Knobby

Best Street Food Nana Area

As title suggests am after suggestions and tips on the best street food stall in and around the Nana BTS station area.

Especially for a good thai breakfast meal.

Thanks

I recommend the street vendor directly across from New Wave bar (just past CIB on Soi 7). Everything I've tried there so far has been really good, but their papaya salad (Som Tom) is especially good. Me being the falang that I am I always tell them "no spicy", and it hits the spot every time. If you want to get some BBQ then go to Soi 4. Setup in front of Stumble Inn you'll find Un, and IMHO she makes the best BBQ around. If you're looking for a good desert the ice cream vendor at Dubai on Soi 4 (next to Hilary 2) can't be beat. 100B for a 3 scoop cone of some of the best ice cream I've had in a long time.

The "staple" food whilst in bkk .

I recommend the street vendor directly across from New Wave bar (just past CIB on Soi 7). Everything I've tried there so far has been really good, but their papaya salad (Som Tom) is especially good. Me being the falang that I am I always tell them "no spicy", and it hits the spot every time. If you want to get some BBQ then go to Soi 4. Setup in front of Stumble Inn you'll find Un, and IMHO she makes the best BBQ around. If you're looking for a good desert the ice cream vendor at Dubai on Soi 4 (next to Hilary 2) can't be beat. 100B for a 3 scoop cone of some of the best ice cream I've had in a long time.

I'd agree about the vendor at New Wave. Not cheap for streetfood but the portions are much larger. Chicken Fried Rice had a lot of chicken, maybe 2/3rds of a breast. Chicken & cashew nuts also had surprisingly high amount of Bell Peppers in it which is rare given the cost. Only downside is she is not always open every day and she starts in the evening. However one NOT to eat in is New Wave pub itself. Food is terrible, even the Thai food and vastly over priced for what it is.

Between soi 1 and soi 3 for a nice range of Thai street food. Soi 11 for khao man gai. Soi 4 near Nana for beef noodle soup.

Where on soi 11 is the Khao man gai place/cart? Quite partial to that and invariably end up at Pratunam intersection as never found anywhere remotely as good nearer.

Where on soi 11 is the Khao man gai place/cart? Quite partial to that and invariably end up at Pratunam intersection as never found anywhere remotely as good nearer.

Its nearer to the main sukhumvit road, on the right hand side of the road, right outside the first 7-11 you see. I dont think it opens in the afternoon as I have never seen it in the day, I have only been in the night after Nana closed and Maysa and Why from Charades took me there.

It's not much of a breakfast but the "Nana Burger" right in front of the entrance to Nana Plaza is delicious. The way they drench the extra sauce on top for your first bite, tasty!

I found a small area without farangs (nor Arabian) customers at the intersection of soi 3 and Phetchaburi road. the food is a little spicy. Every vendor has his own specialty : soups, sausage, vegetables etc ... I also saw a vendor of grilled cockroaches, grassshoppers and other insects.

I found a small area without farangs (nor Arabian) customers at the intersection of soi 3 and Phetchaburi road. the food is a little spicy. Every vendor has his own specialty : soups, sausage, vegetables etc ... I also saw a vendor of grilled cockroaches, grassshoppers and other insects.

Interesting you rate it up with the best street food .

I enjoyed the place. It's a typical corner with small Thai shops. I know that many farangs don't like these corners or daren't order there.

I didn't taste the grilled insects. I swore to go back there on the next evening, but I visited Khao San road on the next day and saw that insects were proposed to tourists. Khao San road meant for me all the BS proposed to farangs who don't want to mix with Thai people. I also had a big trouble with a spider bite, so I had other worriesthan exploring this corner.

Grilled insects aren't just for tourists. There's a market for them as a novelty - look what I did on my holiday- but you can find them in local markets. Crispy grasshoppers with mint leaves- very tasty!

Just outside Nana Plaza is my favourite place for Thai noodle soup (guai tiau / ก๋วยเตี๋ยว), normally they set up around 6 p.m.

