jmuguy222

has anyone caught an std?

No

Never caught an STD from a ladyboy,or in Thailand from GG.Always protected,seems the way to go!!

But have caught STDs(crabs/VD) from girls outside of Thailand :(

If you're going abroad....always take a Jonny!

No..

I've been enjoying pay for play with ladyboys 4 years now. Unprotected oral, protected penetration, always.

I get a broad spectrum test every year.

Always clean so far. knock on wood...

Just wondering if anyone has caught an std from a ladyboy / bargirl in bangkok while having protected sex.

A guy at work knocks around with GG but not the P$P type (so he says), he finds them on the internet and meets them around town, anyway he has had the clap twice since I have been here (july)!

I am now seeing a regular LB and we have started to go BB, but thats been since April this year (when I came for my interview...lol) and everything is good!

we both got tested anyway as a matter of course, and we are both clear! besides you have to be tested for your work permit here, and they test the works!!

Been thinking about it, I'm going to change my first answer to "NOT SURE."

Two earlier trips I came away with a terrible sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. Cipro cleared it up quick, and I didn't test positive for anything to date.

Did I have something in my mouth I shouldn't have???:mellow:

Does your friend use condoms ? or does he BB?

-Jon

Sorry about my late reply JM, yes I think he does go BB. He says its the drink, but he's 37 and currently living the dream (as he says). I have told him that he is to go paddling in the local gene pool, he is to wear wellies...but does he listen to my wise old head, I think not!

Two earlier trips I came away with a terrible sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. Cipro cleared it up quick, and I didn't test positive for anything to date.

I always have sore throat due to time in the plane , I suffer from ear infections as well...

i had lost my sleep over the same symptoms around 2 years back..after a GG session...went for tests ,Thankfully test were negative ..took another test last month after return fro LOS just to be sure.. ..clean

till now i have never fucked a PRO without a condom but still .these symptoms are very worrisome ..and One will never get peace of mind until a test (Hopefully)...

i suggest anyone with such symptoms after such trips to get a test done. and always wear a condom...

Edited by creed

Visiting LOS since 2000 and in my 4th year of living here, the only thing I've caught thus far is NSU two different times and Chlamydia once from unprotected blowjobs. Cipro didn't dent any of them, and only Azithromycin (Zithromax) could get the job done.

A friend got Chlamydia in his eye; that was some nasty stuff.

One course got rid of my NSU, but doctors here recommend two courses of Azithromycin when treating Chlamydia.

Azithromycin is available at the big pharmacy next to Bully's Pub for about 500 THB per course.

Edited by Trenton42

i found out i always ge sore throat and chapped lips, but this due to flying , and the fact i had a gastric bypass two years ago and cant knock back enought water when in the air for periods of time :blink:

I was worried after my first trip , but like most people i always cover , would not and could not ever think about no covering up. if im living in Bangkok say with mrs Lotus , i would only do so after a year of regular tests for both of us.

Visiting LOS since 2000 and in my 4th year of living here, the only thing I've caught thus far is NSU two different times and Chlamydia once from unprotected blowjobs. Cipro didn't dent any of them, and only Azithromycin (Zithromax) could get the job done.

A friend got Chlamydia in his eye; that was some nasty stuff.

One course got rid of my NSU, but doctors here recommend two courses of Azithromycin when treating Chlamydia.

Azithromycin is available at the big pharmacy next to Bully's Pub for about 500 THB per course.

I too caught it from a LB giving me a BBBJ. Took two courses to clear it too.

I too caught it from a LB giving me a BBBJ. Took two courses to clear it too.

Yep I got Chlamydia too last summer during a week-long mongering trip to Bkk. Had a mixture of GGs and LBs, always covered up for sex but received and gave BBBJs. Took about 10 days to come on. Went to the docs and they took my urine and at same time gave me Zithromax and 1 other drug to wipeout Chlamydia and Gonnorhea. By the time I got the positive Chlamydia result 3 days later, the meds had already got rid of the symptoms.

Does anybody pop this stuff as a routine after a trip to LoS? Is that wise?

got Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea once from a Vietnamese whore in Singapore, once from a Flip stripper in Tokyo and once in a salon from an LB doing a cut and blowjob in Samui. I carry Zithromax with my travel meds at all times now, just in case. To answer the last question, I have popped 1g after doing something I shouldn't after getting paranoid, better safe than sorry.

Ekkamai station have them, you have to go to the little pharamcy which is INSIDE the ticket barriers.... if not arriving by BTS and you on the other side of the barriers (need to be on the Gateway side), you can ask the security guard to go get the pharmacist. They also have Thai generic, but I prefer the real thing. Pack of 6 which is 1.5g costs 550 Baht.

Edited by jimmi_ripper

Thanks for the info, jimmi. Does a pack of six consist of six doses or is it that six pills make a single dose?

I was hoping to find a pharmacy in the Nana area where I'm staying, but if not I can jump on the BTS and head to Ekkamai station.

Thanks for the info, jimmi. Does a pack of six consist of six doses or is it that six pills make a single dose?

I was hoping to find a pharmacy in the Nana area where I'm staying, but if not I can jump on the BTS and head to Ekkamai station.

For a dose of gonnoreah or chylamidia, Dr.Jimmi prescribes a 1g (4 tablet) dose, you can try and buy four or bank the remaining two, but the 1g dose will sort it. Should take 3 days before everything clears up 100% but after one day you will notice an improvment. Take on an empty stomach and do not eat at least an hour afterwards. Stay out the sun and off the booze, you may also get the shits.

You can try the Pharmacy opposite the Amari in Soi 5 too, although I am 100% certain that they have stock in Ekkamai.

My claim to fame for STI's was wayyy back in the day, circa 1998. I was fucking GG's bareback like a young stud muffin fucking idiot. Always went with good intentions, but my drunk horn usually got the better of the moment and I was 'yee haaaa'.

Always got checked when I came back though......and.......always clear :)

HOWEVER, did the usual after a trip (possibly 5 impromptu bareback sessions). Got tested at home and negative. Next session was about 6 weeks later with a stunning British bird (she did part time modelling and I was punching wayyyy above my weight!) that I met in a club. 2 weeks later, my pubes (come on it was 1998 !) were infested with lice and peeing razor blades. Turns out this bird gave me a total of 3 different STI's and crabs. Thankfully all cleared up with a short course of pills.

Just goes to show you though, you just never know who's going to poison your wee fella !!

I always bag up now

I bought Zithromax and a few other anti's at Boots, just walked in told the Pharmacist what I needed and she gave it to me no questions asked. A lot of the times you can even tell the Pharmacist what your problem is and they will recommend an anti for it.