Thanks

Ibis Styles Nana Sukhumvit Soi 4 / 6

Love the bum gun expression...totally apt!

I am sure its only me who has any love for the Nana hotel on here, yes it is full of Monger's but it takes one to know one.

In truth, I''m not overly fixated on hotels providing it's clean, secure, and in a good location and well priced.

@taaseesanuk

I'm also not fixated on one specific hotel in Bangkok. Actually I like moving around a bit: 3 days staying in the Nana south area, 3 days in the Soi 20/22/24 area (QPP & naughty massages near Phrom Phong), 3 days staying somewhere else...

Staying in different areas of Bangkok during one trip gives you a different perspective each time. If you're staying near Asok instead of Nana for example, you're more likely to take the MRT to Pong. Staying in Soi 11 or 13 gives you an excuse to venture around that area and perhaps visit the Arab quarter...

It's like 3 or 4 holidays in one. And the taxi rides from hotel to hotel within Bangkok are quick and inexpensive by day as they use the meter... And in case your hotel is below expectations, you can still look forward to your next one... only thing that is a small annoyance is that you have to pack your suitcase more than once... but I often live just out of my suitcase anyway...so no big deal...

8 hours ago, Thanks said:

@taaseesanuk

I'm also not fixated on one specific hotel in Bangkok. Actually I like moving around a bit: 3 days staying in the Nana south area, 3 days in the Soi 20/22/24 area (QPP & naughty massages near Phrom Phong), 3 days staying somewhere else...

Staying in different areas of Bangkok during one trip gives you a different perspective each time. If you're staying near Asok instead of Nana for example, you're more likely to take the MRT to Pong. Staying in Soi 11 or 13 gives you an excuse to venture around that area and perhaps visit the Arab quarter...

It's like 3 or 4 holidays in one. And the taxi rides from hotel to hotel within Bangkok are quick and inexpensive by day as they use the meter... And in case your hotel is below expectations, you can still look forward to your next one... only thing that is a small issue is that you have to pack your suitcase more than once... but I often live just out of my suitcase anyway...so no big deal...

Not thought of it like that, I can see what your saying, just once I am settled in I can't be arsed to up sticks again!

thanks for taking the time. looks awesome, especially the rooftop areas.

Thanks for this 'Thanks'.  It's much appreciated.  I'm looking at this hotel for my upcoming trip.  I wanted to stay at a different hotel this time around as the last few years I've stayed at Hotel Icon, and it's starting to look a bit "tired" to me - unless they've done some recent updates, I'm not sure.

Was the street noise pretty bad?  

Cheers

MC

4 hours ago, Madchild said:

Thanks for this 'Thanks'.  It's much appreciated.  I'm looking at this hotel for my upcoming trip.  I wanted to stay at a different hotel this time around as the last few years I've stayed at Hotel Icon, and it's starting to look a bit "tired" to me - unless they've done some recent updates, I'm not sure.

Was the street noise pretty bad?  

Cheers

MC

The Icon and the Styles are currently my two favorite hotels in the area because both represent good value IMO and both are perfect for our purposes...

I've stayed at the Icon last time as I wasn't sure if the construction site in front of the Styles was still there or not (it wasn't)....

I agree with your description of the Icon looking a bit tired as it's showing meanwhile some - light - signs of wear. I also like the pool and the pool area of the Styles much better. During rainy season a nice pool isn't that important to me but from November to March it's almost a must to have one...

If you want to book the Styles I recommend signing up for the Accor loyalty program as you often will get a bit better rate and/or a free breakfast included....

I booked Ibis for the first night I'm coming into BKK but Novotel in the same complex for my last three nights in BKK. Wish I'd saved the money and stuck with Ibis if it's so good - seemed too cheap to be true!

I booked Ibis for the first night I'm coming into BKK but Novotel in the same complex for my last three nights in BKK. Wish I'd saved the money and stuck with Ibis if it's so good - seemed too cheap to be true!

The *** Ibis Styles and the **** Novotel Soi 4 are basically one and the same hotel.  At the Styles the rooms are smaller, more functional and less luxurious than at the Novotel. The Novotel rooms are mostly on the top floors while the rooms of the Styles are mostly on the lower levels. 

Good review that, place looks great.

For me it depends on prices on a future trip as its a bit more than I like to spend on a room.