TheBrownHornet

New Normal LOS...?

Ok BM's, I'm Curious.

I know this is variable & "up to you" to a degree but as I will be in LOS in March I would like to know the latest bar fines & S/T, L/T rates for the Plaza & also for freelancers out front of Nana.

I appreciate this is variable & up for negotiation however last time I was in Bangkok (Sept 2015) the B/F was about 700thb & S/T from any of the major players was about 1500-2000thb.

The reason I am asking is that I have a friend who is a GG in Pattaya & she tells me that everything care of General Prayut has increased considerably & this includes girls. I am informed that a S/T has gone from 1000thb to 1500 & a long time has increased proportionately.

I have been traveling to LOS for long enough to appreciate that everything is up for negotiation & suspect this information may have been forwarded to me with the intent of keeping me in check (never going to happen :lol: ) however I am keen to know if there is now a "new normal" after years of 1000 baht ladies & Ladyboys?

If this has been covered recently elsewhere in the forum I apologize & ask you please share the thread with me as I am a new member & this is an extensive forum.

Thanks.

Edited by TheBrownHornet

I appreciate this is variable & up for negotiation however last time I was in Bangkok (Sept 2015) the B/F was about 700thb & S/T from any of the major players was about 1500-2000thb.

Those rates are right. While BF's are non-negotiable there are some BM who will tell you that you should never pay more than 1000B for ST. I however am not one of them. I almost always pay 2,000 ST (1,500 + 500 tip). I personally never discuss price. You can haggle, but if 500B one way or the other is going to wreck your budget then it's best to save a little longer before booking. Also, I don't think your going to make any kind of connection or get a great performance if your goal is to get "the best deal". For me, the most important thing is having a great time with great people. Everything else will fall into place. Enjoy your time in BKK & remember to take pics :Camera:

I'd take with a big pinch of salt what the Pattaya GG told you. Nothing seems to have changed price wise to your last visit from what I have observed over the whole spectrum of what you can spend money on. Only thing that has the expat community up in arms on Thai Visa.com is the price of Marlbroro cigarettes going from 95b to 120b.

Otherwise everything is same same.

For gogo bar ladyboys:

• ST: 1500 to 2000
  • LT: 2500 to 3000
  • Barfine: 600 to 700

For gogo bar GGs:

• ST: 2000 to 2500
  • LT: 3500 to 4000 (I have never taken a GG for LT before, but this is the price that many have quoted me)
  • Barfine: 600 to 700

For freelancing ladyboys and GGs:

• ST: 1000 to 2000
  • LT: 2000 to 3000

These are prices that I was quoted back in 2015 last year. I don't think they have increased since then.

You can trust the above advises as experts' ones.

It seems that the business has been fairly low since the end of the rain season. I don't see why GGs or ladyboys should increase their prices. IMHO, some try to compensate a low activity trying to raise the price of their services. It's just dangerous for their business.

On the other hand, prices are lower in Pattaya, especially with ladyboys.

I also suggest you to read this page of the forum : http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6306-the-1000-baht-rule/page-3

I'd take with a big pinch of salt what the Pattaya GG told you. Nothing seems to have changed price wise to your last visit from what I have observed over the whole spectrum of what you can spend money on. Only thing that has the expat community up in arms on Thai Visa.com is the price of Marlbroro cigarettes going from 95b to 120b.

Otherwise everything is same same.

Dam , a price of ciggies is over 500baht here in aus for a pack of twenty .:( .

TBH

Similar to you, I was curious.

What follows is based on direct experiences in recent weeks as a holiday visitor.

On this occasion I did not go to go-go bars because I had built up a number of leads through this forum and found these to be quite accurate and comprehensive.

Did not see the point of contacting anyone until I was there.

The standard price quoted by the more known LBs when approached on LINE was 3,000 thb

I did not pursue any of those who quoted the price only and I admit that this approach has its limitations.

When, on occasions, I chatted a little first and then counter offered 2,000 thb this was always accepted.

