wild_man123

Zen Rooms /Best hotel for Check inn bar

Hi,

Just booked my next trip to the big mango, arriving in March.

Looking to be close to Check In Bar, and i noticed a hotel called the Zen Rooms (link below). I cant find anything on it via the search function, but just wondering if anyone has stayed there

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/zenrooms-sukhumvit-soi-10.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaFCIAQGYAQm4AQfIAQ3YAQHoAQH4AQuIAgGoAgM;sid=dc3462624296f2bbebb99f9ca5f892bd;atlas_src=sr_iw_btn;checkin=2019-03-08;checkout=2019-03-11;dist=0;group_adults=1;group_children=0;nflt=ht_id%3D201%3Bht_id%3D204%3Btdb%3D3%3B;no_rooms=1;room1=A;sb_price_type=total;type=total;ucfs=1&#map_closed

Other options would be

Galleria 12

Majestic Suites (already covered loads on the forum)

Hotel solo

Any other suggestions welcome

Thanks

It seems like being part of Paradiso Boutique Suites, even located inside it.

Here is a thread for Paradiso

If you want to be close to CIB, that location can't be beaten, literally just a few steps away

The building is undergoing a substantial renovation now. Some of the interior has been gutted from bottom floor all the way to the top. The little restaurant located in the corner of the building facing soi 10 is still operating, but am not sure about the rest of the building. I took these pics last night at 2:00 am and no lights were on so it was hard to tell what if anything was occupied. First shot is facing down the little side soi toward CIB in lower left of pic. 

IMG_0775[3624].jpgIMG_0774[3626].jpgIMG_0773[3628].jpg

The 2 shophouses in between Paradiso and Cosy@ten have been completely gutted. I guess a small hotel will fill the space. Paradiso operating as normal. I stayed there and no work is going on this week but that could all change in 1 day.

Anyone know what has happened to Cozy@Ten?  No longer on any of the web booking sites such as Agoda. 

I liked staying there as small and quiet  and cheap with great view of the park opposite from top floors.  I like the peace of Soi 10 too.

21 minutes ago, Pplover said:

Anyone know what has happened to Cozy@Ten?  No longer on any of the web booking sites such as Agoda. 

I liked staying there as small and quiet  and cheap with great view of the park opposite from top floors.  I like the peace of Soi 10 too.

You can read a little about it below...

There are other good hotels on Soi 10 - some guys like Paradiso which is in very close proximity to CIB, and down the street is Galleria 10. I have stayed at G10 a few times in the past.  It's just a 2 or 3 minute walk from CIB, nice pool and bar scene on the roof and CIB LBs all love going there. 

14 minutes ago, oliver17 said:

You can read a little about it below...

There are other good hotels on Soi 10 - some guys like Paradiso which is in very close proximity to CIB, and down the street is Galleria 10. I have stayed at G10 a few times in the past.  It's just a 2 or 3 minute walk from CIB, nice pool and bar scene on the roof and CIB LBs all love going there. 

Thanks Oliver17.  I have stayed in Galleria 10 before as well as another hotel further down.  I  don't like G10.  I am not keen on these fancy "designer" hotels.  I prefer the unpretentious type of Thai hotel.  There are loads in Pattaya such as D Hotel and Blue Sky but are more difficult to find in Bangkok.  I really like the old style hotels with balconies and big rooms.  Again easy to find in Pattaya but not so easy in Bangkok.  Mermaid on Soi 29 is great but pricey.  Stable Inn is good but a family hotel really.  It is depressing the way farang are slowly being muscled out of more and more places but I imagine it will only get worse.  Enjoy what you can while you can I suppose.