debacle17

Bus connection between Bangkok (Sukhumvit) and Pattaya

Hello,

I want to travel from Bangkok center (staying close to Asoke) to Pattaya and was wondering if there is any bus that does this route. I don't wanna use taxi service.

I know there sth like Bell buses, but they operate from the airport to Pattaya (correct me if I am wrong), so I don't like going back to the airport and wasting time.

Any info is welcome.

Buses run from Ekkamai bus station to Pattaya and it’s just next to Ekkamai BTS. Three stops from Asoke BTS.

when you arrive at Pattaya bus station their are baht buses or motorcycle taxis that can take you to your hotel.

Bell bus will pick you up in a mini bus and transfer you to a bus and when you arrive in Pattaya, they will transfer you to a mini van, which will take you to your hotel. Think it was about 300 baht when I used it in 2011

I used Bell in Oct 16. Easy and cheap. As OTS said they pick up at hotel (on time!) and then transfer to a bus. Didn't wait long at the station. Room full of single men obviously on cultural and temple sightseeing holidays.....

I think it was about 400b

7 hours ago, OneTrueSaxon said:

Buses run from Ekkamai bus station to Pattaya and it’s just next to Ekkamai BTS. Three stops from Asoke BTS.

when you arrive at Pattaya bus station their are baht buses or motorcycle taxis that can take you to your hotel.

I think you can find mini-vans running out of Ekkamai as well. I much prefer buses to mini-vans.

BTW... is the ladyboy taxi driver in Patts still operating? I forget her name.

Thanks for the info.

If I got it right, there are Bell minibuses that pick you up from the hotel, then you get in another bus (at the airport?) and then transfer to another minibus. Isn't that time consuming?

The direct Ekkamai - Pattaya route seems less fussy, but they don't take you to the hotel, right? What would you prefer?

1 hour ago, debacle17 said:

Thanks for the info.

If I got it right, there are Bell minibuses that pick you up from the hotel, then you get in another bus (at the airport?) and then transfer to another minibus. Isn't that time consuming?

The direct Ekkamai - Pattaya route seems less fussy, but they don't take you to the hotel, right? What would you prefer?

it’s not that time consuming as everything is laid on for you when you do the bell bus service. But yes it did go to the airport to pick up some more passengers.

I much prefer Ekkamia to Pattaya for its speed but at the end of the day door to door taxi for 1200 baht is much better 

A bit of this depends on how much you are carrying. If I have a couple of larger bags I just go taxi. Small carry-on buses are fine but you'll still have to find your way from the bus station to the hotel. If you are carrying very little baggage, have a bit of time on your hands and feel a bit adventurous  you can use the baht buses when you arrive. 

2 weeks ago I took a bus from South Pattaya (not Bell) to Suvarnabhumi for 120THB. 

http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/

Ok guys, thanks for the replies.

I will have a big bag with me, but I prefer bus over taxi and could use the saved baht for an extra ST, lol. It will be early in the day and it isn't worth to pay 800-1,000 Baht more to save 30-60 mins.

If my hotel (haven't booked yet) in Pattaya is close to normal bus station, I will get this (from Ekkamai), otherwise I will use the Bell bus.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, debacle17 said:

Ok guys, thanks for the replies.

I will have a big bag with me, but I prefer bus over taxi and could use the saved baht for an extra ST, lol. It will be early in the day and it isn't worth to pay 800-1,000 Baht more to save 30-60 mins.

If my hotel (haven't booked yet) in Pattaya is close to normal bus station, I will get this (from Ekkamai), otherwise I will use the Bell bus.

The bus station in Pattaya while in the city is not on the 'strip'. I can't think of anything worse than walking it even without a suitcase.  Just use the baht bus for probably 20-50b to get to your hotel. The bus from Ekamai is fine and safe. Allow 2-3 hours though. Ive never done it any quicker (aside from a car direct). 

Problem with the songtaews at the bus station is they are now a bit picky about where they will drop off so it's not exactly door to door.

Last time I used it they wouldn't turn into Soi Lengkee and dropped me on Third Road instead.