Sign in to follow this  
Siam Man

Na Thapae Hotel Chiang Mai

Na Thapae http://www.nathapae.com/ I actually booked through Agoda which was cheaper than the Na Thape website.

I found out about this hotel when I stayed next door at P21. It's a bit older I think and it's cheaper. Na thapae is classified as a Boutique hotel. It doesn't have the free mini bar like P21. The location is just behind Raming lodge which is located in between the Thapae gate and Loh Kroh Road which is where the nightlife is. It's tucked away so it's actually pretty quite and no real traffic to speak of except for slow travelling vehicles down the winding road. They have ground floor rooms unlike P21 which is what I requested and got to eliminate stair climbs. The reception is only open from 7 until midnight so if you have late arrival or early departure you need to let them know ahead of time.

The reception ladies are very nice and accommodating. One of them I think is Indian whose English is excellent. No breakfast option, but is so close to some really inexpensive and good places to eat anytime of day. I rented a motorbike which you can park out front. There are two security guards who hang around out front during the evenings. One is P21 and the other is for Na Thapae.

The biggest drawback for me was the hot water unit on the wall. Those things never get warm enough or keep warm enough for me. Could have been worse if it was cold. Their is also no safe in the room. There is lock boxes up front. I paid 1200 baht a night. I think P21 was about 1500 a night for this same time. I really like this location, so either hotel would do for me. there is a small laundry just two doors down from Na Thapae. A little old Thai lady runs it and it's only 30 baht a kilo which means you can travel very light. I would take her something each day and pick up the previous day. I went back to BKK with everything clean.

Guest friendly no matter how many you have.

IMG_3790.JPG

IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

A couple more of the front of Na Thapae. Has a little courtyard out front before going into reception.

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

I'm staying there right now. Good location, nice staff and totally guest friendly.

I'm in a deluxe room on second floor and have breakfast included but I would not recommended the breakfast option. Hot water OK, not from unit in the room. There is a small safe in the room but not big enough to fit a 13" laptop. 2000 thb/night according to hotel web site but I think it was a little bit cheaper when I made the reservation through Agoda around first week of december.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

01.jpg

I'm staying there right now. Good location, nice staff and totally guest friendly.

I'm in a deluxe room on second floor and have breakfast included but I would not recommended the breakfast option. Hot water OK, not from unit in the room. There is a small safe in the room but not big enough to fit a 13" laptop. 2000 thb/night according to hotel web site but I think it was a little bit cheaper when I made the reservation through Agoda around first week of december.

attachicon.gifDSC_0001.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0002.jpg

attachicon.gif01.jpg

Nice work Fred. Great to see the deluxe room. Looks like the bathroom is bigger, a couple of chairs, a wardrobe and more spacious than the room I had on ground floor. I didn't realize they had breakfast, wasn't included in my price. Where do they serve it?

I think I recognize the ladyboy in your wardrobe. Is that Minnie from Shamrock Bar?

Nice work Fred. Great to see the deluxe room. Looks like the bathroom is bigger, a couple of chairs, a wardrobe and more spacious than the room I had on ground floor. I didn't realize they had breakfast, wasn't included in my price. Where do they serve it?

I think I recognize the ladyboy in your wardrobe. Is that Minnie from Shamrock Bar?

Breakfast is served on second floor. They make your choice of eggs/omelette on demand, toasted bread, tea and juice. Good if you wake up early feeling hungry and want a quick meal and then back to bed but otherwise I prefer the options outside.

Yes, it's Minnie but she is in the new bar at the night bazar now. Very slow at that bar area most nights the bars are pretty much empty.