Knobby

Visa Run Question

I am a newbie to visa runs and getting visa extensions.

Do any here know the following,

How many visa runs can you do back to back? (via a flight in & out)

How long is a good turn around time? (a straight turn and burn or is it best to leave it a day or two)

Where to get an extension from the standard 30 days to 60 days while in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

Background info,

I would be flying into BKK from London and would thus get the standard 30 days.

Yes Thaivisa Forum is the place to go. While it has a horrible signal to noise ration there are some people there who truly know their shit. If UbonJoe answers your question it is pretty much gospel. 

There are no set limitations in and out as far as I know. When you have several back to back they authorities begin to question how you support yourself. At times it has been advised to carry 20K baht in cash when arriving if you have several in and outs. 

How long do you plan on staying? Why don't you get a visa that covers the amount of time you wish stay?

I've had one friend refused entry because of too many visits in a year, he's a serial business traveler so was flying out several times a month and basing himself here, in the end he bought an elite visa. The real pros who know the ins and outs of this are at thaivisa though. 

Also,

is there an immigration office/place at the airport ? 

can I extend the standard 30 days as soon as I enter Thailand or is it best to wait till the 30 days are nearly up?

20 hours ago, Knobby said:

Also,

is there an immigration office/place at the airport ? 

can I extend the standard 30 days as soon as I enter Thailand or is it best to wait till the 30 days are nearly up?

Immigration office in BKK is at Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Chaeng Watthana, building B)
What you need:

You better be there as early as possible (before 7am, even better if before 6.30 tho. The sooner, the smoother), to get the queue number - after you got the number you can walk town to underground floor to have breakfast, also note that there are copy, print and photo shops available (in case if you don't have pictures or copies).
About 8am it's time to come back to office front door as they will start to call those who have a queue number. Office open at 8.30am. After that the process is quite straightforward. 

About one week before your 30 days end should be fine to go.
As an alternative you can obtain a single entry 60 days Tourist Visa prior to travel but in this case you may want to check with your local Thai embassy/consulate as the rules might not be the same for every nationality.
I hope I was helpful enough here :) 

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I will check out the location and the form.

I would of course get a 60 day visa before I left if I could. But I will not have time.

I am working in Germany and come back to London only for a few days before flying out to Thailand.I have to sort out other things and just cant get to the embassy in London.

I really dont want to post my passport etc back to them as I have already had post go missing here in Germany.

I am looking into the possibility of getting a 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy in Frankfurt.

If I cant do that then will use the info in the reply and get an extension when in Bangkok.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, Ropey said:

You will find all the information you need at www.thaivisa.com 

Yes it’s all there, but god, you have to get past an awfull lot of bickering and bullshit to find it.

thai Visa forum is quite amazing 

Q) where can I get ghee in Bangkok?

You then get 3 pages of people arguing about the health benefits of ghee, angry disagreements about everything and anything and people continuing feuds from previous topics, and not a single post about where you can buy ghee 

2 hours ago, MisterNancy said:

Yes it’s all there, but god, you have to get past an awfull lot of bickering and bullshit to find it.

thai Visa forum is quite amazing 

Q) where can I get ghee in Bangkok?

You then get 3 pages of people arguing about the health benefits of ghee, angry disagreements about everything and anything and people continuing feuds from previous topics, and not a single post about where you can buy ghee 

If you know the answer to that, Im quite keen to know.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, technodude67 said:

Immigration office in BKK is at Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Chaeng Watthana, building B)
What you need:

You better be there as early as possible (before 7am, even better if before 6.30 tho. The sooner, the smoother), to get the queue number - after you got the number you can walk town to underground floor to have breakfast, also note that there are copy, print and photo shops available (in case if you don't have pictures or copies).
About 8am it's time to come back to office front door as they will start to call those who have a queue number. Office open at 8.30am. After that the process is quite straightforward. 

About one week before your 30 days end should be fine to go.
As an alternative you can obtain a single entry 60 days Tourist Visa prior to travel but in this case you may want to check with your local Thai embassy/consulate as the rules might not be the same for every nationality.
I hope I was helpful enough here :) 

I did this in late April. Took me 3 hours of waiting because there were two lines and I had the visa exception rather than the tourist visa that you apply for ahead of travel. I went around 1.45. Got it 4.45 so they do extend the 4.30 limit

The photo copies need to be exact size. The staff in my condo zoomed a couple. No go. Had to go and get new ones. Still kept my que number though so that was nice. 

Update,

I was in Phnom Penh for a week and was going to goto the Thai embassy there and get a 60 days visa.

I used a shop where I was staying that offers tours, visas etc. $60 and took a few days but I got a 60 day visa.

So am now back with no problems.