Youngone

Privelege Entry Visa (5 year multiple entry)

Nice to see it was so smooth. By the sounds of things Thailand is clamping down on people who stay for extended periods on multiple Tourist Visas and/or Visa Waivers and so on. The new Multiple Entry Tourist Visa seems to have much more stringent requirements then the old double or triple entry Tourist visas.

Half a million baht is not cheap, but if you value your time and have the cash then I can see how it makes sense. Not having to do Visa runs, deal with immigration and so on, is worth a lot in my book. I'm sure there are guys who will choke on their cornflakes reading your post and be thinking "But that's the equivalent of 500 STs !!"

Good to see your plan coming together. My liver won't be so pleased but never mind.

Elite card certainly seems the way to go for least hassle long term stay's for the under 50's not working.

Glad for the good news you received that eventually led to this decision :)

Congratulations...... and good luck to you as you move toward the next chapter life brings your way........ hope to catch up soon....

Good to see your plan coming together. My liver won't be so pleased but never mind.

Elite card certainly seems the way to go for least hassle long term stay's for the under 50's not working.

Thanks guys... I'm still working through the details at the moment but I'm hoping to have everything finalized by Xmas. There is a possibility however that it'll take longer, which would shift the permanent move out to July. Fingers crossed that won't happen!

Half a million baht is not cheap, but if you value your time and have the cash then I can see how it makes sense. Not having to do Visa runs, deal with immigration and so on, is worth a lot in my book. I'm sure there are guys who will choke on their cornflakes reading your post and be thinking "But that's the equivalent of 500 STs !!"

500K Baht is not cheap from an upfront payment perspective as it ties in cash. However, if you do the math on the cash needed for visa runs when you're on an education or multiple entry tourist visa you'll find that there isn't much difference, bar the cash flow.

Regarding the 500 ST's: I've never been the type of guy that thinks in terms of 'or this or that', my thinking is usually 'and this and that'; which is why I fully intend to do those 500 ST's as well ;)

Edited by Youngone

Got mine this February just gone. It works out to about 8333 a month or around 273 a day. Sure it is a large up front payment but the convenience more than makes up for it.

One minor blessing of the Covid 19 situation is that we all got 6 month extensions for free which is worth 50K THB.

That's 260 USD a month...:o

I guess that's just for yourself. Or are family members included?

23 hours ago, Thanks said:

That's 260 USD a month...:o

I guess that's just for yourself. Or are family members included?

That is just for one person. There are some family options available though where children I believe are cheaper.

2 minutes ago, sjsharks said:

You have read wrong mate. There are many other benefits but whether or not they are useful depends on the individual and their circumstances. 

If you looking at the cost alone then sure it is expensive but it comes with the convenience of no border runs for at least 5 years if you don’t want to leave. If you do want to leave you can leave and come back anytime as it is multi entry. Can legally open bank account, get post paid accounts on your mobile and internet etc rather than prepaid. Assistance with Thai drivers license. 

Free limo to and from airport. They do your 90 day reporting for you. Large discounts at major stores and duty free which is good for big purchases.

This is not an exhaustive list.

thanks but I pay a small amount to renew my retirement visa each year, sometimes it's a work permit - an agent gets my 90-day reports stamped for free - no need to leave the country.
I walked into Bangkok Bank 2 weeks ago, they gave me a new a/c just by seeing my tourist visa. So basically I'm paying 60-65k over the 5 years and life is dandy.
 - but if you're under 50 or can't find a way to stay, I can see why people would pay that much. In special circumstances, sure.

I'm not sure of the value of this type of visa, although I note that the Elite Ultimate version costs over $100,000 AUD plus 20,000 Baht per year. So I guess the Privilege Entry Visa is a bargain by comparison!

Good luck with life in Thailand. I hope that it's all you hope for.

On 7/13/2020 at 1:05 PM, LBLover6969 said:

I'm not sure of the value of this type of visa, although I note that the Elite Ultimate version costs over $100,000 AUD plus 20,000 Baht per year. So I guess the Privilege Entry Visa is a bargain by comparison!

Good luck with life in Thailand. I hope that it's all you hope for.

It is actually more like $90K AUD but it is for 20 years so 4 times as long a Elite Easy Access.

12 hours ago, sjsharks said:

It is actually more like $90K AUD but it is for 20 years so 4 times as long a Elite Easy Access.

Good point about the visa length sjsharks. As to the cost, I think you forgot to add the compulsory fees you have to pay them on top. But what's 10K to the people likely to take up this visa? Not a lot I suspect.

38 minutes ago, LBLover6969 said:

Good point about the visa length sjsharks. As to the cost, I think you forgot to add the compulsory fees you have to pay them on top. But what's 10K to the people likely to take up this visa? Not a lot I suspect.

What compulsory fees? If you are referring to the 20K per year then your original quote included that as extras, so I was doing the same just stating that your 100k number was a little off. 

58 minutes ago, sjsharks said:

What compulsory fees? If you are referring to the 20K per year then your original quote included that as extras, so I was doing the same just stating that your 100k number was a little off. 

2,000,000 + 10% VAT = about $100K AUD.

if you have the money i think its a good deal . if you are happy to do all the running around with the visas then thats ok. you are buying sabai sabai .