snapper

Omni Hotel criticised on LGBT issues

Its a tie for which part of that form is my favorite section: The part where you are informed that you have a ladyboy with you, or the part where you have to state how much you are paying her.

I think this hotel's clientele are Arabs (which explains the need for a "Do you know that's a ladyboy?" question) and Indians (which would explain why the hotel wants its customers to understand that offering a girl 300 baht after the deed is a dumb move).

I am not trying to be facetious here. I bet that's exactly why the hotel uses that form - it's because of their customer demographics.

wonder if they hand the form out if they bring someone in with a burqa on ?? Edited by Boomerang

I wonder what would be said if someone brought in their ladyboy gf/wife.

This is one good reason to have this forum. I wouldn't expose any ladyboy to this treatment.

Edit: In the amount box you could always say she is part of a "0 dollar tour"

Edited by flipflops

I am looking at this as a challenge.

A challenge to find the most passable LB in BKK and get her past reception without getting the "letter treatment" :D

Game on! :P

If no ID check!

It sounds weird but a sort of redimmendarion for certain types of customers not having a clue who they are bringing back home and the rate they stipulated (if they did). This lifts the hotel from many aggraviations.

I am pretty sure the form isn't presented to all customers - just as often the ID request by security is lifted- but to those customers the security or reception feel it is the case....

No shit! I was just looking for hotels for a possible trip in April, and the Omni came up. I have been to the LOS 4 times and never once experienced anything like this. Last time I went, I was so comfortable with who I was with that I didn't let them surrender their ID.

I think this hotel's clientele are Arabs (which explains the need for a "Do you know that's a ladyboy?" question) and Indians (which would explain why the hotel wants its customers to understand that offering a girl 300 baht after the deed is a dumb move).

I am not trying to be facetious here. I bet that's exactly why the hotel uses that form - it's because of their customer demographics.

This sounds plausible and most likely the reason. I´ve lost count of how many times (lower/middle class) indian haggle over price. The most recent one in an 7/11 (!) where two indians tried to haggle down the fixed price of two ice creams...the poor girl at the counter did not know how to deal with it and the line of customers was long.

I´m not a racist and work with many nationalities, but there is a reason that a lot of p4p girls don´t accept indians as customers. Arabs is more of the loose of face and social stigma (muslim upbringing) in case they don´t know it´s a ladyboy and finds out in the room.

According to an indian friend of mine it is the indian group tours that are the worst, since most have never been outside of India. Like the LeFenix hotel in soi 11 that books those groups. Terrible attitude, and it hurts to see how they treat the Thai staff.

This sounds plausible and most likely the reason. I´ve lost count of how many times (lower/middle class) indian haggle over price. The most recent one in an 7/11 (!) where two indians tried to haggle down the fixed price of two ice creams...the poor girl at the counter did not know how to deal with it and the line of customers was long.

I´m not a racist and work with many nationalities, but there is a reason that a lot of p4p girls don´t accept indians as customers. Arabs is more of the loose of face and social stigma (muslim upbringing) in case they don´t know it´s a ladyboy and finds out in the room.

According to an indian friend of mine it is the indian group tours that are the worst, since most have never been outside of India. Like the LeFenix hotel in soi 11 that books those groups. Terrible attitude, and it hurts to see how they treat the Thai staff.

and this way Omni hotel makes clear the those guys what they are doing... the price quote is the real warning in the sense they don't want to be involved in price issues. It happens as some customers think reception can negotiate for them once the issue arises as they are the customers... not something the hotel wants to deal with.

So, "dear customer, here you sign that you know there is a dick under the skirt of the stunning beauty you brought to the hotel and you are aware of the price you negotiated with the same girl. Don't complain later about the surprise, and don't start opening price discussions, once you are not happy with your choice, as we have nothing to deal with

A simple waiver.

No gender discrimination as some are trying to brag about,

Bottom line , this property has clearly seen better days. Stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past , but not in at least 5 years.

Last time got upgraded to a huge 1 bedroom suite almost at the top where there are only a few rooms on each floor due to the taper of the building. Had washer/dryer , kitchen, 2 balconies , but a/c was noisy , difficult to calibrate and had cockroaches in the kitchen.

Great review. . Stayed at the Kent a couple of weeks before you. .There was a couple of issues, but nothing serious and we would return, as its in a great position, good refurb and clean. .

Thanks Steve

Great review. . Stayed at the Kent a couple of weeks before you. .There was a couple of issues, but nothing serious and we would return, as its in a great position, good refurb and clean. .

Thanks Steve

Kent ..? i thought the thread was about the Omni ?