Sign in to follow this  
mardhi

Hua Hin, Baan Laksasubha Resort

Took a 5 day trip here over the Loy Kratong festival and set out to find an absolute beach front hotel, ideally in easy walking distance of the town centre (which I take as the crossroads between Centara Grande and Hilton hotel). and ideally something smaller than the huge chain hotels I have spent my working life living in.

Found this hotel by using booking.com's map and just highlighting and then clicking on the hotels. For the days we wanted this came up at an acceptable room rate plus it was a much easier/shorter walk than the Veranda Lodge where I have stayed before.

For those who know Hua Hin, this plot is directly adjacent to the grounds of the Centara Grande, which used to be the Sofitel and before that, it's original name was 'The Railway Hotel'. It is located in a straight line direct to the railway station, probably 500m away directly inland. As with all beach plots here, the plot is deep and narrow. The hotel has been built around a private house which is still used to this day. The property is made up of probably 12 'blocks' which comprise 3 or 4 rooms on two floors. Upper floor rooms have huge terraces. 3 blocks are adjacent to a swimming pool which remains in the shade for most of the day and was always empty during our stay.

The action, if you can call it that takes place at the beach. The hotel has it's own 30 odd meters of frontage straight onto the sand. The views are about as good as they get. Also in this area is an infinity pool surrounded by sun loungers plus the hotel restaurant and a bar. The whole thing is very nicely done albeit in a old money tatty way. It's not a 5* property and does not claim to be.

Breakfast was excellent buffet with made to order egg station, fruits, western foods, Thai foods etc and in our case incl. in our rate. The best bit of all is eating in the covered restaurant with a complete open perspective onto the beach.

We booked a studio room and from memory it was just under 4,000b night incl breakfast and taxes. The room itself was large with a private terrace and a full width bathroom with walk in shower, oversized bath tub, twin sinks etc. Large kingsize bed with good quality bed linens and efficient aircon were all big plusses. The only negative was the mosquitoes.

here is link to the hotel website:- http://www.baanlaksasubha.com/

I'll add some pics in the next few days along with more info about the town but the website is pretty accurate and the sunset views are that good.....

Sounds superb.

How did you get over to Hua Hin? Drive or take the train?

My regular driver in BKK did the honours. Given I used to do this run almost every weekend when I first moved here, I was insistent he drove and not send a friend (which can happen on last minute plans and we go back to our place outside Pattaya). I've used this guy for 8 years and he is about as safe a driver as you could hope for. Hardly any English though so need to speak with him in Thai. The road conditions have improved a lot since my last visit nearly 5 years ago. took us about two and half hours to go door to door.