Geronimo42

AirBNB

This company acts as agents for a number of apartment owners and I thought that I would try one of the Bangkok apartments instead of my usual suite at the GRand President.

I booked and paid for 15 days on the 34th floor of the State Tower down near the river. The reviews were nearly all excellent and the photographs were great. The view from the 34th balcony was fabulous.

I arrived at 8pm and boy was I dissapointed! Dingey and grubby and in need of immediate attention. One air con only just worked and the other sounded as if it was suffering from a terminal illness. The bed was so soft it nearly enveloped me. This was not a cheap apartment. There were four chipped and unmatched mugs in the so called kitchen and that was it. The kitchen and bathroom cupboards wwere full of old boxes, polystyrene and general shit and hadn't been cleaned out since Noah's day.. Granted the view was great, but I dont visit Bkk for the hotel views.

I rang the Grand President that night and they gave me a great deal on a newly refurbed suite, so first thing next morning I was out. I did my money but who cares. I had a comfortable suite for the rest of my stay. The stay at the GP cost the same as the apartment(?)

Beware if you are considering this type of accomodation. I'll stick to hotels and well know serviced apartments in the future.

This company acts as agents for a number of apartment owners and I thought that I would try one of the Bangkok apartments instead of my usual suite at the GRand President.

I booked and paid for 15 days on the 34th floor of the State Tower down near the river. The reviews were nearly all excellent and the photographs were great. The view from the 34th balcony was fabulous.

I arrived at 8pm and boy was I dissapointed! Dingey and grubby and in need of immediate attention. One air con only just worked and the other sounded as if it was suffering from a terminal illness. The bed was so soft it nearly enveloped me. This was not a cheap apartment. There were four chipped and unmatched mugs in the so called kitchen and that was it. The kitchen and bathroom cupboards wwere full of old boxes, polystyrene and general shit and hadn't been cleaned out since Noah's day.. Granted the view was great, but I dont visit Bkk for the hotel views.

I rang the Grand President that night and they gave me a great deal on a newly refurbed suite, so first thing next morning I was out. I did my money but who cares. I had a comfortable suite for the rest of my stay. The stay at the GP cost the same as the apartment(?)

Beware if you are considering this type of accomodation. I'll stick to hotels and well know serviced apartments in the future.

thanks for the review, sorry to hear about your shit rental. i think its important to say that ABB is not a local agent and they are an international web-based one. one way to describe it that BMs may relate to is that its like a Thaifriendly.com for apartments, condos, and homes. so much depends on an honest listing and accurate photos.

a friend of mine took one in the Onut area and said it was fantastic.

care to post a link to that listing on ABB? similar to any other intel posted here i think the membership would like to know the full story so they can avoid the place.

so much of the ABB "experience" all depends on the owners listing an honest representation of their place, what was the nationality of the owner.

also on ABB members leaving proper reviews is crucial, and also informing the ABB people that the advert is suspect. what were the reveiws/comments? did you leave a critical review?

i used ABB in Barcelona last October and it was an aspect of my holiday that made it all the more fantastic and allowed me a lot more budget for my holiday that was not spent on accommodation. the place i stayed in was immaculate, modern, and the owner who was also there was so helpful and and friendly. using ABB afforded me 14 days in Barca instead of the original 4 i was going to go for simp0ly becuase i saved that much on my room.

i think it may be more accurate to slag off that particular owner you dealt with and not ABB on the whole.

Was thinking of booking from an apartment on my next visit to BKK as it's gonna be a long trip. Would probably opt for some,thing out of town to get the more local feel to it. ST rooms gonna play the part on Nana ventures and back to apartment for the keepers.

https://m.airbnb.com.au/listings/784842

I would however not book airbnb in bkk unless I had actually seen the apartment. This last fiasco cost me 1000AUD. So sorry "once bitten twice shy"

To answer your question regarding posting a critical review on their website, no I haven't as yet.

sorry to be a pain in the ass but when i click on the link i get "Forbidden" and i am logged on to ABB ... would you have the listings title/description ((ex: 1 BR apartment, river view&near BTS) so i can search it on ABB? there seems to be a conflict or no redirect between .com and .com.au.

thanks in advance for the help.

