Sign in to follow this  
jl2009

BKK Craft Beer

I searched this forum and couldn't find a reference for craft beer. I googled and discovered there are quite a few craft brew placez in BKK, but am looking for personal input from BMs. I know many of you enjoy a tasty brew, but for those of you frequenting these extablishments, have you come across any BARREL-AGED brews?

Whisgars is the place i was thinking of too.

Walk up to end soi cowboy (passing cockatoo near end on right)

Turn left and walk maybe 5 mins to Whisgars on right.

Open beer garden with craft beers, good vibe.

Burger truck in front and great blues band on Friday night.

Whisgars is the place i was thinking of too.

Walk up to end soi cowboy (passing cockatoo near end on right)

Turn left and walk maybe 5 mins to Whisgars on right.

Open beer garden with craft beers, good vibe.

Burger truck in front and great blues band on Friday night.

. Soi 23 .

Thanks for the info :)

http://whisgars.com

Edited by Boomerang

My 2 cents: you can get very decent German beer (Erdinger heifeweitzen) at the last place down on the right (a restaurant) on Soi Cowboy. Expensive though at 220B a glass (or something in that neighborhood). Not craft to be sure. My Thai pharmacist brews his own beer (spent some time in Germany) but it isn't that good.

My 2 cents: you can get very decent German beer (Erdinger heifeweitzen) at the last place down on the right (a restaurant) on Soi Cowboy. Expensive though at 220B a glass (or something in that neighborhood). Not craft to be sure. My Thai pharmacist brews his own beer (spent some time in Germany) but it isn't that good.

whats your pharmacist's address ? :P:)

Edited by Boomerang

I searched this forum and couldn't find a reference for craft beer. I googled and discovered there are quite a few craft brew placez in BKK, but am looking for personal input from BMs. I know many of you enjoy a tasty brew, but for those of you frequenting these extablishments, have you come across any BARREL-AGED brews?

I am not sure about barrel-aged brews but there is quite a large selection of craft beers at the Taproom in soi 26.

https://www.facebook.com/taproombkk

Other options are the Beer Bridge in soi Lang Suan or Hair of the Dog on Ploenchit road & Soi 33/1.

BKKsaya on the subject of burgers, where would you recommend for sit down burger?

I guess you mean in a restaurant with ac etc. 'Fire House' Suk 11, used to be better but still decent.. I don't have personal experience but I am told that 'The American Steak House' On Suk 16 is good. I don't think any of these places have craft beer.

The Argentine Steak house at ground level outside of Terminal 21 burgers looks good but I always order a steak.

'Iron Ferries,' ThongLor you might think would carry trency craft beer but not last time I was there but they have good burgers.

I agree Erdinger is good stuff.

For a huge selection of German beers try 'G's' on Silom soi 4.

Brewski on top of Radisson Blu next to Soi 27 had some good beers and nice views last time I was there. Beer not cheap at apx 250thb for 250ml. Next time I would go for beer only as food wasn't great

https://www.facebook.com/hickorybkk/

Haven't tried yet but recently opened and fresh ribs, pulled pork done charcoal oven everyday.

Open late afternoon on, not a bad idea means fresh and not sitting about.

Nearly 5 stars on tripadvisor to.

Will give it a shout next time i'm in Bangkok. Think just up from Adelphi Suites Soi 8.

Moved to Ari. Will be there next month.

The German place at the end of Soi Cowboy (the one with the cool mist clouds surrounding it) has good German beer, at a premium of course (like Erdinger Hefeweizen). There's also "Otto's Restaurant" (or whatever it is), Soi 20 or so. No doubt decent and pricey beer there also.

What really has to be done is show the Thais how to make a good beer. (but their taste has been irrevocably damaged by not having been colonized). Every country I can think of that Thailand has a border with has better beer than Thailand.

Maybe I'll start a political party on this issue.