adslv

Good sushi place in sukhumvit area

Hi,

Can you guys reccomend me a good quality sushi restaurant in the sukhumvit area?

Both high end and affordable places are welcome, I do plan to indulge in a good quality sushi meal at least once during my trip in august.

Don't know about sukhumuvit but the malls have some great offerings.

Japanese not totally my thing but you will find places in terminal 21.

Siam food court bottom of siam centre.

There is also a very impressive looking buffet in centralworld around the

cinema area.

Double check before you go but there should be plenty of offerings.

In Terminal 21, there is Sushi Express on the floor 4 or 5. Quality is decent and they have the conveyor belts, which is a kick. It attracts some

Japanese folks, so they are doing something right. There is another place called Fuji in the food court. They serve sushi, but it's more

like a Japanese fast food place. Fuji is a ladyboy favorite, for what that's worth. Two different girls had me take them there for lunch.

Down in the basement at Terminal 21 is another Japanese place - cannot recall the name of it - they serve sushi, but the prices put me off a

bit and I didn't dine there. It was also attracting Japanese customers, so they may be worth a try if you can locate them.

I have also seen several Japanese places on Soi 33, but haven't dined in any of them. I am not sure they welcome farangs / gaijin.

I have eaten here a couple of times. It was 50% Jap clients and that is a good sign. Only drawback was that there were some smokers lighting up. Bit like Obsessions!

Food was good and authentic. Price was OK.

The soy sauce was really tasty and made in house. They gave me 500cc in an empty water bottle.

It is just up from terminal 21.Image1.jpg

Izakaya hanako, 10110, 19/2 Sukhumvit 31, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Shinsen Fish market www.shinsenfishmarket.com has an incredible choice of sushi. Expensive but they have all sorts of discounts, even one if you add them to your LINE account. Not on Sukhumvit though but on Soi Sukhumvit 39, in between Sukhumvit and Petchaburi roads.

The ladyboys seem to love Fuji even though in my opinion it isn't the best quality out there.

However the taste is still quite decent and doesn't require that much money wise.

As mentioned in the trip report I visited Sushi Masa yesterday. I can highly recommend the place. It has a slightly more laid back atmosphere than a traditional Japanese sushi bar. They have great quality fish and cut it in generous portions (the piece of Unagi they put on the nigiri is HUGE). I would reccomend the Masa Grand sushi set, complemented by the aforementioned Unagi. A great set with lots of variety.

The stand-out feature of this place has to be the rice. At most European sushi restaurants I've been to, they put all the focus on the fish (and don't get me wrong, the fish at Masa is terrific), but the rice in the nigiri at Masa is just fabulous. Served nice and luke-warm, soft and fluffy and full of flavour.

The prices of this place were also quite good for me, in total I spent just over 2000B for a great sushi meal (quite a bit less than what I'm used to paying in Europe for good quality sushi...)

As mentioned in the trip report I visited Sushi Masa yesterday. I can highly recommend the place. It has a slightly more laid back atmosphere than a traditional Japanese sushi bar. They have great quality fish and cut it in generous portions (the piece of Unagi they put on the nigiri is HUGE). I would reccomend the Masa Grand sushi set, complemented by the aforementioned Unagi. A great set with lots of variety.

The stand-out feature of this place has to be the rice. At most European sushi restaurants I've been to, they put all the focus on the fish (and don't get me wrong, the fish at Masa is terrific), but the rice in the nigiri at Masa is just fabulous. Served nice and luke-warm, soft and fluffy and full of flavour.

The prices of this place were also quite good for me, in total I spent just over 2000B for a great sushi meal (quite a bit less than what I'm used to paying in Europe for good quality sushi...)

I tried Sushi Masa out today for the 1st time and must say I agree with you about the quality of the food. It's a simple restaurant in an unassuming local neighbourhood not far from Siam Square but in my opinion the sushi is on par with the much more fancy Japanese restaurants in places like Siam Paragon etc. I also spend just over 2000b, which for me is quite acceptable for high quality sushi.

The Unagi was also my favourite :)

S 1.jpg

Spicy tuna was good but next time I'll try something else on the menu

S 2.jpg

The toro was sublime

S 3.jpg

Water was cheap 555 ;)

S 4.jpg