4 hours ago, dav662 said:

Anyone going to see him at the Ultra Arena on the 1st May?

Can't say I have ever heard of him....sounds like some christian evangelist...forgive my ignorance but can you enlighten me?

I am sure he knows his trade, but whenever I think of an Australian guitarist the legend that is Angus Young will always be my first thought.

I would say he is among the top acoustic guitarists around. The tickets seems to have been sold out so I wonder who has bought them? Not really the kind of musician the Thai people would like. 

On 4/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, dav662 said:

I would say he is among the top acoustic guitarists around. The tickets seems to have been sold out so I wonder who has bought them? Not really the kind of musician the Thai people would like. 

I think you'd be surprised, Bangkok Thais are big fans of this type of music and many thai restaurants have solo acts similar to him playing over meals/drinks. Isaan/Laos country music you may be more familiar with because many ladyboys from upcountry tend to like it and blare it from their phones.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:17 AM, dav662 said:

If you are interested, Stubhub is available in Thailand and they have tix for this show:

https://www.stubhub.co.th/en/tommy-emmanuel-tickets/ca14677