ballzdeep

Aspen Suites soi 2 (Updated 2015)

Stay here a few weeks ago and would say the best ive stayed in so far!

Got upgraded to the aspens suite room and its like you own apartment. For 1800 a night this is where I stayed

Free breakfast aswell and a tuk tuk that will take you up the road. Also no guest fee

IMG_3327.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

I am thinking of staying here and how is it compared to the hotels like Majestic Grande etc. I do not use any service at the hotels apart from the occasional room service so not bothered about such things.

Are the rooms clean and fairly decent, do they create any hassle for LBs?

thanks

I know of many guys who use this hotel and all highly rate it and stay there again so I can only assume it ticks all their boxes. Its quite far down into Soi 2 which is a dead end soi so little traffic noise and the building construction around it seems to have completed now so it makes for a quiet stay. Its certainly NOT as well located as Majestic Grande which is much further up the soi and barely a 100m walk from Sukhumvit Road itself.

Thanks as the rate in Majestic Grande is going up from 60 odd from year to a close to 100 the last month. So looking for a decent place without all the hassles of the people and all this with comfortable and safe rooms especially if I bring someone for LT.

Thanks Mardi, but dont they have a tuktuk that takes you up the road for free?

They might, but I'd be surprised if it ran 24/7.

And having to leave NEP at 11:45 to catch the last ride back doesn't add much to the party.

I stayed here last week. It was a lot better than I expected and the hotel did send the tuktuk even though they say it operates till 8pm. In fact the walk from NEP to there is a lot shorter than I originally thought.

I paid about 300 dollars for 5 nights and would probably stay there the next time too. I think it would be a good place if anyone wants to bf a lb for a long time like a couple of days. There were no children running down the corridors etc and you can use the side door through the garage till 12midnight if you do not want to go though the lobby.

The pool is fairly small and other non mongering facilities are nil. The tuktuk service is now extended to 24 hours and I stayed there in March too and very happy with the place.

The only down side is that it is a bit far down the soi. The value for money is much better than Majestic Grande up the road.

I've stayed recently. Rooms & bathrooms are good size, clean, + kitchen facility. Not much of a view, but that doesnt usually bother me. Wired internet signal good, free.

A bit far along soi 2 when raining or very hot, but ticks most of the comfort boxes for me if at the right price. Away from the mayhem, so can sleep! Cafe so-so (rarely used after breakfast it seems) No passing traffic, so motocy & taxi meter difficult to get (the ones parked are the usual bloated fixed price mafia).

LB friendly ..... apart from a scowl from the maid LOL

I booked direct,last time I stayed there.But,as you stated, I think the Agoda rate rate is cheaper.Another good thing about Agoda is,that you can pay by PayPal.(secure!!)

The last time I stayed I paid 56 US dollars for a junior suite. It was very good and you can even take girls through the back door and then onto the lift if it is before midnight.

Not if its raining!

I'm often eager enough to take a taxi or tuktuk to Aspen with my dish of the day from NEP. The high heels dont always welcome the walk. It's a bit closer from Guess Bar, via the Rajah carpark

Not if its raining!

I'm often eager enough to take a taxi or tuktuk to Aspen with my dish of the day from NEP. The high heels dont always welcome the walk. It's a bit closer from Guess Bar, via the Rajah carpark

I stayed here about 2 years ago for one night but did not BF anyone. I have booked the Dynasty Grande now... Thanks.

I stayed here about 2 years ago for one night but did not BF anyone. I have booked the Dynasty Grande now... Thanks.

How are the rooms compared to Aspen Suites? I only use Aspen if I get the Junior Suites. The tuk tuk operates 24 hours they told me when i stayed there earlier this year.

Reasonable deal running at the moment, works out to roughly 1410 baht per night once you add the taxes for deluxe inc BF. Deal only on for a couple days though.

http://www.asiawebdirect.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit/aspen-suites-bangkok-nana-sukhumvit-hotel/?pCode=72HRSALE&cid=edm:awd:accom:asia:72hrsale_20140418_booknow:v2

Edited by Blue wizard

I recently stayed at Aspen Suites on Soi 2 using Qantas air points booking through Qantas Hotels. I stayed for one week and found it good for the long stay with the kitchenette and the big refrigerator. I didn't cook anything really except for using the microwave to reheat some things. My friend Steve was staying there for a month and was cooking regularly. I also saw the a BM here when I checked in on the first day. They didn't have a room ready at the early arrival from a flight from Europe. I didn't anticipate that with room sales quite down in BKK. They tried to sell me an upgrade for 700 baht a day but I decided to wait it out.

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

The rooms had plenty of space and closet storage with a safe inside. Bathroom was not cramped. On some days I had to ask to have my room cleaned, but they would clean it late afternoon which accommodated my LT guests. The restaurant was reasonable and had specials for Thai and western dishes. Breakfast wasn't included so I didn't try to get up for that.

IMG_3228.jpg

They have a Tuk tuk to take you down near Sukhumvit on Soi 2. The drivers always asked where I was going like they were going to take me there, but they only take you to the turn around point. So I eventually started answering them the same place your going.

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

The pool was quite narrow and located on the ground floor just outside the restaraunt, which wouldn't give much privacy and would make it difficult to get a LB in for a dip I would imagine.

IMG_3490.jpg

To cut over to Soi 4 you can cut through the rajah parking lot near Guess Bar or you can walk past Aspen Suites to Lohas Suites which has a cut through to Soi 4 which takes you out near Dawin Hotel and the closest 7/11's

IMG_3370.jpg

love this hotel and their laid back attitude. only hotel ive ever stayed in except for paradiso once. the cleaning ladies are amazing i give them 100baht each time they clean and the love me. they give me extra towels soap water sheets toothpaste shampoo etc and theyre very friendly. no hassle when brining girls in no matter tha quantity. i once took wan hunny and som all at once with wan and som waiting for me and hunny at the front desk til we arrived. no extra charges. also for me, they never bother my guests or ask them for id we always just stroll in. their food is excellent especially their paneng gai. Rooms are clean good wifi and pretty cheap for what u get in return. very highly recommended hotel.

the only problem i have with this hotel are the beds ! theyre too big and soft and high off the ground which can make the love making a lil tricky and thats why im considering another hotel for my next trip.

SM any recommendations on hotels with hard beds preferably a bit discreet on sukhumvit?

If you pick up an early bird you can take them through the parking lot, through the restaurant to the lift. That is if you don't want to go through the reception. The odd thing I discovered during my many stays here is that the junior suites has a design problem with the showers. No matter how many times I stayed in different ones, the water flows down on to the floor when I take a shower.

Good hotel and I will stay here most of the time, if I have to pay for my hotel.