mardhi

AIS 4G mobile packages

Been using AIS since I moved here but as like many have been switched onto new 4g. package when I bought new phone. This service by what we are used to is simply awesome. I plumped for 899b month deal which gives 12 gb of 4g use.

I speed checked it as a 58 mbps download and 5 mbps upload. I am seriously impressed with this service. I use it with the newish Samsung J7 phone.

Been using AIS since I moved here but as like many have been switched onto new 4g. package when I bought new phone. This service by what we are used to is simply awesome. I plumped for 899b month deal which gives 12 gb of 4g use.

I speed checked it as a 58 mbps download and 5 mbps upload. I am seriously impressed with this service. I use it with the newish Samsung J7 phone.

What do you use to test speed? I've tested many computers but never thought to test my phone.

I have had (or at least the bar across the top says I have) 4G LTE since I came here on year ago. I have dtac in CM.

My home 15 mbps service has been crap this week. So I tethered the phone using the charger cable into one of the usb slots. Pulled out the LAN cable and pc switched to the phone internet. Just googled on my laptop speed test and chose Opeda. The speed test showed AIS as the network provider. No idea if there is a speed test app as also had never thought to do it.

When I bought the phone I called AIS and said I wanted the best 4G package and they talked me through some setup on the phone and then activated the service one minute later. I use prepaid service so I keep my phone accounts well topped up.

Its no different doing a speed test on your phone , just do exactly the same as computer . There is a myriad of different speed test sights , all of which offer different results due to where they are bounced off . I normally use either speedtest or speedzone .

Nice to hear Thailand is rolling out 4g . Wish our Australia prices were that cheap for 12gig

Edited by Boomerang

are there any phone internet contracts that runs for only 6 months? As I'll only be there for 6 months and signing a 1 year contract would be wasteful.

are there any phone internet contracts that runs for only 6 months? As I'll only be there for 6 months and signing a 1 year contract would be wasteful.

You don't sign contract as you pay up front month by month. So long as you top up the account you can use it. So good for 6 months,1 month or forever.

As mardhi said ... pay as you go. I get 4.5 GB of 4G (with 3 bars of 4 it ran at 20mbs) for 399THB plus VAT... 430THB or something per month. I use dtac as that was the cell system that matched my hotspot the best. My phone would have worked with True and AIS but not my hotspot.

I don't remember my contract, but I had taken something for one month that I had paid 8 or 900 bahts. That was not AIS. The most expensive were calls abroad.

You shouldn't worry. Just go to a place like Century 21 and check with phone shops, you will find a good contract.