sornierob

Citrus Suites Sukumvit Soi 6

Looking forward to BM reviews of this new property. I booked 10 days (cancellable) next fall. Deluxe room with brekkie for 2. Not cheap at TB 3700/night, so want to know it is worth that much. Thanks!

Check out lohas on soi 2 might be better.

Various reviews of Lohas make me shy away. Really hoping for this Citrus property review including actual guest policies.

Stayed at Citrus Suites 6 for 3 nights until yesterday, highly recommended, great room ( Executive Suite, 52 sqm, brekkie included though nothing special, paid 275€ for 3 nights), great location for NEP and CIRB, even took a walk to Why Not Bar though the ladies might not like the long walk back!

Thinking of booking a stay here. I like it’s location and seems to be a good hotel given comments made. I was wondering how discreet it is. I prefer a hotel that it’s lobby is not full of tourists and families as you walk through. Is this the case?

On 3/13/2018 at 10:41 AM, khaolak said:

Stayed at Citrus Suites 6 for 3 nights until yesterday, highly recommended, great room ( Executive Suite, 52 sqm, brekkie included though nothing special, paid 275€ for 3 nights), great location for NEP and CIRB, even took a walk to Why Not Bar though the ladies might not like the long walk back!

Taxi for 100 THB at any time of the night, straight down Sukhimvit  ... the girls will hail and negotiate for you

Thinking of booking a stay here. I like it’s location and seems to be a good hotel given comments made. I was wondering how discreet it is. I prefer a hotel that it’s lobby is not full of tourists and families as you walk through. Is this the case?

Mate if your after something discreet then I would say Soi 6 is not for you.

Soi 6 is a very busy Soi it has a number of hotels and apartments on it and thoroughfare for foot traffic from Soi 4 to Soi 8.

Say no to grief

Yes I have been quite surprised at how many families there are in this area, why is that?

Anyway if you want discrete, i recommend the big 5 star hotels, where it is huge lobbies and people dont really notice who is coming and going. I stayed at Landmark and Sofitel and it was perfect.

Im at the Citrus now, and yes its very small narrow lobby, but yeah if you can get over that, then its a decent place. But i think if it hadnt been for needed 2 bathrooms, I would have stayed at the Mercure Soi 11 instead, was there 2 months ago and its brand new very nice, but yeah also narrow lobby, and waiting around for elevator in full sight :)

Thanks for the comments and advice about other hotels. I personally enjoy Soi 6 as a location. I have stayed at Dynasty Grande a few times. I enjoy being close to Nana and CIB and the bars and restaurants at Soi 8 and 11 but also a sense of being a little bit detached from it. Just my personal view. Dynasty Grandes lobby always seems to have mainly single guys checking in or out and I have had no issues when bringing anyone back to the room. Just thought with Dynasty being renovated I might try another hotel nearby. Citrus looked good. Will look at other suggestions made in previous posts.

Thanks for the comments and advice about other hotels. I personally enjoy Soi 6 as a location. I have stayed at Dynasty Grande a few times. I enjoy being close to Nana and CIB and the bars and restaurants at Soi 8 and 11 but also a sense of being a little bit detached from it. Just my personal view. Dynasty Grandes lobby always seems to have mainly single guys checking in or out and I have had no issues when bringing anyone back to the room. Just thought with Dynasty being renovated I might try another hotel nearby. Citrus looked good. Will look at other suggestions made in previous posts.

Dynasty Grande is a great hotel

If you’re happy there why change ?

From my understanding the wing with the bay windows is being renovated and not the wing with the balconies. If that is the case just stay in the wing that isn’t being renovated.

Problem solved

Say no to grief

I’ve stayed at the Dynasty and the Pachara in soi 6 last year on two different trips and find it a great location.  I ended up with an upgrade at Pachara in November and from the pool balcony saw Citrus under construction. Looking forward to staying there soon.

pictures of upgrade in Pachara suites4325137A-4734-411C-BFD9-E42AB55CD838.jpeg

963767C8-579E-468A-A536-8EA4DB9D5FB8.jpeg

2CFB529D-4FDD-4157-83BC-61A507FC4A84.jpeg

1E87BE4C-C97E-4BD3-B16A-93382389C1FB.jpeg

4520F49E-3D7C-48BA-8849-ABD6DC73BDBD.jpeg

B717A458-B092-438C-9840-A2F8E4AB66F5.jpeg

On 1/4/2018 at 4:18 PM, sornierob said:

Looking forward to BM reviews of this new property. I booked 10 days (cancellable) next fall. Deluxe room with brekkie for 2. Not cheap at TB 3700/night, so want to know it is worth that much. Thanks!

The main advantage of this hotel is its location close to NEP. Breakfast is good, even very good IMHO. I booked on the hotel's own website (special offers tab) and paid around 2100 Baht on average for a week (w-ends are more expensive) during low season.

