lblova

Nana Hotel..my first time

I have read many reviews about Nana hotel. Even though i have been to BKK many times, but never stayed here because i felt intimated by all the hardcore action around it. I always stay at majestic suites which i highly recommend.

Since majestic suites had no beds available, i had to go for nana as it suited my budget and the location is just perfect, although i dont visit bars, i do seem to enjoy the vicinity of all the action.

When i first checked in, i felt staff at nana were rude and unfriendly and rooms were old with outdated interior, furnishings and facilities. But as i stayed a day and two, i realized not making mindless conversation doesn't make them rude. people here just mind their own business and you do yours. No fake customer service drama. Just stay, fuck and get out. Its a need based facility really. Although i miss the coffee maker and coffee supplies in my room. One reason i love majestic suites.

Staff seems to be as old as the furniture and establishment itself.

I havent tried the swimming pool yet, perhaps tomorrow i might.

I must admit complementary breakfast is better here. More variety and generous since its a buffet.

I might consider repeating Nana if i get my coffee fix.

Scottie, yes i have seen. Couple of Vietnam war veterans including the guy in a wheelchair with the cowboy hat.i agree nothing beats nana hotel location wise. And i was just wondering about the old guys (i mean very old) with their nannies. I suppose its more of a companionship they seek.

Thanks for the tip about barbershop, i will be giving them a visit after the pool for "special hairdown shaving".

Third day in im liking the old school Nana. True that..Long live Nana!

Stayed there years ago " the only place i used the credit card" and later found $11,000 worth of gold in Bangkok and car parts in Malasia was charged to my account. lucky for me the fraud investigator at my bank was cool and i was not made responsible.

And i was just wondering about the old guys (i mean very old) with their nannies.

At a certain age, a sexy nurse will do.

Can anyone recommend a nice ST hotel or room right near Nana Plaza? Something for 400B or less.

ED: I usually hit the PB hotel on Suk 3, but it's getting rundown and is around 450B. Looking for something better or at least cheaper and the same quality.

Edited by DeepnHard

Can anyone recommend a nice ST hotel or room right near Nana Plaza? Something for 400B or less.

ED: I usually hit the PB hotel on Suk 3, but it's getting rundown and is around 450B. Looking for something better or at least cheaper and the same quality.

Re PB there are actually two parts under separate management. The outside ground level ST rooms with car parking in front are one while the rooms on the second floor inside the main building are another. The outside I believe are 330 b. and tend to not be kept up. The rooms in the main bldg. are nicer at 440b(1lb)/590b(2lbs)/3hrs., the reason probably being that they are often let out long term to regular visitors. Downside is that they can get busy and run of out ST spots. Calling ahead is advisable.

Another decent place in the vicinity is the hotel (forget the name) that's the first one to the left entering Soi 7/1 (just past Subway). The rooms are clean but smaller than PB.

ED: Just noticed your ED which implies you are already using the rooms inside. I'll let the post stand in case others find it useful.

Try DI place room are newer but not that big.

I use DI Place as well. Either 350 or 450 baht for 2 hours. Room isnt big, but clean and with towels. Good enough for short time.

My first and only time there was in '99. I just took it because it was a cheap hotel. Took me a while to understand why there was a full length mirror along the bed.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:06 PM, scottie1954 said:

I used Nana hotel as a day base for those Lk gentlemen transits from late morning to catch a midnight flight.

I am usually staying a majestc grande that is another league of course

Nana fits a prurpose for those budget minded, but still on the mid high, seen that the real budget minded target less than 1000bht.

Friends reported the swimming pool is good and has quite some sun exposure, can't say that of majestic grande, I am afraid.

Rooms at NH are old and tired same as some bathrooms. There is a set of rooms with refurbished bathrooms, but not many.

A lottery to get them.

Staff, as you say, seem to be there since the openings, and so are some porters.

Despite being such used venue for mongering base, the reception and cashier behaves like a 5+* hotel in terms of handling everything..

there is a relatively old lady as a cashier that surely has seen the whole history of the hotel.

And the guests.... the guests are a reason to call in that place.

You will see some Vietnam war survivors for sure and there is none of the corean war for the simple reason age has taken their toll.

A few of them I see anytime I am around (I use the inhouse MP for special "hairdown" shaving and haircut, still old way of barber shop): they must live there no other reason or coincidence.

One guy, with a cowboy hat, on a wheelchair is always on the smoking terrace surrounded by a few aged WG.

Others do chat about their times (and I do mean decades ago if you listen to them) in the confortable soft armchairs and sofa of the lobby.

You can watch the traffic go by.

ST Visitors and LTR of old men and their similarly old teerak, more of a nanny in some cases.

A few metres away is the heart of the BKK nightlife as known.

Get out of the lobby and a bunch of taxi drivers offer you to take you to Pattaya, no matter what time of the day or night.

The car park entrsnce is still seeing the patrol of young ladies doing their trade, mixed with other kind of girls probably having more business than the genuine ones. Sign of today trend.

Since a few months a corner of the csr park, against the wall separating to the gas station next, there is a van hosting a sort of Mexican bar serving food too.

You have it all.

Long life to Nana Hotel. The last of the Mohicans by all means.

Scottie, I know you done this review two years ago but it is spot on and really sums up the hotel perfectly.

The different mix of people at the breakfast buffet is brilliant to watch...and god help you if you nick a bangkok post from one of the veterans before he's finished!

Walking through the packed lobby with a ladyboy is an everyday occurrence and nobody bats an eyelid.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:25 AM, taaseesanuk said:

Scottie, I know you done this review two years ago but it is spot on and really sums up the hotel perfectly.

The different mix of people at the breakfast buffet is brilliant to watch...and god help you if you nick a bangkok post from one of the veterans before he's finished!

Walking through the packed lobby with a ladyboy is an everyday occurrence and nobody bats an eyelid.

Nothing much has changed, other than the layout of the lobby as taken a bit by Hooters.

quite some rooms have been refurbished, though.

F3D282EE-87FB-42E0-AD93-09BD1C74EA8F.jpeg

0A2043BC-0F99-4997-8710-D781066E5A89.jpeg

F3CF0045-5153-4DE4-ACB6-D39BBF113D4F.jpeg

Edited by scottie1954

5 hours ago, scottie1954 said:

Nothing much has changed, other than the layout of the lobby as taken a bit by Hooters.

quite some rooms have been refurbished, though.

F3D282EE-87FB-42E0-AD93-09BD1C74EA8F.jpeg

0A2043BC-0F99-4997-8710-D781066E5A89.jpeg

F3CF0045-5153-4DE4-ACB6-D39BBF113D4F.jpeg

I stayed there myself in January and was well looked after. The room was a refurbished one and great value.

Many of the BM's here don't seem to rate it but for me it ticks all boxes.