ballzdeep

Aspen Suites soi 2 (Updated 2015)

To cut over to Soi 4 you can cut through the rajah parking lot near Guess Bar or you can walk past Aspen Suites to Lohas Suites which has a cut through to Soi 4 which takes you out near Dawin Hotel and the closest 7/11's

Having stayed in Hotel Solo next door for a few nights and Monaco now I check inn for a week next door book one. I never noticed they had an alley behind Lohas or Amari as it was last year.

Nice find mate. I will use that if I stay in any of them again.

Having stayed in Hotel Solo next door for a few nights and Monaco now I check inn for a week next door book one. I never noticed they had an alley behind Lohas or Amari as it was last year.

Nice find mate. I will use that if I stay in any of them again.

I asked about getting to Soi 4 and someone told me about the short cut. It actually empties out on Soi 4 across from Omni Towers not Dawin.

I'm staying at i Check Inn which as you mention was the Monaco. I have to say that I like the rooms better than the Nana location on Soi 7/1

Thanks for your reviews on Aspen dav662. I ended up cancelling my other one for Boss Suites and booked Aspen instead into an Executive Suite.

I stayed here for a week this month. It was my second stay, so I knew what to expect. This time I had the breakfast included. It was pretty decent buffet, but the bacon needed to be cooked more. You can order eggs how you like them. They forgot my order one morning so had to put it in again after waiting 10 minutes.

They had some new young guy at the reception, whose English was lacking which led to some small frustrations.

I'm liking this location more and more. I can take the Tuk tuk straight down to Rajah Hotel complex which limits walking. I've also found that I can take Aspens Suites, i Check Inn's and Lohas Suites Tuk tuks whenever the hotel I'm staying at has already gone out. They are all good about picking up extra's from the other hotels because they may get a tip.

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

I recently spent a week at Aspen Suites this month. It was my third stay here. This time I booked 7 days through Agoda for $380 AUD. I was going to try somewhere different, but I had done that earlier in the trip by giving SM Grande a try. I made the descision for Aspen again based on past experiences and the fact that they were cheaper than i Check In's at Nana and just a bit more at Phloenchit.

Aspen is far better than both and my rate included a breakfast which I think is worth getting up for. I actually made it for 4 out of 7 times during my week long stay. I rarely ate out the rest of the time. I made two runs to Foodland and did some cooking in the room. The rooms have kitchenette's and they will bring you up cookware if you call. The refrigerator is large. They also give you a voucher if you dine in their restaurant. I never did, but they had this special running that looked decent.

IMG_7643.JPG

I was on the 6th Floor this time, and the room was more spacious. It wasn't an upgrade per say, but a better room than I've had before. I asked for an upgrade when I checked in saying I was a return customer. They said they were full so they couldn't. I think the fact that I was staying 7 days may have hurt that chance as well as the Chinese New Year.

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7783.JPG

As I mentioned before the Tuk is very convienant and was always available before 11 P.M. There was some construction going on next hotel, but it wasn't so bad and didn't wake me up. The only drawback was a week internet signal that started on my third day. They didn't get it rectified until day 5, but it was fine after. I would definitely recommend Aspen. On a side note Steve from Darkside/Stringfellows was a couple doors down from me. He stays for a whole month and gets a great deal. I think he pays 46,000 baht

Good hotel.I have stayed there many times too. The only issue I have faced every time I stayed there was the water seems to flow on to the floor from the tub every time I took a shower.

Good hotel.I have stayed there many times too. The only issue I have faced every time I stayed there was the water seems to flow on to the floor from the tub every time I took a shower.

Yes, that happened to me. Just makes it harder on the maids really. You can also unhook the shower head to prevent that, but it's harder to wash your hair that way.

By the way SM who is the girl in the blue?

Gate DS

Gate DS

It's Bua in the blue and Gate in the White towel and if Dave meant the blue dress then yes it's Gate DS 33

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Had a bad couple of days stay at Aspen. The concierge was nice as usual but the guys at front desk and the duty manager were rude. The girls were polite and friendly.

As a regular guest who stays there at lease once a month I hoped they would give me better service.

The bathroom drain was blocked and the room they gave me was bad. The worst I had at Aspen Suites

I recently stayed in Aspen on three different bookings. During my first stay the internet was spotty at best, which was the case in February. I was upgraded as a return customer and they had rooms to spare. The manager and desk people are all polite and helpful except for the younger male who is a bit unattentive in my estimation. I brought multiple guests without an issue. However they don't seem to be calling up to my room when they leave like they used to.

I didn't have the water runoff on the floor from the shower as I experienced in the Deluxe room. The maid staff was excellent as usual cleaning the room whenever I wanted it. I was tipping them daily so was able to extra towels. I managed to make it to a few breakfasts, and would bring up a plate with fruits and yogurt for later.

I took off for CM and then London, so I left a bag behind at no charge. I returned mid month and had 3 days booked through Agoda in an executive suite again. I added 3 days on a Qantas awards booking in a deluxe room, but was able to stay in the same room (Executive Suite). Had no problems and little to no wait times for the tuk tuk. I also used i check in and Lohas Suites tuk tuk when I was returning to Soi 2. They are all real good about picking up each others guests I've found.

I've found that Aspens prices have been better than i check inns, and is a nicer and bigger rooms in my estimation. Lohas had some specials which were around 80 AUD a night, but opted for Aspen at $65 a night. I noticed more Arabs and Chinese this time around, and with that more kids are present.

The beds in the executive suite are huge, but are actually two doubles put together. Spacious, but there is a ridge in the middle which isn't the most comfortable place to sleep if three in the bed. In the executive suite and the bed is pinned in better by night stands, so the bed didn't have near the movement as other rooms I experienced before.

IMG_0029.JPG

Thanks for the update SM. I just booked a grande deluxe room for January. Also, great pic. Who are they?

Thanks for the update SM. I just booked a grande deluxe room for January. Also, great pic. Who are they?

January is a tough month for for getting upgrades, but worth a try, otherwise you'll need to wedge something around the beds wheels so it doesn't move. You might even talk to the manager and arrange maintenance to rig something.

Aum (Thai) and Ning (Lao) from Chaos 9. They are quite keen to work together again.

January is a tough month for for getting upgrades, but worth a try, otherwise you'll need to wedge something around the beds wheels so it doesn't move. You might even talk to the manager and arrange maintenance to rig something.

Aum (Thai) and Ning (Lao) from Chaos 9. They are quite keen to work together again.

I stayed at Aspen a few years ago and I remember how annoying the bed wheels were on the wood floors, but I got a fix for that. I ordered some furniture cups on ebay for 125 baht that should remedy that quite nicely, and at only 125 baht if I forget them it's no big deal.

Aspen has gone downhill rapidly. I used to love this hotel for the price and quiteness but the standard and the people who stay there is making me look at other hotels.

Too many arab families.

Any suggestions on other hotels with that kind of price range and comfort?

Aspen has gone downhill rapidly. I used to love this hotel for the price and quiteness but the standard and the people who stay there is making me look at other hotels.

Too many arab families.

Any suggestions on other hotels with that kind of price range and comfort?

Next door Hotel Solo

Update. I stayed there again this month. Complete change in outlook. It may have been that the owner had come around and revamped the place.

I got very good service. True there are a couple of front desk guys who are not very friendly or accommodating.