jmuguy222

has anyone caught an std?

BBBJ is considered the lowest risk activity (besides a hand job i guess :D ) when talking about HIV. In fact, till today, there has never been a single documented case. Going BB Anal - well, that is an entirely different story. You can`t argue with the numbers bro. In any case, never intended to "scare monger" but rather share my story and give practical advice. I believe i am within the context of this thread, right? Be cool bro and Enjoy! :D:D

Actually, I think there have been a few documented and proven cases of BBBJ HIV transfer, but only a few and *probably* in cases where the customer had bleeding gums or other oral lesions. In fact there's a guy on the Pattaya forum (if anyone remembers) a year ago or so who said that that's the way he got HIV. (That's all he does for sex if I remember right).

There's also the fact that in the first few months of an HIV infection the viral numbers are off the charts, something like 50x greater than normal so your chances are that much greater if you have any lesions in your mouth...but normally it's not a big deal. I've sucked off lots of LBs without consequences. But the "your chances are tiny" rationale I think applies to the case where the infector has had the disease for some months so the viral count had gone down considerably from the original surge at the beginning.

I don't want to be a kill-joy but just some stuff you might want to know.

Edited by DeepnHard

Actually, I think there have been a few documented and proven cases of BBBJ HIV transfer, but only a few and *probably* in cases where the customer had bleeding gums or other oral lesions. In fact there's a guy on the Pattaya forum (if anyone remembers) a year ago or so who said that that's the way he got HIV. (That's all he does for sex if I remember right).

There's also the fact that in the first few months of an HIV infection the viral numbers are off the charts, something like 50x greater than normal so your chances are that much greater if you have any lesions in your mouth...but normally it's not a big deal. I've sucked off lots of LBs without consequences. But the "your chances are tiny" rationale I think applies to the case where the infector has had the disease for some months so the viral count had gone down considerably from the original surge at the beginning.

"something like 50x greater than normal "..hehehehe - when i got my results my doc`s jaw dropped. She had never seen such a high VL ever - and she was in her 70`s!! My VL was 4M(!!). 1 month after meds it dropped to 9,000 and then a month after that 450, month after that UD. Praise the lord! :D

"something like 50x greater than normal "..hehehehe - when i got my results my doc`s jaw dropped. She had never seen such a high VL ever - and she was in her 70`s!! My VL was 4M(!!). 1 month after meds it dropped to 9,000 and then a month after that 450, month after that UD. Praise the lord! :D

Just curious: How are you managing on the HIV drugs? I mean side effects....

Just curious: How are you managing on the HIV drugs? I mean side effects....

My first regimen - 9 pills a day affected me hard - stomach cramps, diarrhea 4-5 times a day.

After becoming UD after 3 months, switched to the so popular and convenient Atripla - unfortunately i fall into that small % of people who react bad to this med - crazy wild dreams, foggy mind, inability to think straight, moody etc. After 2 weeks of this shit i switched to Complera. Also a once-a-day regimen but it needs to be taken after food. No noticeable side affects what so ever. Finally i was pooping solid again!

Well, to be precise, there was one side affect i forgot to mention which started form the first regimen and has not gone away. As soon as i started taking

taking my cholesterol jumped to the ski - it is a known side affect. They had me on statins at first but i decided to deal with it naturally and have managed to reduce to a "borderline" level. This is a known side affect to all HIV meds. So, i wake up, have breakfast, pop my two pills (Complera is not sold as one pill in Thailand) and go on with my day. Sounds just like anyone else`s routine, right? :rolleyes::cabaret:

Good for you! Excellent first person information. It gives us all hope that such a thing is survivable without a lot of pain. Nice report and thanks much for sharing!!! I'm not acquainted with the new meds so I didn't know that there were so many to choose from, and as with anything it's good to have choices!

Edited by DeepnHard

Good for you! Excellent first person information. It gives us all hope that such a thing is survivable without a lot of pain. Nice report and thanks much for sharing!!! I'm not acquainted with the new meds so I didn't know that there were so many to choose from, and as with anything it's good to have choices!

Thank you! Yes, when i first heard teh Dx, my world turned upside down. I had pictures of Tom Hanks in Philadelphia running through my mind. I saw myself disowned by my family, alone, with soars and skinny and dying all alone. The doc ;laughed and told me that i would be surprised how many people have this. With today`s treatment - according to the doc - it is today considered a chronic disease/condition that is fairly easy to treat. He compared it to Diabetes which he thought was worse. The main issue is the stigma. As far as meds, it seems these days we are very lucky - so many different choices and options. This is especially good news for people who have some resistant strains of the virus. BTW, i highly recommend people to browse through poz.com to get the most updated info regarding this disease. Cheers and thanks!

Thank you! Yes, when i first heard teh Dx, my world turned upside down. I had pictures of Tom Hanks in Philadelphia running through my mind. I saw myself disowned by my family, alone, with soars and skinny and dying all alone. The doc ;laughed and told me that i would be surprised how many people have this. With today`s treatment - according to the doc - it is today considered a chronic disease/condition that is fairly easy to treat. He compared it to Diabetes which he thought was worse. The main issue is the stigma. As far as meds, it seems these days we are very lucky - so many different choices and options. This is especially good news for people who have some resistant strains of the virus. BTW, i highly recommend people to browse through poz.com to get the most updated info regarding this disease. Cheers and thanks!

There *was* a time when the available medicines were pretty nasty to take. Many side effects, so I'm glad to hear that the situation has improved (greatly from the sound of it). I can very easily imagine the horror when you first got the diagnosis...I suspect in the back of our heads many of us here fear this. Well, good for you and I'm glad you're feeling well.

Edited by DeepnHard

I am just curious, when you talking oral sex, this only BJ or cum in the mouth? I do oral sex or sucking always without condom - of course -, but never let cum to my mouth. I think this can be the high risk. I don't think after Listerine will be enough solution.

I am just curious, when you talking oral sex, this only BJ or cum in the mouth? I do oral sex or sucking always without condom - of course -, but never let cum to my mouth. I think this can be the high risk. I don't think after Listerine will be enough solution.

I'm pretty slutty orally. Rimming is what I've got sick on a couple of times, but that's rare (parasites). I suck and swallow too. (As gay sites point out, don't let the cum linger in your mouth: "spit or swallow, don't wallow").

Cumming in mouth is usually low risk, unless you have sores in your mouth (that are bleeding, say) or gums that are bleeding.

Then, there's the initial phase of HIV where the HIV count is something like 50 times what it would normally be. This is the first 3 months or so (my understanding, may be longer). During that time, there's more risk of course, though I think with a tight mouth (no bleeding) it's still pretty safe.

But then I'm 70 and not as afraid of dying as I once was. :)