Nick Bullseye

Phone numbers starting with 06

I see now Thai phone numbers starting with 06. E.g., 0611... , 0619..., 0622..., etc. Did they start to distribute SIMs with such numbers in Thailand recently?

Remark1: It is NOT 0066... (international prefix for Thailand)!

Remark2: I do have the whole number, just do not want to write it, since there are usually "wise" persons who immediately try to call that number. I do not want my correspondents disturbed by spam calls.

Thanks in advance.

I wonder if this a way for telecos to easily implement the registration of SIM cards. Did't everybody have to show ID for cell registration before July of last year? Maybe as time rolls on using the 06 is a way to account for numbers registered.

I wonder if this a way for telecos to easily implement the registration of SIM cards. Did't everybody have to show ID for cell registration before July of last year? Maybe as time rolls on using the 06 is a way to account for numbers registered.

Don't think so as when I went to a DTAC service centre to enable a data bundle when I was over in March they asked me to register as my sim would not work after July this year. I have an 086 number. They took a copy of my passport and I got a text to say I was registered. I did not get a new number.

I guess

I'm not sure this is accurate.

I have a 09* number and i'm with True (the link says i should be with DTAC).

Yeah I guess it's just old information. As Davvid says above, he got a new sim with a 06 number from DTAC so looks like my suggestion about VOIP is wrong.