oliver17

Hotel Guest Policies for Ladyboys

On 5/14/2015 at 2:28 PM, Richard bkk said:

When I first started traveling to bkk for holiday from America, I too was concerned about LB hotel policy. I now live here on a retirement visa and have a better perspective of this issue. From an economic point, it only makes sense for hotels to allow LBs to their properties. 99% of hotels in the Nana area allow this. All the hotels require is for the "guest" to register at the hotel desk with their ID card. This applies to both GGs or LBs. Now that I live here, and people know me, I would not think of bringing a "guest" to my condo for fear of embarrassment by my neighbors. Accordingly, I make good use of the many "short-time" rooms in the area. Only 300 baht for up to 2 hours. No fuss no muss, and it is safer as you don't have to keep looking over your shoulder to see if your stuff isn't stolen. So my point is this: As a tourist, which many of the readers of this site are, just get a short-time room for crying out loud! What's the big deal! The real question you should be asking is where is the closest ST room to where I usually frequent.

Hi I was wondering if you would be so good as to give me a list of short time rooms or tell me where I can find a list thanks you do make sense   

13 hours ago, yaikram said:

Hi I was wondering if you would be so good as to give me a list of short time rooms or tell me where I can find a list thanks you do make sense   

Short time hotels are all over lower Sukhumvit area. Any freelance or bar LB you go with will know where all the ST hotels are, and she will take you to the closest one. 

The PB Hotel over near Bumrungrad is a big favorite with many LBs. 

Just to add to Olivers suggestion....

The PB Hotel is down soi 3 on the right hand side and is next to the sub soi that runs all of the way up to soi 11. (Thanks - this is another example of a cut-out soi that can be used to avoid the more crowded Sukhumvit. The upside is that it is very straight. The downside is that there is no pavement, so can be 'dicey' at night if there are cars).

Anyway, back to the PB. It is actually 2 businesses. On the left is the low rise 'love motel' with the curtains to hide the car registrations and on the right is the main hotel. 

I'd recommend the main hotel, as its THB 100-200 more expensive, but in better condition.

From memory you get 2 towels and soap and its for 2 hours. They call you when the time is up.

It was a clean and efficient place, so not a bad option, if ST places, rather than your own hotel, are your thing.

Cheers

SAG

P.S. The PB alludes to Play Boy!

1 hour ago, SAGuy said:

The PB Hotel is down soi 3 on the right hand side and is next to the sub soi that runs all of the way up to soi 11. (Thanks - this is another example of a cut-out soi that can be used to avoid the more crowded Sukhumvit. The upside is that it is very straight. The downside is that there is no pavement, so can be 'dicey' at night if there are cars).

Anyway, back to the PB. It is actually 2 businesses. On the left is the low rise 'love motel' with the curtains to hide the car registrations and on the right is the main hotel. 

I'd recommend the main hotel, as its THB 100-200 more expensive, but in better condition.

From memory you get 2 towels and soap and its for 2 hours. They call you when the time is up.

It was a clean and efficient place, so not a bad option, if ST places, rather than your own hotel, are your thing.

Cheers

SAG

would that be A convenient place for the German beer garden ST action then SAG?

On 8/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, taaseesanuk said:

would that be A convenient place for the German beer garden ST action then SAG?

LOL@Taas.

Yes! In the old days when my tastes ran more to GG, the PB Hotel was my go to after a pick up from the Bier Garten on soi 7.

It's just a 5 minute stroll around the corner to soi 3 

Plus you get the fun of watching our middle Eastern chums late night activities on soi 3.

I used to stay on soi 11 and so it was an easy walk back to the hotel from the PB also. 

Saying that, there's lots of ST places around soi 7, but I'm a creature of habit!

Cheers 

SAG

I stayed at the Hansar Hotel a few years ago which is pretty upscale. I never had a problem with LB's, although plenty of high fives from the parking crew haha (seriously). I don't know if anything has changed. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, oliver17 said:

Short time hotels are all over lower Sukhumvit area. Any freelance or bar LB you go with will know where all the ST hotels are, and she will take you to the closest one. 

The PB Hotel over near Bumrungrad is a big favorite with many LBs. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, SAGuy said:

Cheers

SAG

I have frequented PB hotels a lot and the main building is not clean at all anymore. The reason staff hurries to get to the room is to turn on the lights before you see all the bugs dissapearing into their holes. I had the misfortunate to enter first and that made me run down and get my money back.

If I have to use PB I now use the low rise building on the left (entering from Soi 11). The beds are also waterproof if you want to pitch the kinky up a bit.

As you maybe know but Majestic Grande (Soi 2) is rebranded as BoubleTree by Hilton.

i send them a email about their guest (ladyboy) policy and they replied within 24 hours back to me.

No problem and no charge but they have to leave ID at reception.

good news :-) 

Do hotels enforce an above 21 year old rule for guests ?

Some like Dynasty Grande it is over 20 years of age but most is over 21. Sensible either way as you don’t want to be caught with a minor. Taking ID’s at reception seems a sensible precaution. Not only because for some LB’s it’s impossible to tell their age, but the phone call from reception to your room in the morning asking is everything OK before they hand back the ID is an added security.

Funny, I’ve stayed recently for three weeks at both the Landmark and the Mercure on Soi 11 and never once was my companion for the night asked to show her ID. You would think for that standard of hotel it would be compulsory. Maybe they don’t want the girls around the reception at check out time. They want the guests business, but turn a blind eye to their activities.