jmuguy222

has anyone caught an std?

And what do you think about "unprotected oral sex", i mean when you make the blowjob to a ladyboy. Do you use condoms when you make bj?

I get a kick out of posters who claim they've never had an STD, saying "I got tested and came back clear." Or "I've never had a single symptom."

Fact is, for most men, many STDs are asymptomatic. Sometimes you'll get a bout that will cause you pain and discomfort (the ol' pissing razorblades syndrome), but in other instances you'll be infected but won't have any symptoms. But, being infected, you'll be infecting others if you're going BB.

This is especially a problem with HPV, which is almost always asymptomatic in men, and there's no test for HPV in men. The upside is there aren't too many risks for men, aside from ugly warts that might develop, but for GGs it's a different story. And since HPV is epidemic among sex workers (probably as close to 100% as you can get), it's a near certainty that we've all had or have HPV. And there's no treatment for HPV. The warts can be burned off, and the virus usually clears all by itself among men after a few months, but until it does, you are a carrier.

Edited by Bwana_LB

My last and only STD was back in 1970, crabs. Crabs were pretty endemic in the San Francisco area. It was a bit of an ordeal to get rid of them though: take a shower and coat yourself with this crab shampoo all over, don't rinse it off, and leave the shampoo on for a full 24 hours. Ok, but then clean all your clothes, boil your sheets, etc. I remember the crabs especially because I'd just started a new job, was sitting around the training table for new workers, and I noticed a leetle crab (the things are tiny) walking across the table. It had dropped off my arm and was headed right for a large black woman that I didn't get along with. They're happy little colonizers and not prejudiced at all.

Haven't caught anything since I started wrapping the little fella in a rain coat ands that was back in the 90's...

Edited by TMax

Yes 23 years ago of a transsexual on William street in Sydney Australia. Comes back to haunt me every few years on the right hand side of the mouth. Herpes is the correct term it

Yes 23 years ago of a transsexual on William street in Sydney Australia. Comes back to haunt me every few years on the right hand side of the mouth. Herpes is the correct term it

What is the difference between herpes and love ??...........................................herpes is forever :)

i impromptu barebacked a ladyboy about 4 years ago who disappeared named Tatu and got chlamydia. I didnt think about and got back with my bird from England, then she ended up getting chlamydia. her symptoms were much worse than mine. but it definitely was me who gave it to her and definitely Tatu who had it in her ass.

I get a kick out of posters who claim they've never had an STD, saying "I got tested and came back clear." Or "I've never had a single symptom."

Fact is, for most men, many STDs are asymptomatic. Sometimes you'll get a bout that will cause you pain and discomfort (the ol' pissing razorblades syndrome), but in other instances you'll be infected but won't have any symptoms. But, being infected, you'll be infecting others if you're going BB.

This is especially a problem with HPV, which is almost always asymptomatic in men, and there's no test for HPV in men. The upside is there aren't too many risks for men, aside from ugly warts that might develop, but for GGs it's a different story. And since HPV is epidemic among sex workers (probably as close to 100% as you can get), it's a near certainty that we've all had or have HPV. And there's no treatment for HPV. The warts can be burned off, and the virus usually clears all by itself among men after a few months, but until it does, you are a carrier.

Yes, you're right to warn about HPV. This is the only STD on can get when having protected sex, but it happens (not in Thailand as far as I was concerned). When an ugly wart shows up, you need to go and explain a doctor that you are not the wise man you look like. It's not really pleasant to have it cured with liquid nitrogen, but it's efficient.

You will notice that old hookers often have such warts on the top of their legs.

Why go to the doctor for warts when you can buy apple cider vinegar from the grocery store. Put a few drops on a cotton swab and tape it to the wart for a few hours. Repeat for a few days and the warts will disappear as if they were never there.

I'm giving BBBJ all the time, and can't imagine life any other way. Perhaps I have a guardian LB angel, or maybe I'm just a "good judge of character" (haha). I'm a big fan of ass eating too, and I picked up a supposedly "asymptomatic" bacterial infection, which plagued me for awhile before I blew it away with Bactrim. It's asymptomatic in the young, but can be symptomatic in the "mature"--causing stomach bloating and discomfort. So a young LB could carry it and not be aware of it. I had an unrelated problem with those same symptoms (gastroparesis) at the same time, so I'm not sure which one was giving the symptoms, but they weren't fun. I've been very wary since about ass eating. My 2 cents on STDs. But the idea of being wrapped up in plastic to have sex doesn't appeal to me. It's reasonable and necessary for penises I know, but for blow jobs, ball sucking...? I know there are risks, but they're pretty damned small. A lot more risk of being run down by a motorbike or taxi in this country.

