mardhi

BKK 7 INN (Soi 7, sukhumvit) - Above Check-In Bar

This is the newly refurbished hotel that sits on top of the new Check-in Bar. It is a no bells and whistles joint for sure. It is though, a) Cheap b) Central c) Clean.

There are 24 rooms spread over 2 floors. All the fittings are new such as beds, linen, pillows, aircon, shower heaters etc. The floor is painted with the stuff you see in car dealerships - it actually works surprisingly enough.

The prices seem to vary from 800b to 1100b. I have stayed twice now and paid 900b first time, then 800b second time. No idea why that was. The hotel is currently NOT BUSY - you could just walk up and get a room.

There are no other facilities and I do not remember seeing an in room safe. I will ask him about that when I next go to the bar, as for many it will be important. You do get noise from Country Road which is below some rooms (that is the live music bar next to Check in). If important, ask for a room over Check in bar. Last time I stayed, the room was over Country road and I had no problem - but then I was not trying to get some sleep at midnight.

10354608_559004747549530_865547609652296

10300421_559004814216190_165077834842038

10342795_559004840882854_905876530643359

Nice one mardhi! Much needed. :clap:

Offers a good option for those who may not have booked ahead to just walk up and get a low cost stay/

Thanks for the info. Looks quite nice but for me it seems more like a very basic hotel you can stay in for only a day or 2 if you are only staying in BKK for a few days or want some time to find a hotel with better facilities. Dont think i would stay there for 1-2 weeks. Location is perfect though.

This is the newly refurbished hotel that sits on top of the new Check-in Bar. It is a no bells and whistles joint for sure. It is though, a) Cheap b) Central c) Clean.

There are 24 rooms spread over 2 floors. All the fittings are new such as beds, linen, pillows, aircon, shower heaters etc. The floor is painted with the stuff you see in car dealerships - it actually works surprisingly enough.

The prices seem to vary from 800b to 1100b. I have stayed twice now and paid 900b first time, then 800b second time. No idea why that was. The hotel is currently NOT BUSY - you could just walk up and get a room.

There are no other facilities and I do not remember seeing an in room safe. I will ask him about that when I next go to the bar, as for many it will be important. You do get noise from Country Road which is below some rooms (that is the live music bar next to Check in). If important, ask for a room over Check in bar. Last time I stayed, the room was over Country road and I had no problem - but then I was not trying to get some sleep at midnight.

10354608_559004747549530_865547609652296

10300421_559004814216190_165077834842038

10342795_559004840882854_905876530643359

This would give new meaning to ordering room service. "Ring Ring.... can you please send up some Bee honey and put the Som on my bill?"

hotel have a website?

I doubt it - its not that kind of set-up. For now, no problem with just walking up. Aside from few short times, I doubt they have ever had 3 rooms occupied thus far.

Is it able to enter discretely without going passed cib? Only wonder as iwould want to take some non bar lbs there and would rather they dont know that i go to lb bars

Is it able to enter discretely without going passed cib? Only wonder as iwould want to take some non bar lbs there and would rather they dont know that i go to lb bars

The hotel has two entrances, one via CIB and the other one via soi 7, so no need to pass CIB to get to your room although some of CIB's lovelies can from time to time be found lounging around in the small reception area..

Edited by Youngone

Would they not put 2 & 2 together anyway if the short time rooms are above a ladyboy bar ????

just back from bkk and patts

stayed dynasty grande soi 6

one night back tower shithouse with no water pressure

about 2200 no brekkie

not happy

back for 4 nights

front building smoking big rooms

2200 no brekkie again but free upgrade

much better

NB to all this is just my preferred range

patts report on sister forum

Maybe best to put that review in the dynasty inn grande hotel thread ?

Maybe best to put that review in the dynasty inn grande hotel thread ?

My work is never done. :handplant:

Strange he went back there after reporting it had gone downhill and another hotel was much better. Dynasty thread

I stayed in one of the rooms, as per Mardhis description it did the job, real basic but new. Shower was nice and hot. Lack of room safe would be a deal breaker for many.

What is up with the short time rooms not having any soap? I have used the rooms multiple times and each time, no soap.

How about a wall dispenser for the liquid type......please......

I was quite impressed with the soap when I found it. Does not seem to be a regular bar of soap but one of two little bottles - one is shampoo, one is shower gel but I found them in the room itself on a tray, next to drinking glasses and loo roll. However that was when i stayed overnight, so they may spec the 'extra's' differently.

Check out this hotel thread in the hotel section. BKK 7 Inn It's the rooms above Check In Bar.

So if you wanted to go ST would you need to pay 800 to 1000 baht too for a room or is there a discount rate?

So if you wanted to go ST would you need to pay 800 to 1000 baht too for a room or is there a discount rate?

I think 800-1000 is the overnight price.

If you want a room for a ST it's 500 (unless it has changed since August)

any pics of the rooms ?

i intent to spend 3 days in C.I.B and i want to be toooo close. I like almost all the ladies there. i plan to have 2 ST and 1 LT for every day

i'm not interested in visiting other venues

I appreciate that

It is a very basic hotel . It is directly above CIB bar . They use it for short time rooms . Really isn't anything to photograph . A small room with a bed with a very basic shower toilet . ( sorry don't have photos )