oliver17

Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas

Looks great, thanks for taking the time to post the review! 6-7K Baht/night for a room/villa with private pool is quite a good deal I reckon, especially when compared to similar properties in Phuket or Samui.

During my May 2016 trip, I spent 4 nights at the Sheraton Pranburi Villas outside of Hua Hin. ....

thanks for taking the time to post this very thorough and excellent report.

i really thought i would want to stay there given all the great amenities, etc, but then i saw the rules for the sauna and if i can't take my pets into the sauna with me than i'll have to give the place a pass until they come to their senses.

BTW: who the fuck would put a pet in a sauna?

Edited by bkkladyboy

Great summary thanks. Couple Q's:-

a) Is the resort South of Hua Hin ?(i.e you drive through Hua Hin and then on for another 20 minutes)

b) Did you by any chance get any pics of the beach by the resort and what was your opinion of it?

Looks very nice but maybe bit isolated for many unless you have a vehicle or use the mafia taxis.

Great summary thanks. Couple Q's:-

a) Is the resort South of Hua Hin ?(i.e you drive through Hua Hin and then on for another 20 minutes)

b) Did you by any chance get any pics of the beach by the resort and what was your opinion of it?

Looks very nice but maybe bit isolated for many unless you have a vehicle or use the mafia taxis.

Yes it is south of Hua Hin, about 20 minutes away. The car service drivers have taken different routes to get us there, both through Hua Hin and around it. I don't think any time is saved one way or the other. As said in the review, the hotel does operate a scheduled shuttle van into Hua Hin, but only in the evenings. The drop-offs and pick-ups in town occur at the clock tower with the portraits of the King and Queen. In the vicinity of the clock tower is a pretty good night market, and also numerous restaurants. JJ told me there is also at least one ladyboy bar in Hua Hin (one of her friends works there). We didn't visit, but I did see pics of the place. It looks like they have about 6 or 7 girls available, and as you can guess they aren't quite - I am being kind here - BKK quality ladyboys judging from

the pics.

The resort is isolated, but during the day there was no incentive to leave and during the night you can take the shuttle into Hua Hin. Pranburi itself has a couple of farang-oriented bars within walking distance, but neither one of them was much fun.

The Sheraton at least implies that they are on the beach, but directly across the road is nothing but rocks at the waterfront. There is also a fairly impressive walking trail / bike trail under construction along the waterfront. They had made a lot of progress on the trail since I was last here back in January. It looks like it will be a boardwalk type thing with food and drink available along the route. The first pic below is looking across Sheraton's lawn to the waterfront.The 2nd pic below shows the trail and the waterfront. The figure in the middle is JJ taking (what else?) selfies for facebook. The guy in the water was a fisherman gathering up his nets.

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

Below is a pic of a typical walkway at the Sheraton. Our villa was about a 10 minute stroll from the big restaurant and reception area. There are no motorized vehicles on the paths, the staff uses bicycles to get around.

IMG_3678.JPG

The pics below are from my January 2016 visit here with Sofie. We spent 4 nights there. Sofie generated some interest in another thread here recently http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7289-sophie-maybe/ These pics are about the only ones I have from that trip that are suitable for the regular section. The other pics I took belong in the advanced section, and I will put them there if I don't lose my nerve first. Here, you can also get a closer look at the outdoor sunken bathtub, which was a big hit with both Sofie and JJ. The other pics are from the main restaurant at breakfast. Somebody please tell me what instrument the girl is playing. She provided entertainment every morning during the January visit. I have no idea what the instrument is called, but I hear it all the time in Asian music.

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3680.JPG

Thanks from me too Oliver to take the time to write and post this great report.

Somebody please tell me what instrument the girl is playing. She provided entertainment every morning during the January visit. I have no idea what the instrument is called, but I hear it all the time in Asian music.

That's a hammered dulcimer (khim in thai)

great shot, nice ink.

post-16890-0-04219600-1466177727.jpg

So is it fair to say, there is no sandy beach at/outside the resort?

If so, that would kill it for me at least. I am not a great beach fan, but when I go to a beach resort, I do expect to see a beach and walk along it for at least an initial 10 minutes !!! (I have a private pool at my house,so a paddling/plunge pool does not cut it for me).

Otherwise, a great sounding resort and something to keep in mind for when they create a beach (I don't kid you).

Edited by mardhi

Thanks for taking the time to post this review.

It makes thinking about a trip to Hua Hin. Have never been there.

Just Remember Hua-Hin is a "BYOF" location. (Bring your own fun)

Did this resort used to be Evason/Six Senses? Pics look similar?

If the same, villas are v private - I had a great party weekend there.

If, different I need to get down there and try it out 😄

On 6/17/2016 at 6:31 AM, HilbertSpace said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this review.

It makes thinking about a trip to Hua Hin. Have never been there.

Hilbert Space was there?