Edited by DeepnHard

You didn't ruin my day I assure you. In fact, that's great info you put out. Glad to know you're doing well and that what used to be a death sentence has been reduced nowadays to a chore.

Yep, you're doing the right thing telling potential partners of your status upfront. Let them decide.

I see your point 7 but, personally, I believe I would have a mental block engaging in sex with a person I knew to be positive (no offense meant). And I suspect most LBs in Bkk would be of similar mind - they seem paranoid about health and cleanliness. Which figures. Getting sick here, especially for someone less financially advantaged, could be a pretty miserable experience.

Hi LB Lover,

Thanks for the words of support. Regarding point 7 - yes, i agree. I too would someone HIV+ even if they were UD - that is probably because i was brainwashed for so many years and hard for me to digest the science. The truth is though, whether we can accept it or not, that being with a person not does not know their status is riskier than being with someone who knows he is poz and is on meds and UD. Food for thought :-).

As for the LB`s, as i mentioned, in my experience over the past few years, most really don`t care at all. In fact, when i try to speak to them regarding safety, PreP etc, they seem disinterested. Most have a "whatever" attitude...

I was surprised to find that some (30%) actually new the science and even suggested BB (something i refuse since i don`t need to catch anything else!).

Also, Thai`s are entitled to free HIV meds. Actually it is almost free (like 40 THB/month) from the pubic hospitals. There are also clinics which provide heavily subsidized meds. Thailand is considered number 1 in Asia in treatment in fact. If you are interested in reading more or resources let me know and i can send you some links. Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old post, and i hope it is ok to revive it for such an important topic. i don`t want to ruin anyone`s hardon, but i figure it is important for me to tell my story.

So..I was a hetro for many many years and never had any experiences with anyone except for women. Fast forward to my 4th or 5th trip to BKK on biz and i found myself drunk in nana and trying to stick my tongue down a hot hot "chick"`s throat - when suddenly i was informed that there was a little extra between the legs, and to my surprise it didn`t bother me - in fact i liked it! Fast forward 10 years later and i became a LB "addict", where this became my preference by default, and teh center of my free time. So many things about LB that i love, but, i can sum it up in 4 words - I love the sex!!!

So, playing around like the rest of us, sometimes on top, some times on bottom, always with condom except for BJ (giving and getting).

Always healthy, never really any issues. Fast forward 5 years ago, i caught my first case of gonorrhea (i was 45 years old!!)....who knows how and from whom. Got rid of it and all was great.

2 years ago, i had an encounter with a "bored in room and looking for fun" lb that i met on CL. She did not want cash, was originally from VN but lived in the USA here for plastic surgery (that was her story) and we started to play. After some regular foreplay, she got on top (with a condom) and things were great. At a certain point i reached back to feel the condom (i always do this for reassurance) and just as i did, she pulled out and said "oops it just slipped off a second ago".

Ok,... didn`t think much of it. She put it back on and we played a bit more and that was that.

Well....as you can all guess, that was not "THAT"..... :Bonkers:

a few weeks later, flu-like symptoms, doc visit, anti-biotics, symptoms don`t clear, a week or 2 go by, i go back to doctor and he sends me to the ID Doc, he runs the array of tests and comes back with the bad news - i am HIV positive....shock...utter shock! How? What? Me? I`m a married guy with a good job, kids, no drugs, always use condoms...THIS CAN`T BE HAPPENING!!! :blush:

It was horrible. I was completely uneducated and thought that i would die a shameful horrible death within months - luckily i was absolutely wrong. Started meds, read and researched TONS, told the wife who supported me throughout the process, she is neg, after a few months i was UD, perfectly healthy, perfect CD4 and life has gone on.

