/NEP, Phom Phrong, Silom/Patpong, Asok/Cowboy) for its convenience and easy access to all the foreigner oriented (lb) nightlife. 

However "tourist town" is about as authentically Thai as a Hublot watch bought from the Patpong nightmarket is authentically Swiss... 

I therefore like to explore new and more authentic Thai nightlife areas - well, at least once in a while...

I've posted this in the general nightlife section. So please feel free to post anything related to the three areas and not only related to p4p...

That is an interesting challenge Thanks....my only observation would be that even if you find a relatively untapped area of bars with LB's and GG's working them you will still

be treated as farang the same you would in NEP or cowboy. I guess though,  a welcome break from the the stereotypical frequenters of such places wouldn't be a bad thing. I would ask that if you have luck with your findings to post it here but you always do and it's always appreciated.

22 hours ago, taaseesanuk said:

you will still be treated as farang the same you would in NEP or cowboy.

Yes I understand. But that's not the point. I find the majority of Thais treat farang with courtesy and respect as long as they get the same treatment in return...

if you have luck with your findings to post it here

If I have luck, I will post it. If not...

post it here but you always do

No... Not always :ph34r:

it's always appreciated

Thanks !!!

2 hours ago, flipflops said:

I think one might follow OTS, davvid and other BMs approaches. That has been to develop relationships over time. Many of the BMs here keep continuous contact with the people they meet here. On their next trip they are sure to stop in and say hello ... even if just for a dinner and not a bar fine. Part of the success many of the BMs have is because they are interested in the girl for reasons other than sex. Get to know a few girls who will take you where the action is. Then one the next trip visit that place by yourself and see if it works.

Pretty soon you'll be invited to a night of Mo Lam.. then you'll know you are in.

100% agree with you in CM, not so sure about Krung Thep.

4 hours ago, Thanks said:

- Cocowalk, 
- Udom Suk Rd. and 
- Srinakarin

The Railway weekend night market (Talad Rot Fai) on Sri Nakarin Road near Paradise Park Mall as well as Seacon Square Mall looks intriguing - at least on Google images...

Since the opening of the BTS station there a few years ago, it appears it has now become accessible even if one is staying far away, e.g. in the Sukhumvit area. 

Apparently "many" foreigners have bought or rented condos in this area, particularly since the opening of the BTS station. So there might be at least some foreigner friendly nightlife there, right?

I know that there are some naughty massage parlours around Udom Suk and there's at least one ST hotel, Hotel Udomsuk, where streetwalkers go to with their clients...

I've also learned from a Google search that the road is very long and that the bars and restaurants are scattered throughout the road. However there's apparently a cluster of (hostess) bars and karaokes between Sois 49 and 51. 

Another one is called Lan La karaoke. Obviously also a hostess bar. Other potentially interesting bars I guess are Fifty Five bar and Pretty House bar. Rao Cocktail lounge even has an interesting video on their homepage:

I assume those aforementioned hostess bars are mostly GG places? From the little experience I have gained so far in LOS, I figured out that where there is a p4p GG place there's often a lb or two mixed in or at least not far away...

Of the three areas mentioned it should be the most easy one to get to. It's located right next to Ratchathewi BTS station, just four stations away from Nana BTS and only three from Phloen Chit BTS...  

However "tourist town" is about as authentically Thai as a Rolex watch bought at the Patpong nightmarket is authentic Swiss made... 

I've posted this in the general nightlife section. So please feel free to post here anything related to the three areas - and not only related to p4p...

Hi Thanks

Great research as always, but I cannot comment on any of these 3 venues, as they're too far off the 'beaten path' for me to have looked at.

If you want a real Thai experience, maybe try Udon Thani?

I was there on a job about 3 years ago and there's a whole area in the city centre, unimaginatively called "Bar Farang" so very easy to find! Its a strip of about 12 beer bars under a roof and they had a lot of GGs there, who seemed to be retired from PAT and BKK and so went home. I don't remember any LBs, but I am sure that there were.

Udon Thani is a cheap flight from BKK and I liked the place, so maybe worthwhile for you to have a look?

Cheers

SAG

Thanks guys! Thanks a lot for your excellent feedback - much appreciated!

I didn't expect to get any sound feedback when I was writing the OP... All the better that your posts were thoughtful, elaborate, wise, and also of actual practical help! Your guidance will help me making the best of my future stays in Bangkok! :)

Flipflop's advice to build relationships with the girls you meet in Thailand is particularly important I think ! I've been to Bangkok about seven or eight times in the last 10 months - or about every six to seven weeks on average... :o

I particularly regret not having stayed in contact with some very nice girls I met last summer... With one exception they were all basically just one-off encounters... :wacko:

The problem I see is that unless one can permanently live in LOS it's difficult to maintaining long-term relationships. I do have in mind applying for a retirement visa sometime, but for various reasons it's unlikely that this will work out within the next three, four years already... But we'll see... sometimes miracles happen... 

