Sign in to follow this  
rouke

Hotel Price Alert!

Hi BMs FYI

for the budget travellers, saw an offer on Tune Asoke currently has a Flash Deal Limited Time Offer which includes 70% discount for their smallest rooms

http://www.agoda.com/tune-hotel-asoke-bangkok/hotel/bangkok-th.html

I did a check on the cheapest rooms in July are between 17 ~ 30 SGD or 13 ~23 USD depending on which day you choose.

Checked from the internet hey are bargirl friendly

Just to note, room size is 14 sq m. and max 2 person in the room. If you are thinking of gang bang with multiple ladyboys, I dont think this would fit you

for BMs who are planning for a trip to the LOS, you may find a slightly better discount from the Agoda website as compared to before.

Did a random check and found Boss Suites Nana around $43 SGD o($ 34 USD) in August and Ibis Bangkok Nana around the same price in Sept and Oct.

Agoda sale.jpg

Edited by rouke

Tune Asoke Hotel

Previously, I had advised BMs on the fantastic 70% discount offer of Tune Asoke Hotel.

Right now, I would advise any BMs to reconsider before getting Tune hotel rooms unless it is really very cheap and you have no other choice.

Pros

New Hotel, new room, very clean

Wifi is good

Strong Water flow in toilet

flat screen TV

No smoking hotel ( for non smokers)

Good air con

Cons

small, think Di Place Hotel rooms.

Excluding the toilet/shower area, just imagine a queen size bed with 50 cm or less than 2 foot walking space on both side and the front of the bed, that is how big the room is. If you have a big luggage bag, you may end up putting that in the toilet area

No telephone :handplant:

imagine if you make out with any bar girl, how does the below staff make sure there are no issues when the girl is leaving? Well, they don't, as there are no telephone to call you!

No complimentary drinks

This is ok for me, I can just go to the nearest mart of supermarket to buy which is incidentally 600 metres away, or you can buy bottled drinks from the counter which is almost bar rate except there are no bar girls to serve you

No smoking hotel (for smokers, it is going to cost you as fine of 2000 baht if you smoke within the hotel :_smokelots: ).

No fridge.

Only shampoo, no shower gel. There is a piece of hand soap.

No cup, no glass

Check in time 2 pm

Check out time 11 am

Early Check in cost 200 baht

Deposit of luggage cost 50 baht per item

Late check out time till 2 pm cost 120 baht

Room

20140725_142604.jpg

Not sure why they need a fan as the room is very small, aircon is good enough, might as well invest money for internal phone system.

20140725_142650.jpg

TV

20140725_142749.jpg

On wall foldable laptop table

20140725_143044.jpg

20140725_144327.jpg

safe is big enough to put laptop in

20140725_150024.jpg

I remember when they launched this chain, that aircon was NOT included in the room rate - so you had to pay extra if you wanted it. Presumably the fan is free ?

I could well imagine in Thailand, no aircon room at these rates is not going to be popular with customers. Maybe they now just included it and left the fans there.

Edited by mardhi

Hi Mardhi, fan is free for use, although I would turn it off as it is bizarrely cold with aircon and fan running at the same time,

Maybe they intend to keep polars bears in the room, oh wait, polar bears cannot stay in the room as it is too small :P