I brought back a girl to my room at 2:00 am. No problem at all as the front desk person was walking around the restaurant area and didn't notice us until we were already in the elevator :P. So no ID check in this instance. Brought her in the morning to the restaurant, but had to pay I think 200 Baht extra for breakfast despite having booked for 2 guests including free brekkie. Other guests looked a bit bewildered at us and she obviously didn't feel too comfortable and wanted to leave soon afterwards.

Never mind.

In the rooms facing Soi 6, the morning traffic can be clearly heard, particularly in the lower floor rooms. The pool area is depressing. Difficult to get a metered taxi on Soi 6. Shower temperature issues and water was coming out of the shower stall and onto the bathroom floor. 

Overall an okay option but certainly far from perfect. Looking for a better option with a nicer pool area within 15 minutes on foot from NEP for under 2500 Baht during high season. Any advice?

Thanks! Thanks :-)

Edited by Thanks

2 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Just finishing a 7-night stay at the Citrus Suites Soi 6. Overall, my impressions are very positive.

I was upgraded to an executive suite, which is quite spacious. Lots of pictures to follow.

My room was on the backside of the hotel, so virtually no noise from Soi 6. The walks from the hotel to NEP, Chaos 9 and CIB are all short and easily done. Never saw the need for a taxi, and the girls I brought back were fine with the short walk. And speaking of girls, there were no issues bringing the girls up to the room. We'd drop her ID off at the desk and hop on the elevator located directly across from the desk.

The executive suite has two rooms--living room and bedroom--separated by a bathroom. Both the living and bed areas have their own AC units which are controlled with an LED touchpad. There's a door that can be closed between the living and bedroom areas.

The living area has a decent LED TV, a medium-sized refrigerator, and lots of seating and lighting options. I made good use of the chairs in front of the one large mirror with a couple of the girls.

The bathroom has both a shower and a tub. I had no issues with water flow or temperature with the shower. The amenities provided (shampoo/conditioner, bath gel, etc.) are basic, but I bring my own, so not a demerit as far as I'm concerned.

The generously large bed was very comfortable, and I'm picky about beds. There was a second smaller LED TV in the bedroom. Again, lots of lighting options for setting the mood. Additionally, there is a desk and chair, and lots of plugs and a dedicated USB port for all the devices we bring. I often run short of plugs for my e-goodies, but not here.

The view from my room (8th floor) was uninspiring, but not something I care about. I use the room for sleeping and fucking, and I'm out and about the rest of the time.

The pool area on the 10th floor is small, but had the advantage of being barely used by others. There were umbrellas and lounge chairs and towels. One night my guest and I went up and jumped into the jacuzzi, having the place to ourselves.

The hotel staff seemed attentive. I didn't place many demands on them, but all my requests were immediately respond to. I tipped the housekeeping staff daily and asked for extra towel...no problem. They left me 6 towels every day.

I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast buffet. After having stayed at the Majestic Grande for the past 10 years, this buffet seemed fairly basic. They do have a chef making eggs to order, but the rest of the buffet is run of the mill. By my last two mornings I was heading out to have breakfast elsewhere (expensive, but the JW Marriott has a great buffet).

I would happily return to this hotel. For my purposes, the location can't be beat. It's a short walk to my favorite LB shopping locations, and a quick walk to the Nana BTS station. There are some fabulous restaurants in the basement and on the 6th floor of Central Embassy, which is just a 10-15 minute walk away (if you like serious Neapolitan-style pizza, Peppina is the real deal, with 4 locations in BKK).

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

looks good mate, couldnt tell, does the toilet have a gun 

You guys are making me want to switch out of the Dynasty Grande, I booked myself for 7 days starting next Friday.

My only concern with Citrus is the extra joiner fees (per my correspondence with the Citrus staff) I don’t feel like paying more for my third guest.... possibly more guests. Which will likely be a nightly occurrence...

What was your experience with that?

2 hours ago, mangatanga said:

You guys are making me want to switch out of the Dynasty Grande, I booked myself for 7 days starting next Friday.

My only concern with Citrus is the extra joiner fees (per my correspondence with the Citrus staff) I don’t feel like paying more for my third guest.... possibly more guests. Which will likely be a nightly occurrence...

What was your experience with that?

No idea about Citrus but I always tbought Dynasty Grande charged extra for 3rd or more guest(s) but maybe others can confirm.

No idea about Citrus but I always tbought Dynasty Grande charged extra for 3rd or more guest(s) but maybe others can confirm.

You are right Mardhi,

I just confirmed your comment with Dynasty Grande. It’s a 500 baht charge for the 3rd guest and every guest after that even if it’s for a short visit.

And on that note, I just cancelled my reservation at DG... now communicating directly with the Citrus reservation dept about guests. Will update this thread once I find out what they say.