Sign in to follow this  
SAGuy

Any recommendations for a dentist to pull wisdom teeth?

So I had my first wisdom tooth pulled about 15 years ago in NY by a dentist straight out of college. He used the laughing gas very liberally and it was overall not a bad experience. But my dental insurance ran out, so that was the end of that.

My second was about 5 years ago in Cape Town, by Dr. Mengele's crueller younger brother. It took about 6 days to get over that one!

I'm now thinking about getting the remaining 2 pulled in BKK, as its a lot cheaper there and it seems that they have some decent dentists, who don't think that leaving you looking like a hamster on steroids is a great thing. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for dentists that do a decent job on wisdom teeth and have any indication of the costs involved?

Cheers

SAG

2 hours ago, SAGuy said:

So I had my first wisdom tooth pulled about 15 years ago in NY by a dentist straight out of college. He used the laughing gas very liberally and it was overall not a bad experience. But my dental insurance ran out, so that was the end of that.

My second was about 5 years ago in Cape Town, by Dr. Mengele's crueller younger brother. It took about 6 days to get over that one!

I'm now thinking about getting the remaining 2 pulled in BKK, as its a lot cheaper there and it seems that they have some decent dentists, who don't think that leaving you looking like a hamster on steroids is a great thing. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for dentists that do a decent job on wisdom teeth and have any indication of the costs involved?

Cheers

SAG

I would stay clear of the pop up clinics down Soi 3 SAG ...They are still plying their trade at 2am! One evening at this time I watched three staff members come out wearing their full teeth pulling regalia and surgical masks to go down to 7/11!! 

1 hour ago, taaseesanuk said:

I would stay clear of the pop up clinics down Soi 3 SAG ...They are still plying their trade at 2am! One evening at this time I watched three staff members come out wearing their full teeth pulling regalia and surgical masks to go down to 7/11!! 

Thanks Taas

I tend to avoid 'Soi Arab' as it feel like too close to 'home' for me to be comfortable there LOL.

Clearly the pop-ups are appealing to the ME medical tourists, but I'll stay well clear.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers

SAG

8 minutes ago, Robert.Farang said:

I highly recommend the Dental  Hospital that was on Soi 49, now relocated. 

Top quality work, competitive pricing. Friendly...etc.

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

Thanks very much Robert, I'll go and have a look there on the next trip.

According to the site, they are now on soi 77 and 60% of the customers are foreigners, so it does come across as professional.

That's top of the list now.

Cheers

SAG

1 minute ago, SAGuy said:

Thanks Taas

I tend to avoid 'Soi Arab' as it feel like too close to 'home' for me to be comfortable there LOL.

Clearly the pop-ups are appealing to the ME medical tourists, but I'll stay well clear.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers

SAG

Always a unique event walking down Soi 3 in the wee hours.....proper sleaze!

Just now, taaseesanuk said:

Always a unique event walking down Soi 3 in the wee hours.....proper sleaze!

Taas

If you scratch just beneath the surface of the glitz and bling of Dubai, there's a lot of sleazy places that the mall-obsessed tourists never see.

One area is called Bur Dubai and its where us mongers would naturally congregate, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Soi 3 reminds me very much of Bur Dubai, with the revolving death shwarma stands and big-ass street meat. 

Cheers

SAG

18 minutes ago, SAGuy said:

Taas

If you scratch just beneath the surface of the glitz and bling of Dubai, there's a lot of sleazy places that the mall-obsessed tourists never see.

One area is called Bur Dubai and its where us mongers would naturally congregate, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Soi 3 reminds me very much of Bur Dubai, with the revolving death shwarma stands and big-ass street meat. 

Cheers

SAG

I thought Dubai was constant glitz until you reach the sand dunes! I am guessing that there is serious consequences to either mongering or soliciting out there.

Is the SW's there a mixed bag from all over?