A few things to learn from my case (regarding HIV only! - there are many other STD`s):

1. any risk of exposure is a real risk of exposure and should be treated accordingly.
  2. Bottoms and needle users (for whatever) have the highest risk of exposure.
  3. 1 second of exposure is exposure.
  4. Had i been educated, i would have known about PeP. If you have been exposed, PeP is a real option that has a VERY HIGH chance of preventing infection. For those that don`t know, PeP is basically taking HIV meds within a day or 2 of exposer (i forget the exact amount of time, but the sooner the better) for an entire month, thus preventing the virus from infecting white blood cells and multiplying. It is like the "morning after pill" of HIV. It works! I was ignorant,i had no idea, i didn`t even think of it, and the rest is history. Stupid me!
  5. People with HIV who are on meds and UD (UnDetectable viral load) cannot infect others through sex. This is 99.9% certain. UD = Untranslatable. That is why testing regularly and knowing ones status is so important, and, if one gets infected, starting meds asap is important.
  6. The sooner you start your meds once infected, the better. In fact you will have a near NORMAL LIFE EXPECTANCY and can be if you start immediately (some say a LONGER one since the frequent doc visits catch any anomalies early and can be treated, as opposed to people who do not frequently visit docs). The quicker you start, the less long term damage done to your immune system. I was lucky since i showed symptoms and went to get checked. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT SHOW SYMPTOMS WHEN FIRST INFECTED. SO, GET CHECKED REGULARLY!!
  7. This will cause controversy i am sure :rolleyes: - It is safer to have sex with someone who is HIV Positive and UNDETECTABLE, rather than someone whose status is unknown. Think it through, and if you disagree with me, let me know why.
  8. People who are HIV positive and NOT on medication and NOT UD (undetectable) usually are VERY infectious because their Viral Load (VL) is high. When i discovered my infection, it was soon after being infected, when the VL is very high usually, and my VL was around 4MILLION! It took 3 months of meds to get me UD (= less than 40!!). My wife was very lucky because we had sex a few times just days before i was diagnosed and yet she never got infected - we (she) were very lucky!
  9. Life goes on after HIV - daily meds is the main burden, but today, the side affects are mild, and things are basically normal - life goes on.
  10. I usually disclose to the sex partners i play with out of sheer conscience and morality (and perhaps legality). 99% don`t seem to care. Most LB`s seem to understand the basics or just don`t seem to care. I sometimes wonder how many are poz and/if on meds.
  11. Today there is a something called PreP - this is taking HIV meds before infection on a regular daily basis - for people who are high risk. It is a preventative measure and has proved to prevent being infected more than 90% of the cases. It is given for free in some places like the Redcross. I try teaching the LB i meet about this and urge them to start since they are very high risk.
  12. In my case, i believe i figured out how i got it - that one incident. However, often i wonder if i got it from oral sex where i gave and did not use a condom (i never used a condom giving or getting). I know the chances are EXTREMELY low and "no documented cases" but maybe that`s because no one knows that is how they got it? Oh well, looking forward and not backwards!

So....sorry if i ruined anyone`s good time. I thought it would be important to tell men of the same interest a real life story from just an ordinary normal guy like you, and hopefully it will help someone out one of these days.

BTW, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Take care guys. I LOVE THIS FORUM! :):D

Thank you for posting this. It's a shame that I see so many people bragging about how they BB and engage in risky behavior and haven't caught anything yet, while the majority of people who do get burned hide and are ashamed to speak up.

The risks are real. Everyone wants to have a good time, but just this can happen to anyone. It only takes one encounter... I'd like to think that oral is safe too, but it does make you wonder. It's so easy to get a cut or open wound in your mouth just from brushing your teeth or biting your tongue. While no cases have been documented, I'm sure it happens more than people realize.

Never got an sti off a ladyboy and I've barebacked quite a few

you are a very lucky guy - i am very jealous!! hahahaha

Thank you for posting this. It's a shame that I see so many people bragging about how they BB and engage in risky behavior and haven't caught anything yet, while the majority of people who do get burned hide and are ashamed to speak up.

