flipflops

Current STD clinics

Can anyone recommend a reliable STD clinic in BKK? (or Chiang Mai) I'll be in town soon and should get the testing done. Prices vary I know from test to test but what are people paying for HIV tests? I don't have symptoms of anything so I look to test for the obscure diseases.

There are several different HIV tests and I think accuracy varies with different tests. Anyone have info on the best accuracy?

The Thai Red Cross clinic on Ratchadamri Road ( 5min walk from Rajdamri BTS) would be my choice: http://en.trcarc.org/Homepage/?page_id=632

Ditto. That's the one I use. Professional and very reasonably priced, vs. the private hospitals. Thais take STDs seriously and provide accurate testing at a cheap price.

I am not really involved since I can get tests for free in my country. If this is not a real hurry, I'd like to stress I was impressed by the organization at Burumgrad hospital where I had to go for an insect bite.

I have checked if they offer HIV tests and seen they include HIV and STD add-ons in their tests : https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-check-up-center-bangkok-thailand-jci-best/check-up-packages

As this private hospital is just one block away from Nana Plaza, it's worth mentioninig it. You just need to walk down soi 3 and you will see a trafic officer and a traffic jam at a 7/11 with cars turning right. Follow this soi on 200 m and you will be there. I guess you can arrange an appointment just going there.

I have been to the red cross clinic on ratchadamri road and the procedure there is fairly straightforward. It costs something like 200 baht to get tested for HIV and Syphilis. It is an anonymous clinic as well. No such identification card required. The only negative thing about this clinic is the waiting time. As it is cheap compared to private hospitals, many local Thai people come here to get checked. When I went I had to wait around 3.5 to 4 hours in total - from registration to getting my blood drawn, and then finally to receiving my results.

I have been to the red cross clinic on ratchadamri road and the procedure there is fairly straightforward. It costs something like 200 baht to get tested for HIV and Syphilis. It is an anonymous clinic as well. No such identification card required. The only negative thing about this clinic is the waiting time. As it is cheap compared to private hospitals, many local Thai people come here to get checked. When I went I had to wait around 3.5 to 4 hours in total - from registration to getting my blood drawn, and then finally to receiving my results.

I just got back from the Red Cross for my six month testing. I got tested for both HIV and syphilis. 200 baht for each test. Waited less than an hour to get my blood drawn, then left and came back an hour later for the results, which were given to me within five minutes. So the entire visit was less than two hours total. It was my second time there, so my registration process was not as lengthy.

A note of interest, which was briefly mentioned in another thread. In addition to the standard antibodies test, they now do a test for the virus itself. Results for the antibodies test are given same day. Testing for the virus is done within two days and they only notify you of those results if you test positive. This is good news in two ways. 1) the virus test is usually quite expensive, but they are doing it as part of a funded research project at no extra charge. 2) those who've had a risky experience don't need to wait the standard 30 days to be tested, as those newly infected will test positive on the virus test within one or two weeks. two weeks max.

Very good experience at the Thai Red Cross today. Test results negative.

Edited by crazycloud

Just got back from the Red Cross Clinic near Rajadamri BTS. All clean so thats always good news.

However, they seemed to have increased the price. I paid 400 baht for HIV and syphilis testing, while last year I paid 200 baht for both.

But other than that, process was very straight forward and almost everyone there speaks some sort of english, enough to understand what stations to go to.

Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes in total.

Edited by davvvid

Just got back from the Red Cross Clinic near Rajadamri BTS. All clean so thats always good news.

However, they seemed to have increased the price. I paid 400 baht for HIV and syphilis testing, while last year I paid 200 baht for both.

But other than that, process was very straight forward and almost everyone there speaks some sort of english, enough to understand what stations to go to.

Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes in total.

I've been there often enough, more or less once a year for about 10 years. It's always been a good place, professional, competent, quick and cheap! And...They've always given me A's on my report card!

Edited by DeepnHard

Just did two tests at a hospital charged about 800 baht. Did the test and go back to get the result the day after, no need to wait at the hospital at all.

They have an international "ambassador" stationed so language is not a problem.

I've used the Red Cross place before...highly recommended. Get off at Ratchadamri Station and then it's about a 600m walk (look for the 2 big water towers).

After the first visit you get a card so you can skip a lot of the paperwork for the next visit.

Results were sent to my email.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:38 PM, Thanks said:

Has anyone experience with Bangkok Safe Clinic on Sukhumvit near Asok BTS:

https://www.bangkoksafeclinic.com/pricings/

How do they compare to Pulse clinic in Silom?

:-) Thanks 

IMG_20190614_185907.jpg

I can't speak from experience about this place but they're expensive
I can vouch for the Pulse - good service, market leaders in STDs, I would say