Rodrigo

Tablets for sale in Thailand

Here is the website for a Hua Hin store. It looks like they have a big selection of stuff, but if this is indicative

of eletronics pricing in LOS, you probably won't find many bargains there:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/brand/samsung/tablets/

I think its a myth that electronics are inherently cheaper in Asia than in the west. They always seem to cost the

same or even more there. I have noticed this when shopping in Japan and S. Korea and even China.

Invadeit is a good store for purchasing electronics with some of the best prices around.

As you can see, it's still more expensive than the west, it is indeed a total myth at least when applied to Thailand.

Lazada is also pretty good online store and occasionally has the odd bargain for some items which make the prices semi competitive with the west.

Outside of maybe Hong Kong, it's significantly more expensive to buy electronics in most of Asia than in most western countries.

The US in particular really gets outstanding deals compared to over here.

If you find something cheaper than the west, it's fake.

There's a lot of cheap fake shit over here which is probably where the myth comes from.

I think the myth Oliver refers to dates back to the Vietnam era before globalization. I remember a couple of guys coming back from Vietnam during the war with all kinds of 'deals'. Most companies now command the same prices globally.

Apple's Thailand website offers products for the same price as USA ...only in THB. In the USA, Apple does require each retailer to sell above a certain price point. I would assume this is global.

Yup, for the last few years the cheapest place for me to buy brand name electronics was in the US. The recent rise in the USD has altered that somewhat but overall it's still the best and I tend to buy things like tablets when I am in the US.

BKK is on avg no cheaper then most western countries on most electronics. You might find some good run out deals "BUT watch out for fakes"

HK is still the best place in Asia for getting good prices on the latest stuff.