sornierob

My posts will not include certain punctuation marks

When I post on the forum from my iPhone 7, the apostrophes that I type never show up on my post. Since apostrophes are monstrously (and mostly erroneously) overused, I have joked that maybe admin banned them, but since I see so many of them in other posts, it doesnt appear to be a ban or tech problem with the web site. Any ideas or anyone else having this issue?

Quotation marks also do not post.

Edited by sornierob

Checking to see if the problem doesn’t involve postings from my iPad. “””””

Can you find someone to channel Steve Jobs? Maybe this is a design flaw.

Just kidding.

But seriously... the next question is: Is this problem specific to this website or does this happen on all websites. Pattaya forum excluded as it is the same IPS software. Keyboards are very simple and standardized across the board. If this happens on other website text input boxes it is probably a configuration or other problem on your iPhone. Maybe a spot on the screen lost its sensitivity to heat of your finger.

Remember those Apple Genius Bars? Is there one near you?

Edited by flipflops

Can you find someone to channel Steve Jobs? Maybe this is a design flaw.

Just kidding.

But seriously... the next question is: Is this problem specific to this website or does this happen on all websites. Pattaya forum excluded as it is the same IPS software. Keyboards are very simple and standardized across the board. If this happens on other website text input boxes it is probably a configuration or other problem on your iPhone. Maybe a spot on the screen lost its sensitivity to heat of your finger.

Remember those Apple Genius Bars? Is there one near you?

Thanks for the reply. Nothing wrong with my touchscreen. When I type the post on this forum, both apostrophes and quotation marks show in the text. But when The the post appears on the forum, they have disappeared. Wont Didnt Hasnt. . I afded several quotation marks and I am looking at them as well as the apostrophes. Edited by sornierob

And they disappeared!! Email, text messages, and other forum postings are not affected. I did do extensive troubleshooting before I did the OP.