Order the standard soup, but incl. the freshly made dumplings. Get there early, usally the dumpling sell out fast. :hubbahubba::Eating:

Grilled insects aren't just for tourists. There's a market for them as a novelty - look what I did on my holiday- but you can find them in local markets. Crispy grasshoppers with mint leaves- very tasty!

having had a few insects shared by a few generous gurls , i can vouch for the grasshoppers not being too bad at all . :)

On my last trip I found a nice place for some breakfast.

From Soi 11 half way up on the left as you come off the Sukhumvit Road was a great stall doing some really tasty congee

Saturday night and a few beers in, taking a break from watching football and with no bar food available at Citrus I've wandered down soi 4. Found this street stall opposite the pharmacy next to BK Bar. 100b for a plate of chicken & green beans in chilli paste with rice. Just enough to help me kick on. Beer available too. 

20181028_001702.jpg

For great Thai breakfast food that is really cheap, just walk on Soi 4 toward Sukhumvit and turn left. Don't cross the intersection, just turn left at the corner with the 7/11 and gas station. Walk past the 7/11/gas station and keep walking for a while and you'll see the breakfast street food stalls right there on the sidewalk. Not sure what time they open and close down. I woke up at like 7 am after my first night here (and an amazing session with the illustrious Milly) and was hungry and couldn't get back to sleep. I walked out to Sukhumvit, cut left and ran right into all this amazing Thai breakfast food and couldn't resist. I took some to go, went back to my hotel and smashed it to the face. I went back to sleep and woke up just before check out. What a way to start a trip. 

Best advice is go to the ground level of the shopping arcades , Robinson is around about soi 15

there you can purchase coupons and choose from about 20 different stalls all doing proper Thai food for Thai's.

You can cash back what coupons you dont use. This applies in pretty much all shopping centres and arcades.

You wont get better choice or value.

1 minute ago, The Dick said:

For great Thai breakfast food that is really cheap, just walk on Soi 4 toward Sukhumvit and turn left. Don't cross the intersection, just turn left at the corner with the 7/11 and gas station. Walk past the 7/11/gas station and keep walking for a while and you'll see the breakfast street food stalls right there on the sidewalk. Not sure what time they open and close down. I woke up at like 7 am after my first night here (and an amazing session with the illustrious Milly) and was hungry and couldn't get back to sleep. I walked out to Sukhumvit, cut left and ran right into all this amazing Thai breakfast food and couldn't resist. I took some to go, went back to my hotel and smashed it to the face. I went back to sleep and woke up just before check out. What a way to start a trip. 

It was like 50 baht or something ridiculously cheap. 

1 minute ago, taaseesanuk said:

Best advice is go to the ground level of the shopping arcades , Robinson is around about soi 15

there you can purchase coupons and choose from about 20 different stalls all doing proper Thai food for Thai's.

You can cash back what coupons you dont use. This applies in pretty much all shopping centres and arcades.

You wont get better choice or value.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a shopping arcade?

2 minutes ago, The Dick said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a shopping arcade?

i should of perhaps said shopping centre as it is one building where as an arcade is generally a row or precinct....sorry for the confusion!

1 minute ago, taaseesanuk said:

i should of perhaps said shopping centre as it is one building where as an arcade is generally a row or precinct....sorry for the confusion!

OK, I understand. Yeah, I've discovered these recently and they are great. I needed some clothes, so I've been shopping around at the different shopping centers and didn't expect to find such amazing and cheap food at a shopping mall. The one on the 6th floor at MBK is amazing. I'll stop there if I'm in the area now, just to eat.

1 minute ago, The Dick said:

OK, I understand. Yeah, I've discovered these recently and they are great. I needed some clothes, so I've been shopping around at the different shopping centers and didn't expect to find such amazing and cheap food at a shopping mall. The one on the 6th floor at MBK is amazing. I'll stop there if I'm in the area now, just to eat.

I love Thai food and I can do spicy but at the same time I don't want to get overly brave and ruin a night of LB and GG action!! A dose of the shits when every night is precious

is not cool!