This information may be dated and irrelevant, but since I'm dated and irrelevant it seems to satisfy me. This is a link to the Microsoft store to download some of their toys. On this page you'll find an image resizer download. After you download it you can highlight a photo or every photo you have, right click, and go to resize photos, and resize to small, medium or large. It's the fastest and easiest way I've found to resize. Unfortunately, this is for Windows XP. Doesn't work for Vista and I don't know about Windows 7. I run both XP and Vista, but use the XP system to resize everything because it's so easy. I think I size to medium, which is perfect for posting on the forum.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

RR

I downloaded this, I use XP, but get no resize option when I right-click on my pix. Then again, I am a techno-idiot:huh:

I downloaded this, I use XP, but get no resize option when I right-click on my pix. Then again, I am a techno-idiot:huh:

Double click on the pic, that brings it up in gallery mode. Tool bar top right says open, single click that and a drop down menu appears, select microsoft office picture manager. Go to edit photos, a side bar will appear, at the bottom of the sidebar, click compress photos. Then you have choices, documents or web pages will work for posting to the forum.

Double click on the pic, that brings it up in gallery mode. Tool bar top right says open, single click that and a drop down menu appears, select microsoft office picture manager. Go to edit photos, a side bar will appear, at the bottom of the sidebar, click compress photos. Then you have choices, documents or web pages will work for posting to the forum.

I can do that, which works ok, but the download doesn't work as described, at least for me. My main problem posting (and viewing) pix on the forum is my marginally capable internet. It can take an hour to open some posts if large pix are attached:angry:

I highlight the picture with the left click and then once it's highlighted I right click for the menu. The same thing works for me by just left clicking on the picture. The first option is Open, second is print, third is edit and fourth is resize pictures. That's what you select.

I can't explain why it doesn't work for you. Maybe it didn't download correctly. You might try downloading it again. I downloaded this several years ago. I think it is easier and faster than going to a photo program. It will give you the resized plus preserve your original.

RR

Edited by rackenrobbier

My main problem posting (and viewing) pix on the forum is my marginally capable internet. It can take an hour to open some posts if large pix are attached

My mobile connection is pretty slow, especially if I'm in the car. In that case, I just set my browser to not DL photos, and everything works much better. Of course if I want to see a photo, I must right-click on it, but it's a small price to pay for greatly increased loading times.

Just noticed this thread, and thought I'd pitch in.

Please take a look at FastStone Photo Resizer, or FSResizer, at http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

It is free, advert-free etc., and is really powerful. Can resize, rename, and do all sorts, to single or multiple files. The resize options are truly great - you can do by percentage, or specify the pixels for the largest side. Best of all is it's pretty simple and quick to pick up...