Not sure it has been proposed as a thread here or on Pattaya forum, at least in a thorough and descriptive way as I intend it.
I’m a sinful devil bastard and I don’t let lust overwhelm my gluttony. I’m a serious foodie and I’m planning my short trip in September (18-24) accordingly. 3 nights in BKK, 3 nights in Pattaya, I’m almost set. 
Back home I read a lot on the subject and I’m always on the lookout for the latest gourmet novelties, be it higher-end places or cheap holes with exceptional love for what they do. 

I’m an Italian after all. We talk about food even when we are eating. 

In BKK I already enquired for a table at Gaggan, voted World’s best Asian restaurant and I put on my list some of the places A. Bourdain (RIP and Respect bro), visited. 

I was wondering if some of you sinners would like to share some tips on gems to be found while in BKK and Pattaya. 

I’m not afraid of experimenting strangest things as long as it’s really tasteful... 
the same goes for what arouses me in bed I suppose...

Thanks for your insights!

Hopefully, you'll get some good replies here. I can think of a few BM's who like fine dining.

I'm no gourmet expert myself, but I'd say there are more high-quality eateries to be found in BKK than Pattaya.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, getshorter said:

All good tips guys. 

I'd like to add a very traditional Som tam restaurant right by phloen chit.

Madam Somtum
888/19 Phloen Chit Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand
+66 2 651 5899

https://goo.gl/maps/A4a4t1D3j3Q2

Sorry I didn't take any pictures but there are some available on the Google page. I have eaten here twice the som tam is excellent, made to your preference of spiciness, the grilled pork neck is heavenly the kind of melt in your mouth levels of tenderness. My personal favourite though was the Tom Yam pork bone, the creme de la creme of Tom Yam if you ask me, and here it is spectacular. It's a thai restaurant so expect a certain level of spiciness, stuffed my face here at lunch twice and not for more than 300 baht.

Ate there once and it was great, but sadly must add it to the list of places described by YB:  

“Nobody goes there anymore—it’s too crowded”F61D9890-E7DE-43C0-A3EE-7BE3BBC37645.jpeg

same here  delish. i had a great meal at the muse hotel, babettes steak restaurant up stairs later to the roof top bar. if you book online for 6pm they give you 50% off the food.less later on. we had a private room for 5 people . could not speak highly enough . worth a look 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:44 AM, Youngone said:

When it comes to restaurants Bangkok wins it from Pattaya by a country mile in my opinion. Pattaya for me is a bit of a culinary desert whilst the possibilities in Bangkok are endless, from simple inexpensive food to Michelin starred restaurants.

This is precisely why I skip Pattaya altogether. I've had many world-class meals in BKK, and never a one in Pattaya. Even in the mid-range, Bangkok has it all over Patts. I'm wheels down in Bangkok in 2 weeks and I have a list of restaurants to hit.