Sign in to follow this  
Bucket14

President Palace on Soi 11 (Updated 2015)

I normally stay at the Dynasty Grande on Soi 6 but feel like a change next time, at least at the front of the trip. Does anyone know if the President Palace on Soi 11 is Ladyboy friendly?

I looked it up on Guestfriendlyhotel.com and it appears on their list, I assume that includes Ladyboys? Can't see this Hotel mentioned in the Hotel review section here, only the GP.

My next trip isn't till the end of April, but I thought I might book now while the Aussie dollar is still over eighty cents US.

The nice well paid gentleman at the Reserve Bank of Australia want the Aussie dollar at around 75 cents (US) I believe, and have tried talking it down all year! :No No Tut Tut:

Does anyone know if the President Palace on Soi 11 is Ladyboy friendly?

100% Ladyboy friendly. Jolski usually stays there so PM him on the LBP board if you need more info...

100% Ladyboy friendly. Jolski usually stays there so PM him on the LBP board if you need more info...

Thanks mate, I'll send him a pm asap.

I concur with Jolski.....stayed there Feb 24- March 1. Very comfortable and close to so many good eating places. No problems bringing in ladyboys. Brought one every nite of my stay. No extra charge....te security takes the gurl's id..no questions asked...and always calls the room to make sure all is well before giving back the id to the gurl......WISH I WAS THERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Jolski has nailed this place in post # 4 above but I'll add a few (minor) observations from my recent 2 week stay which may or may not be relevant to future patrons.

The sun lounges are among the most uncomfortable I have every used with a bar under the lower portion right where your lower back settles.

If you get a rear facing room morning sun may wake you as while the curtains are blackout they have gaps around the edges

If you like a bit of fibre in your breakfast of the wholemeal bread or muesli variety buy some at Villa down the road

Good information gents, I have been staying at Dynasty Grande for the last 5-6 years (they have a decent pool you can swim lengths in) but got bored of it at last, time for a new location. Have booked Hotel Solo on Soi 2 for 2 nights start of trip (recommended by One True Saxon I think), and this hotel for 3 nights at end of trip.

This forum is a wealth of information!

IMHO.

President better location unless you never venture beyond Soi 4. Rooms a little bigger at President maybe but similar standard of fit out and Aspen has kitchenette . President pool and gym superior. Breakfast similar. Tuk Tuk at Aspen none at President. Starbucks in lobby of President handy. President has individual modems in rooms and speed OK, can't remember speed at Aspen. Aspen usually a little cheaper.

Stayed here last week. Initially it was a disaster as we though the deluxe rooms were the better but found out it was a dump. Eventually paid and upgraded to tower wing two where they had separate living room and a kitchenette. It was fairly spacey.

The service was bad at the front desk though. I do not know what is happening in bkk with their service now?

Soi 11 is not my kind of street and my kind of tourists or guests. Otherwise its not a bad hotel to stay.

Just a heads up for anyone considering a stay here. Word from the former Night manager is that it will close late October / early November for a 5 star fit out. Maybe 12 months or more. Not known if Starbucks and the restaurant will make it through the refit.