Some LBs quoted 1,500 thb if hosting and 2,000 thb if coming to me.

Less well known but equally attractive LBs never quoted more than 2,000 thb but all were happy to come over for 1,500thb

I read that some BMs pay 1,000 thb but I do not have sufficient experience to comment.

I sense that repeated customs and getting to know some LBs may well secure these lower fees.

I found places like Check In Bar first left from Soi 7 and Chaos in Soi 4 provided plenty of opportunities to chat to friendly LBs.

When chatting to LBs face to face I was never quoted more than 2,000 thb and all were happy with 1,500 thb

From my experiences, and despite these interactions are mainly based on selling and buying, treating your chosen LBs with dignity and respect almost always paid dividends.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to minimise disappointments and maximise my opportunities during my limited time.

Enjoy your time there.

Edited by Ditto

TBH

Similar to you, I was curious.

What follows is based on direct experiences in recent weeks as a holiday visitor.

On this occasion I did not go to go-go bars because I had built up a number of leads through this forum and found these to be quite accurate and comprehensive.

Did not see the point of contacting anyone until I was there.

The standard price quoted by the more known LBs when approached on LINE was 3,000 thb

I did not pursue any of those who quoted the price only and I admit that this approach has its limitations.

When, on occasions, I chatted a little first and then counter offered 2,000 thb this was always accepted.

Some LBs quoted 1,500 thb if hosting and 2,000 thb if coming to me.

Less well known but equally attractive LBs never quoted more than 2,000 thb but all were happy to come over for 1,500thb

I read that some BMs pay 1,000 thb but I do not have sufficient experience to comment.

I sense that repeated customs and getting to know some LBs may well secure these lower fees.

I found places like Check In Bar first left from Soi 7 and Chaos in Soi 4 provided plenty of opportunities to chat to friendly LBs.

When chatting to LBs face to face I was never quoted more than 2,000 thb and all were happy with 1,500 thb

From my experiences, and despite these interactions are mainly based on selling and buying, treating your chosen LBs with dignity and respect almost always paid dividends.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to minimise disappointments and maximise my opportunities during my limited time.

Enjoy your time there.

I read the same very recently only. If I had read it before my trip, I would have tried this price at least once. I am convinced that prices are going down in BKK. Though, I think that 1,000 baht would be a bottom price in BKK. If anyone thinks I am wrong, please , just let me know.

I read the same very recently only. If I had read it before my trip, I would have tried this price at least once. I am convinced that prices are going down in BKK. Though, I think that 1,000 baht would be a bottom price in BKK. If anyone thinks I am wrong, please , just let me know.

You are correct that 1K is bottom price in BKK. Mostly with freelancers, but sometimes in bars with the less popular lb´s that need to rack up barfines, or like in Cascade around 1am with same girls. Or if you are a repeat costumer/old hand that they know. I have been quoted 500ST at times. Usually when I am not interested.

It is my experience that most bargirls accept 1,5K ST but quotes higher. Craigslist (CL) are different and a bit difficult to haggle since many starts at 3K, also those that work in CIB and other bars, that many know would go for 1,5K ST. I have had no luck getting those CL-girls down to 1K, even when tried to haggle another time/trip. 1,5K or 2K+taxi seems like the standard there.

I am careful about money, but I am also careful not to bargain over the" point of the best service". If you manage to bargain a lower price, you believe you are going to be happy, but the girl won't feel like being pleasant with you. You get a low cost for low price.

I am careful about money, but I am also careful not to bargain over the" point of the best service". If you manage to bargain a lower price, you believe you are going to be happy, but the girl won't feel like being pleasant with you. You get a low cost for low price.

It´s a valid point, both parties should be ok with it. However, there is a lot of disagreement on this according to previous posters in other threads. IMHO I don´t think the service are different if you pay 1K or 3K, not in Thailand anyways. More to do with the LB´s mood, how many customers that day, and so on. At least that have been my experience.