:Angel:

I also appreciate the suggestion by SAGuy to check out the scene in Udon Thani. I've never been there and I haven't even thought of it before... But it sounds intriguing. As I dislike Pattaya, that will be a real good alternative for a change of scenery from Sukhumvit and Silom... 

Thanks to Ropey for the great overview of the three nightlife areas! Very helpful! I understand now that going to the venues in the local areas will probably be a lot more fun if you ask a girl back in "tourist town" to come along with you instead of just going there on your own and trying your luck alone...

Rock bar in Coco Walk however sounds like a place I might check out on my own...

Udom Suk is perhaps a little bit too far out of the way... But I will keep it on my 'list' anyway...

Srinakarin still looks interesting to me. Some bars there have an internet presence, such as the Drunk1Down4up, Drive, the Bronx, Begin, or Ru 69 bar.

RCA is definitely on my radar screen. The idea with the card and the Line ID is excellent! Will try...

Ratchada Rot Fai is also a good idea that I didn't come up with on my own so far. I can see that the train market there is better accessible than the one in Srinakarin because of its proximity to MRT Thailand Cultural Center station...

I've read mixed reviews of the nightlife scene further 'down' Ratchada, in alleys 4 & 6. But I guess I'm much too old for Snop, Fake and Hollywood anyhow...

Didn't really have Thong Lor and Saphan Kway on my radar so far... But since both are easily accessible from both, Sukhumvit as well as Surawong, I think I shall explore these areas as well sometime... 

Good to know that there are so many great options in Bangkok! It never gets boring! That's one reason why I like it so much...

On 4/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, Ropey said:

I've been to rock bar a few times in coco walk,

The Rock Pub Bangkok in Ratchathewi has a "Night of Metallica vs. Motorhead" special this Friday 27th of Sep.

71736621_2655340464497703_51794809311817

Wish I could be there...:( 

69470022_2618864984811918_42617721508992

70538723_2642929639072119_80338736931070

69375992_2613077058724044_66360913398364

Beer list:

71515169_2644823558882727_83176410441874

71179931_2635298039835279_77393927694450

70904651_2636631383035278_63178528775911

Edited by Thanks

Searching for "ladyboy bar" in Bangkok I keep getting results for a place on Phetkasem 47, between Bang Wa and Bang Khae, on the western outskirts of Krung Thep, close to MRT station Lak Song. Google Plus Code:

PC66+7H Bangkok, Thailand

Looks like a restaurant to me... but with mostly ladyboys:

14334697_557039904483322_543958395305905

41024769_2063102037068517_79480956555877

21690766_486295528436044_460194352506653

57382499_671550703289317_397134204724952

43621856_1938176686275960_68978310726595

17438733_433867606962984_797805946351910

16231014_826890690783612_317421025601205

14701185_1860100277554200_91027626464441

Is this some kind of ladyboy restaurant or ladyboy meeting point? 

Edited by Thanks

6 hours ago, Thanks said:

Searching for "ladyboy bar" in Bangkok I keep getting results for a place on Phetkasem 47, between Bang Wa and Bang Khae, on the western outskirts of Krung Thep, close to MRT station Lak Song. Google Plus Code:

PC66+7H Bangkok, Thailand

Looks like a restaurant to me... but with mostly ladyboys:

14334697_557039904483322_543958395305905

41024769_2063102037068517_79480956555877

21690766_486295528436044_460194352506653

57382499_671550703289317_397134204724952

43621856_1938176686275960_68978310726595

17438733_433867606962984_797805946351910

16231014_826890690783612_317421025601205

14701185_1860100277554200_91027626464441

Is this some kind of ladyboy restaurant or ladyboy meeting point? 

It's possible that a ladyboy owns the restaurant and these are her friends on opening night. Where did the pics come from? I don't see any bar or restaurant like this in that location when using the map code or searching 'ladyboy bars', closest I could find was 'Mama's Bar' near the location. 

10 hours ago, Ropey said:

I don't see any bar or restaurant like this in that location when using the map code

Must be next to a petrol station:

Phetkasem47.jpg

On IG go to:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/631884610325759/by/

Edited by Thanks

On 6/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, Thanks said:

Must be next to a petrol station:

Phetkasem47.jpg

On IG go to:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/631884610325759/by/

Drove past the other day, the gas station and buildings surrounding it including the ladyboy restaurant have been demolished.

Isaan lamplen 

Thai issaan cabaret no tourists, been there a couple of times with some of the CIBgirls, open till very early in the morning, straight/gay/cg/lb mixed public

Big fun always and dirt cheap

890thb for a bottle of ssang som + mixers trhrow in another 300and there is food and snacks as well

Need to checlk but i think i have some pictures