staple

Hua Hin hotel recommendations

I will be spending 3 weeks in LOS in April, and would like to head down to Hua Hin for a couple of nights. I've never been to Hua Hin so any hotel recommendations would be much appreciated.

I spent 1 night in Hua Hin and 1 night in Cha-Am. Not doing much research before we left I booked a fairly cheap hotel in Hua Hin that I didn't much care for, although you could tell that in some point in history this might have been one of Hua-Hin's best. The hotel is called Hua Hin Loft.

The next night we stayed in Cha-Am. Much different than HH. The accommodations were on the beach road. I did a review here:

http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6752-ban-lan-suan-cha-am/

I went for relaxation with a LB so night life was not important. neo24 could steer you better on where the action is if that is what you seek.

Thanks for the info flipflops. I will be bringing along a companion so my nights will be covered :D.

Look here for my trip report:-

http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6975-hua-hin-baan-laksasubha-resort/

I'd go again and found it to be an excellent hotel with the most perfect location on Hua Hin beach. Beachfront hotels are NOT cheap though, but this is one of the best value hotels on the beach. Still be looking at 4000b night in the cheapest studio room. Having stayed there, I'd use the studios again as the more expensive rooms did not have anything much better other than terraces/balcony from what I could see but were much more expensive. Very, very easy walk into Hua Hin restaurant area. The absolute centre is at the Hilton Hotel. So that would be the most centrally located. Centara Grande is in between the Laksasubha and the Hilton. Both tend to be much more expensive unless you book long time in advance, on non refundable rates.

Oh and if you do go, book a breakfast Inclusive rate. Breakfast is lovely on the sea terrace and very well done (considering its essentially free, B&B v R.O rate is like 100b difference I found). Your question has got me thinking about making return trip now !!

Thanks for the recommendation & the info Mardi. Knowing that the Hilton is the center helps a lot.

I will be spending 3 weeks in LOS in April, and would like to head down to Hua Hin for a couple of nights. I've never been to Hua Hin so any hotel recommendations would be much appreciated.

What's your usual budget in Thailand ?

What's your usual budget in Thailand ?

I usually spend between 2,200 - 2,700 baht a night for a room.

You might want to consider the Verandah Lodge then which is more in tune with your budget. It is about 500m further along the beach and is another family owned and operated small resort.

http://www.verandalodge.com/

Upside is it is still absolute beachfront, downside it is a fair walk and you'd be more likely to need a tuk tuk which is easy enough. Deluxe rooms are in modern block at the back and have no view to speak off. Nicely kitted out rooms, quite small but well done. The only room with sea view is the most expensive bungalow - its a tad on the expensive side though. You can just chill in the beachside bar & restaurant and get the same view as the bungalow.

I have stayed here and would stay again if need be. The only thing that puts me off is the walking distance and having to rely on tuk tuks.

Check out this hotel it's close to the action(soi bintabaht) and very nice and a great price!

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/hub-hua-hin-57.html?dksc=2&aid=304142&label=postbooking_confemail

I stayed there last November, with my LB companion, and also 2 other BMs with their LBs!

It was very nice, and not to expensive!

Look here for my trip report:-

http://www.bangkokladyboys.net/forum/index.php?/topic/6975-hua-hin-baan-laksasubha-resort/

I'd go again and found it to be an excellent hotel with the most perfect location on Hua Hin beach. Beachfront hotels are NOT cheap though, but this is one of the best value hotels on the beach. Still be looking at 4000b night in the cheapest studio room. Having stayed there, I'd use the studios again as the more expensive rooms did not have anything much better other than terraces/balcony from what I could see but were much more expensive. Very, very easy walk into Hua Hin restaurant area. The absolute centre is at the Hilton Hotel. So that would be the most centrally located. Centara Grande is in between the Laksasubha and the Hilton. Both tend to be much more expensive unless you book long time in advance, on non refundable rates.

Oh and if you do go, book a breakfast Inclusive rate. Breakfast is lovely on the sea terrace and very well done (considering its essentially free, B&B v R.O rate is like 100b difference I found). Your question has got me thinking about making return trip now !!

Would you say Ladyboys would feel comfortable here, as in acceptance of staff and guests? The beachfront location sounds nice.

I was also looking at Baan Bayan, which is a bit further down the beach I think.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by Bucket14

Would you say Ladyboys would feel comfortable here, as in acceptance of staff and guests? The beachfront location sounds nice.

I was also looking at Baan Bayan, which is a bit further down the beach I think.

(Edited for spelling)

I don't think any guests clocked she was anything but a GG (guests were mostly foreigners when we stayed).

As to the staff, well she was taught how to make a Kratong by the elderly owner of the hotel who is sort of in this photo, so presumably they had no LB issue. The staff were all good though.

DSC07522.JPG

Few more pics of the reason for staying here - the beach.

DSC07519.JPG

DSC07514.JPG

DSC07515.JPG

DSC07525.JPG

DSC07524.JPG

Excellent Mardi and thankyou.

I've actually now booked Baan Bayan (a special on Agoda), just down the beach a bit. I'm looking forward to going.