No problem. I just checked the link and word fine from aus so yes must be conflict with .com

The heading is 1br-river view-state tower- wifi 36. Hosted by Kevin, a really nice guy but his apartment was not! When you locate the listing check the review dated 13/14 march. The guy mentions a few things I noticed also but did not include in my post. Have fun!!

Link doesn't work for me here in Australia.

Try this one BKKladyboy : https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/784842

It does look ok from the pics. Just goes to show how looks can be deceiving.

I think you did the right thing by getting out of there rather than spending your holiday annoyed about the room you are in.

Yeah i agree , nothing worse than being pissed off with your accom .

thanks for the link.

i just looked at the listing and he gets mostly great reviews. some folks say its a bit worn, etc, but for the most part only a few complained.

one guy does and this was the reply the owner posted:

Simply not true, nice during the stay and afterwards end up writing review like this. Other reviews proofs itself and the washing machine and there's a spininin mode that is like the dryer. If it was so bad you can always cancel the reservation, I believed I offered you all the services I can offer and you did enjoy it. You stayed for total 11 days with me and you can always cancel and get your money back. Please do not write something which is not true. Sorry if it wasn't up to your par.

did you ask for a refund? becuase i am confused by what you wrote:

I did my money but who cares.

is this Aussie English/slang for you forfeited your money or did you mistakenly leave a few words out and mean to say "I did get my money back"?

i can be very picky about accommodations and especially cleanliness and odors, so i am not arguing about that aspect of your review at all. but i am interested in if you asked to be reimbursed and what transpired as i use ABB.

Aussie English....I forfeited my money voluntarily. I did not want to spend half of Saturday arguing about money.

I chose it, I paid for it and it was me that didn't like it for the reasons stated. I just wanted out of the place. If you think my review was unjustified , you are in bkk go visit it and tell me wether you would stay there. I wouldn't and didn't.

I posted the review as I felt it would help someone else ,not start a federal investigation!!

When I informed the guy by phone that I was leaving no refund was offered and none was asked for. None of this should detract from the fact the apartment was far far from being up to scratch!! I am aware most of the reviews are positive that was the very reason, coupled with the friendliness if the owner that prompted me to book in the first place!!!

i will put up with a certain amount of "worn weariness" but this went far past that. The guy you quote stayed 11 out of 11 nights. I stayed one out of 15.

Edited by Geronimo42

Thanks for the heads up Geronimo.

It would be fair to say that pictures can somewhat turn out to be deceiving, could have been an old picture, lighting conditions, etc.

I've been reading on Airbnb and reviews are very important. I tend to check on the reviews the reviewers have written on other properties they have stayed before to judge what are their standards. Same goes to tripadvisor site. It may be nice for some, but not nice to others, depends on what you're looking for.

Aussie English....I forfeited my money voluntarily. I did not want to spend half of Saturday arguing about money.

I chose it, I paid for it and it was me that didn't like it for the reasons stated. I just wanted out of the place. If you think my review was unjustified , you are in bkk go visit it and tell me wether you would stay there. I wouldn't and didn't.

I posted the review as I felt it would help someone else ,not start a federal investigation!!

When I informed the guy by phone that I was leaving no refund was offered and none was asked for. None of this should detract from the fact the apartment was far far from being up to scratch!! I am aware most of the reviews are positive that was the very reason, coupled with the friendliness if the owner that prompted me to book in the first place!!!

i will put up with a certain amount of "worn weariness" but this went far past that. The guy you quote stayed 11 out of 11 nights. I stayed one out of 15.

thanks for the clarification.

please note i have no problem with your review, and as i stated:

i can be very picky about accommodations and especially cleanliness and odors, so i am not arguing about that aspect of your review at all.

i just wanted all the facts to be clear.

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Edited by bkkladyboy

My pleasure!! After all those photos of Gate mmmm must get down to drs, the least I can do. Have fun!!😃

Gate is also a wonderful girl to go out on a date with. she will dress appropriately and be the perfect GFE.

as you can see she looks great under the Christmas Tree ...

post-34896-0-20388100-1386928061.jpg