Sign in to follow this  
Youngone

JW Marriott Sukhumvit soi 2

'Used to be my favorite place for > 10 years, until some years ago the prices almost doubled. This didn't happen step by step but over night. Since then I switched to good 'value for money' places. Internet used to cost 640 B/24 h, when without member card..

Couldn't ask for a better view of the action! :D

Did you happen to try the Jap restaurant at the Marriot Youngone? Any good?

Yes, I've been to Tsu quite a few times, even when I haven't stayed at the hotel. Excellent food, but it does come at a price... I find the lunch and dinner buffets at the hotel pretty descent and they do offer value for money in my opinion.

Youngone, this is such a good review that I'm going to keep this thread on it's own rather than merge it with the other thread on this property which isn't really a review but more a call asking if others have stayed there. Great rundown and quality photos mate.

That view of Nana entrance is something else. Can you identify ladyboys at night from that position? :hubbahubba:

Here's the older thread if any interest in past comments. Marriot on Soi 2

Youngone, this is such a good review that I'm going to keep this thread on it's own rather than merge it with the other thread on this property which isn't really a review but more a call asking if others have stayed there. Great rundown and quality photos mate.

Here's the older thread if any interest in past comments. Marriot on Soi 2

Thanks SM, I didn't actually realize there was another thread on the JW, otherwise I'd have posted it there. After reading the older thread it does appear there is general consensus that the place is extremely guest friendly to all genders :) The tip to use the entrance on the left hand side after 11pm is a great one, it saves passing reception and it's a good bit shorter to the elevators as well.

Thanks Young Gone Very useful Info indeed I like the Bangkok Bakery for a late breakfast .... best eggs Benny in Bkk

Shama around the corner is also Good Had a few Balcony parties there LBs no problem

Thanks Young Gone Very useful Info indeed I like the Bangkok Bakery for a late breakfast .... best eggs Benny in Bkk

Shama around the corner is also Good Had a few Balcony parties there LBs no problem

Thanks ,,, love my eggs benny ... Will give it a try :)

Hello, my company instructed me to book our client a 3 nights stay in JW Marriott this Ma. However recently the hotel's representative e-mailed me :

" please be informed that we are currently renovating 178 guestrooms to provide you with a Thai inspired, contemporary environment, designed specifically to enhance your experience.

During this time we have taken all possible measures to minimize any disruption. However, there may be noise, dust or smell from our enhancement process. Renovation work will be limited to the hours between 10am to 12noon and 2pm to 5pm daily. Additional fit out work is being carried out daily until 7pm.Slight to medium noise levels might be noticed in guest rooms at irregular intervals."

Now I am not sure wether to trust this person statement that they have taken all possible measures to minimize disruption OR I reccomend my company to book the client a different luxury hotel say Landmark or Shangri La? Suggestions from anyone are welcomed

Dont even consider it! I stayed at a few hotels in bkk over the years and its a royal pain in the ass if they are renovating! In fact when i book a hotel I ALWAYS check first that no renovations are in progress.

Dont even consider it! I stayed at a few hotels in bkk over the years and its a royal pain in the ass if they are renovating! In fact when i book a hotel I ALWAYS check first that no renovations are in progress.

Yeah i agree , unless you enjoy the rattlerattle tap tap tap of electric jackhammers . ( extra nice with a hangover lol )

They start very early in the morning too. It's down right horrible with all the noise. Don't believe a word of what they say about not trying to disturb the guests.

I spent 60% of my 45 year career in hotels. Much of the time I had no choice in booking, and about half the time I had to sleep during the day and worked at night. Renovations were literal nightmares. The standard tool used is a hammer drill, and no matter where it is used, it reverberates throughout the property. Stay away when you have a choice!!!

This is my go-to hotel. Last time I stayed (in July 2018), construction noise was not an issue and I was in a great renovated room. It is a bit more expensive than other options but the location can't be beat and they leave you alone to do as you want at any time of the day or night.