The risks are real. Everyone wants to have a good time, but just this can happen to anyone. It only takes one encounter... I'd like to think that oral is safe too, but it does make you wonder. It's so easy to get a cut or open wound in your mouth just from brushing your teeth or biting your tongue. While no cases have been documented, I'm sure it happens more than people realize.

yes i agree that bragging re bb isn*t so wise. Besides HIV,there is of course HEP which is way easier to get and harder to treat, there is

re oral, i think brushing teeth does not create enough open wound/exposure to blood vessels to pass the virus. HIV is a very vulnerable virus and the mouth has many natural antiseptics where HIV cannot live. However, if you have other infections (gum or throat) or other STD`s or have had a tooth pulled or train boxing and have a cut in your mouth etc, then for sure there is a risk.

Anyway, my prupose was not to scare people or give a "buzz-kill", rather, just share and update/educate/inform others that it can happen and what to do if it does happen. Had i known what i know today, i would have taken PeP and most probably NOT been infected...cheers and thanks again!

Never got an sti off a ladyboy and I've barebacked quite a few

Now for my serious answer..

i guess the risk is different f you Top or if you Bottom. May i ask if you BB as a bottom? Also, the risks seem to be lower for circumcised - not sure why.

I guess it is like not wearing a seatbelt when driving, not wearing a helmiet on a motorbike, etc etc - everything is fine until it isn`t. Anyway, no intent to kill your buzz or to preach. Enjoy yourself bro! Just get checked often and and if something goes wrong, you know that there are good options nowadays. Peace!

Grateful for the post.

Grateful for some of the candid responses with people sharing their experiences without preaching.

I'm one of those who has chanced the consequences and gone in bareback.

used every excuse in the book to justify why to myself - she was gorgeous! It was the heat of the moment. I've been with her before. she doesn't look sick (idiotic x2). It's hard to get infected.

Now it's 3 weeks later, I'm home again, picked up a cold or tonsillitis (I'm praying) and waiting for results of my blood test to come back.

Idiots never learn. I've been an idiot.

Now for my serious answer..

i guess the risk is different f you Top or if you Bottom. May i ask if you BB as a bottom? Also, the risks seem to be lower for circumcised - not sure why.

I guess it is like not wearing a seatbelt when driving, not wearing a helmiet on a motorbike, etc etc - everything is fine until it isn`t. Anyway, no intent to kill your buzz or to preach. Enjoy yourself bro! Just get checked often and and if something goes wrong, you know that there are good options nowadays. Peace!

The risks are over exaggerated by people scare mongering others who themselves admit to a bbbj but wrap up for anal which confuses me but oh well live and let live

Grateful for the post.

Grateful for some of the candid responses with people sharing their experiences without preaching.

I'm one of those who has chanced the consequences and gone in bareback.

used every excuse in the book to justify why to myself - she was gorgeous! It was the heat of the moment. I've been with her before. she doesn't look sick (idiotic x2). It's hard to get infected.

Now it's 3 weeks later, I'm home again, picked up a cold or tonsillitis (I'm praying) and waiting for results of my blood test to come back.

Idiots never learn. I've been an idiot.

Hi, been there a zillion times bro - 99.999% chance it is not HIV and probably nothing at all except for tonsilitis! :) If you were bottom, i would say otherwise, but as a top, your chances are pretty low. Just to put some perspective, i must have had sex with my wife 5 or 6 times while infected with a very high VL before taking meds, and she came out ok (this was teh few weeks before diagnosis) - so there you go. It is not an automatic infection if you are with someone who is poz (and not UD). It just increases the chance of getting infected. Having said all that, there are plenty of other nasty things that one can catch like the clap, herpes, warts HEP etc etc . Of course, when the dick is hard and a the beer goggles are on, hahahaha - risk takes on a completely different meaning :blink::blink::lol: .

Anyway, don`t sweat it. Go get checked and deal with whatever comes your way. If you have questions feel free to PM me. BTW - was she good? :-)

Edited by whitecck

The risks are over exaggerated by people scare mongering others who themselves admit to a bbbj but wrap up for anal which confuses me but oh well live and let live

BBBJ is considered the lowest risk activity (besides a hand job i guess :D ) when talking about HIV. In fact, till today, there has never been a single documented case. Going BB Anal - well, that is an entirely different story. You can`t argue with the numbers bro. In any case, never intended to "scare monger" but rather share my story and give practical advice. I believe i am within the context of this thread, right? Be cool bro and Enjoy! :D:D

Edited by whitecck