mangatanga

Pharmacy that sells Truvada in the lower Sukhumvit area

Does anyone know of any pharmacies where I can get a month’s supply of Truvada?

I know I can get it from the Red Cross Anonymous Clinic and Pulse clinic but I don’t want to go through their whole testing process before being given a prescription.

Thanks.

Yes I agree on all your points and yes I do regular tests back home. And yes, I may just go into pulse or the Red Cross this week to get some more tests done as it never hurts.

Here’s my reasoning for getting Prep in LOS:

My concern is the cost of Truvada back home is upwards of a few thousand USD per month. Thus requiring the use of medical insurance and thereby piercing the veil of anonymity.

The implication here is that on some levels this could affect access to medical insurance in the USA. One’s HR department finding about the use of Truvada due to high medical costs paid out by your employer. Less likely but definitely possible.

And having a supposed pre existing condition or being in high risk group makes you less desirable and potentially a liability in the eyes of health insurance companies in the USA. This could affect career opportunities. In an age of record keeping, I’d prefer keeping a level of anonymity.

Hence why I prefer getting some Prep/truvada/it’s equivalent from LOS seeing that I will only use it for a short period of time. Starting a few days prior to my trip to wherever I am mongering, during the trip and for several days after the trip.

9 hours ago, mangatanga said:

Yes I agree on all your points and yes I do regular tests back home. And yes, I may just go into pulse or the Red Cross this week to get some more tests done as it never hurts.

Here’s my reasoning for getting Prep in LOS:

My concern is the cost of Truvada back home is upwards of a few thousand USD per month. Thus requiring the use of medical insurance and thereby piercing the veil of anonymity.

Hence why I prefer getting some Prep/truvada/it’s equivalent from LOS seeing that I will only use it for a short period of time. Starting a few days prior to my trip to wherever I am mongering, during the trip and for several days after the trip.

It's hard to find Truvada in LOS but you can easily find its generic equivalent Teno-Em. Chula Besaj Pharmacy in Silom sells for 660 baht. And Aluvia (Kaletra) as a further layer of protection comes at 2500 baht. Obviously, you shouldn't DIY in any way, see a doctor first.

11 hours ago, technodude67 said:

It's hard to find Truvada in LOS but you can easily find its generic equivalent Teno-Em. Chula Besaj Pharmacy in Silom sells for 660 baht. And Aluvia (Kaletra) as a further layer of protection comes at 2500 baht. Obviously, you shouldn't DIY in any way, see a doctor first.

I pay close to 1200 for Teno-Em at Silom Clinic, so 660 is almost half the price. But at least I will be sure it is genuine pills. I rather pay a little extra for my own piece of mind given what we protect us from.

6 hours ago, lb_beginner said:

I pay close to 1200 for Teno-Em at Silom Clinic, so 660 is almost half the price. But at least I will be sure it is genuine pills. I rather pay a little extra for my own piece of mind given what we protect us from.

Yep, paying 1200 baht at Silom Clinic, which is getting supplied by Chula Besaj. Cool. LOL. 

555 really? Where did u get that info?
Chula Besaj is the major drug supplier for any surrounding clinic and hospital (Bangkok Christian, BNH Hospital just to name a few). It's not a common pharmacy, they are gross dealers though they sell to individuals as well. It's not uncommon to go there and wait over an hour because of guys getting orders of, say, 20 kilos medicine packs.

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

6 hours ago, technodude67 said:

Chula Besaj is the major drug supplier for any surrounding clinic and hospital (Bangkok Christian, BNH Hospital just to name a few). It's not a common pharmacy, they are gross dealers though they sell to individuals as well. It's not uncommon to go there and wait over an hour because of guys getting orders of, say, 20 kilos medicine packs.

Tnx, good intel. Will go there and pick up supply then.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, technodude67 said:

Great info. Tnx! I picked up three boxes of Teno-Em at Chula Basaj today for 660 a piece, a 500THB saving pr box. 

The pharmacy is small and was filled with people, so kinda chaotic. But luckily only private orders when I was there, so done in 10 minutes.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:22 AM, lb_beginner said:

Great info. Tnx! I picked up three boxes of Teno-Em at Chula Basaj today for 660 a piece, a 500THB saving pr box. 

The pharmacy is small and was filled with people, so kinda chaotic. But luckily only private orders when I was there, so done in 10 minutes.

Do they require some type of prescription?  Where did you get it?

No prescription required, just THB

On 7/28/2019 at 10:02 PM, dirkdiggler said:

Seriously? You quoted my post without reading it? Read it again. All info is there. 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, technodude67 said:

Yep, paying 1200 baht at Silom Clinic, which is getting supplied by Chula Besaj. Cool. LOL. 

Where exactly is Silom Clinic and is that the full correct name?  A google search comes up with several different Silom Clinics so not sure where to go

Where exactly is Silom Clinic and is that the full correct name?  A google search comes up with several different Silom Clinics so not sure where to go
Search for Silom Pulse clinic. There are now two. One near sala daeng bts stop in Silom and the other on soi 13 Sukhumvit.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

On 9/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, Gympy said:

Search for Silom Pulse clinic. There are now two. One near sala daeng bts stop in Silom and the other on soi 13 Sukhumvit.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Found it. Thanks. Very good service and I now have my pills.....