Knobby

Best Street Food Nana Area

Forgive me if already mentioned but with so many BM's heading out next month I have three favourite places for good food at sensible prices.

1, Just at the begining of Soi 3/1 you will find this old time classic street food style restaurant...it is fair to say that it is spit and saw dust but it does superb fresh food

and with an astonishing choice of fayre. Prices are really cheap in the 100-150 baht range. The table arrangements are communal but don't be put off as the food and fruit shakes are superb

2, The Bus stop restaurant on soi 4, same side as hooters and around 50 meters further down. Good mid-range choices of Euro/Thai food with decent service. Plenty of seating and a decent place to go with your partner of choice without breaking the 1000 baht level.

3, I know that The Dick spoke glowingly about eateries in Khao San Road, I went over there for old times sake to see if any of the old haunts from the 1980/90's were still around.

Not much of them places left but the eateries there are excellent and abundant....superb value in comparison to Sukhumvit and a nice change of scene.

1 hour ago, taaseesanuk said:

Forgive me if already mentioned but with so many BM's heading out next month I have three favourite places for good food at sensible prices.

1, Just at the begining of Soi 3/1 you will find this old time classic street food style restaurant...it is fair to say that it is spit and saw dust but it does superb fresh food

and with an astonishing choice of fayre. Prices are really cheap in the 100-150 baht range. The table arrangements are communal but don't be put off as the food and fruit shakes are superb

2, The Bus stop restaurant on soi 4, same side as hooters and around 50 meters further down. Good mid-range choices of Euro/Thai food with decent service. Plenty of seating and a decent place to go with your partner of choice without breaking the 1000 baht level.

3, I know that The Dick spoke glowingly about eateries in Khao San Road, I went over there for old times sake to see if any of the old haunts from the 1980/90's were still around.

Not much of them places left but the eateries there are excellent and abundant....superb value in comparison to Sukhumvit and a nice change of scene.

Thanks for the suggestions Taas.

One of my favourite things about BKK is eating at recommended street food places that dont result in the Aztec Two-step.

Cammy also had a great suggestion and I've been to that place just up soi 11 for noodles with quite a few of the LBs after their shifts end and prior to loom escapades.

A great additional go-to I like to use during the day is the 24 hour restaurant at the New Business Inn on Soi 11, thats always a decent place for low cost and it has AC.

Cheers

SAG

3 hours ago, SAGuy said:

Thanks for the suggestions Taas.

One of my favourite things about BKK is eating at recommended street food places that dont result in the Aztec Two-step.

Cammy also had a great suggestion and I've been to that place just up soi 11 for noodles with quite a few of the LBs after their shifts end and prior to loom escapades.

A great additional go-to I like to use during the day is the 24 hour restaurant at the New Business Inn on Soi 11, thats always a decent place for low cost and it has AC.

Cheers

SAG

Get yourself a late night coffee at Holly's SAG, always a good sprinkling of talent....not completely Freelancers as the gogo's girls often head for there after shift. coffee is better than average also.

5 hours ago, taaseesanuk said:

Get yourself a late night coffee at Holly's SAG, always a good sprinkling of talent....not completely Freelancers as the gogo's girls often head for there after shift. coffee is better than average also.

Thanks Taas

I know Holly's well as its the best place to stop for a coffee in that area. I have also passed it late at night, but never been in then. If I have to resort to Plan B, I'll give it a go around the changing of the shift time.

It adds new meaning to "would you like a shot with your coffee sir?"

Cheers

SAG