Sign in to follow this  
mangatanga

Dynasty Grande or Phachara Suites

Hello Gents, 

It’s been a while but it’s that time again where I must get my mongering on!

In past trips, I’ve stayed at the majestic suites and the majestic grande... but I am feeling it’s time for a change.

I am down to 2 options:

dynasty grande or phachara suites

Out of these two, which would you recommend? My main concern is being able to bring up 1 to 2 guests at a time. Are there any joiner fees beyond a single guest? Thought I saw something about that for Phachara? And does dynasty grande have a 1 hour time limit for guests? 

And which of these hotels is cleaner and provides better WiFi?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mangatanga

Your questions about guest and fees for guest would best be answered by emailing the hotels directly. The few times I’ve done that they have gotten back to me quickly. 

Edited by Grant81

Looks like Phachara suites is no longer in the running for me. I was looking to bring back a couple guests per night during the course of my stay:

————————————————

Greeting from Phachara Suites Bangkok! 
Thank you very much for your consideration to staying with us

From your note below, we are delighted to inform you that we are a guest friendly hotel. We allow 1 joiner to be in your room per night at free of charge. In case you are having the 2nd person on the same day, there will be additional charge of THB 1,000 NET per person per night. However, all of them must be registered at our front desk for security reasonbefore getting into your room. 

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at all time.
Have a nice day .

Best regards,

Reservation Officer
Edited by mangatanga

Aw hell wtf did I just read. What shit is this. I'm booked at pharaca for a week cos it's praised highly on here and can't refund it what about day time,? I average about 3 guests a day. Glad I'm moving after a week 

23 minutes ago, xcom said:

Aw hell wtf did I just read. What shit is this. I'm booked at pharaca for a week cos it's praised highly on here and can't refund it what about day time,? I average about 3 guests a day. Glad I'm moving after a week 

I guess it is either down to their opportunist greed or that they don't want to be seen as a conveyor belt to constant GG'S and LB's going through the lobby.

I presume you have a daily allowance of towels/toiletries/water etc so there is no extra burden on the house keeping?

Ah it's soi 4 ground zero front line for this shit  Not taking risks just booked another hotel the armoni so I've got two hotels now.. guess I'll use the armoni as a st area can't get a refund on the executive room  should have stook with the damn landmark

1 hour ago, xcom said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. I have stayed there 6 or 7 times over the years. That has been their "official" policy all along, but they don't really enforce it. I too like to take more than one guest per day into my room, and did it all the time when I stayed there. Only once did they try to tack on joiner fee at checkout. I politely asked them to remove it and pointed out that I was a repeat customer. They removed the charges quickly with no questions asked. 

During the daytime,  just march with your guest to the elevators like you own the place and nobody will say will a word about IDs or signing in guests. At night time they usually have a guard at a table in the lobby collecting IDs of guests and there won't be any getting around him, but that doesn't matter because as said above their guest policy fee BS isn't really enforced. 

Interesting that you mentioned Landmark as an alternative, because they also have an official 1K baht guest fee policy that they don't bother to collect. This is from my email to them a few years ago in the hotel guest policy thread. Scroll down to post #25 in thread link below to see what they said when asked.....

1 hour ago, xcom said:

Ah it's soi 4 ground zero front line for this shit  Not taking risks just booked another hotel the armoni so I've got two hotels now.. guess I'll use the armoni as a st area can't get a refund on the executive room  should have stook with the damn landmark

Maybe you mean Amari? If so, they also have (or had) a guest fee. See post #1 in same guest policy thread. Unlike Landmark and Phachara I have never stayed at Amari, so I have no idea if they actually collect the fee or not. The point is, many hotels in lower Sukhumvit have these fees on the books but they aren't serious about them. 

Ahh ok buddy thanks for enlightening me i guess some must have to say that. Yep I had no problems at landmark at all I'd rather not loiter about signing anyone in but guess it is what it is 

5 hours ago, xcom said:

This phachara suites got a gym? Free weights? Pull up bar? Bench, deadlifts? 

I've stayed there and can't remember! So I'm thinking it's not that great - standard bkk hotel gym. I took these off various travel sites.

133009a_hb_f_001.jpg

2536223_pjcH9uBh028rnpGfA40phRT3bOYbVmJwPKH2D4mGZow.jpg

3f1cf0e1_z.jpg

18 hours ago, mikel said:

I've stayed there and can't remember! So I'm thinking it's not that great - standard bkk hotel gym. I took these off various travel sites.

133009a_hb_f_001.jpg

2536223_pjcH9uBh028rnpGfA40phRT3bOYbVmJwPKH2D4mGZow.jpg

3f1cf0e1_z.jpg

thanks could have probably got by on a pull up bar and weight belt for a week or two can't see one am not gonna bother with this gym