lotusguy

Air bnb

Any one used air bnb. had a look and some great deals around. more private and way cheaper than hotels. think i will give it a go as staying for nearly 3 weeks over xmas.

I looked into one on the other side of the river but the owner (a Thai living in Canada) said her mum & dad would be around to check everything ok. I had visions of threesomes being interrupted or an old Thai lady questionibg the stains on the rug 

Lotus I used Airbnb about two years ago and the place itself was a dump the only thing that matched their photos was the view from the bedroom balcony. I did my dough and moved out after only one night. The only way I'd use them again is if I had seen and inspected the property my self before booking.  Mikel's concerns are also very relevant!

I have booked Airbnb condos in the On Nut area (walking distance from BTS On Nut) several times. Only one at Ideo Mobil was too small and the bed was an Ikea pull out that was very uncomfortable. I have rarely seen the owners. We usually communicate by LINE or the chat function on the AirBnb site. It is definitely a better option that an hotel for an extended stay. If you read all the comments about the owner and her place on the Airbnb site, you should be able to choose a good deal.

A new law says that rentals that are less than one month are not permitted. As with all things in Thailand, enforcement is rare. I have never had problems bringing guests in Airbnb places.

I recently booked an Air BnB for a friend in my condominium where I have a 1 year contract. Interesting interaction.

As many says usually handled by the family since many of the owners live elsewhere or abroad. Meet outside somewhere then discreet into the condo. Big signs in room to specify "do not contact staff in condo". And "leave key in basket and door unlocked when u leave"

So some owners are aware of the ban policy. And we have huge signs at the elevator with jail and handcuff-images to scare off. But rules not enforced. TIT. 

Bringing many different ggs/lbs may present a problem since the sheets are not being washed. Perfume smell, hair and cum stains may annoy some of the other guests. You can of course wash the sheets yourself.

Other than that no problems bringing girls as long as they don´t make a fuzz or problem. I´d choose Air Bnb for longer stays cause hotel rooms and staff interactions take its toll.

I booked an apartment on Soi 6, short walk from the exit last January.  It was very nice, a one bedroom apartment, with large bathroom.  The owner lived in the same building, he did offer a free dinner at his apartment, never got around to it. The keys were left with the downstairs security.  When I took, LBs back they never took IDs or questioned.  The place had a washing machine. Good deal!

Danny

I booked 3 places via air bnb on my last trip.

The last two were the same host but different areas. The last place I had a few times I had two LB's back for 3somes and had an RG back for two LT's.

Please had a mini kitchen, washing machine and it was great.

I’m sure there are good ones, but I read a horror story on here some time back about a guy locked out by the owner with all his stuff locked inside the apartment... no thanks.