Siam Man

i Check Inn Soi 7/1

ok thanks ots that hotel is past aspen and solo. there is a new one before aspen and solo and right after majestic suites. wish i knew the name. brand new hotel.

It's called Hotel Icon as I passed it a fair few times this month

2241284-Hotel-Icon-Bangkok-Hotel-Exterior-2-DEF.jpg

It's called Hotel Icon as I passed it a fair few times this month

Geez. $450+ USD..Flash Deals are $181 USD. And the Iconic room...only $777 USD ...

I won't be staying there.

Edited by flipflops

Stayed there for a few nights last week. I agree with the positive comments made here earlier and will stay there again. Only negative was that they didn't change my towels when cleaning the room but when I pointed that out in the reception someone came to my room with fresh towels after two minutes so not a big problem.

I kind of liked that I can sit in the bed and watch my date get ready for some action. :D

attachicon.gif20140810_023833.jpg

I'm downgrading my previous review on this place. For 2 reasons, the first already mentioned in regards to towels but I'll take it further and comment that house keeping in general is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes I have a hand towel, sometimes not.I booked a double, why do I have to ask for a second bath towel ? Replenishment of soap and shampoo...pot luck. Same quilt cover and bottom sheet now for a week, WTF. Good thing i've been crook and not had anyone back to the loom. I know asking will get it sorted but ya shouldn't have to.

The second problem is out of their control but still a killer for me.

Every night ALL night deep base thumping, maybe it's just impacting the lower floors (I'm on 3, didn't hear it last time on 4). Wandered down to reception at 4 this morning and she thought it was from the "sip song" bar next door. Strange thing is can't hear it from the street. (I first thought it was some dickhead in a car)

Anyway, that's my gripe, for now.

The more I stayed at i Check inn the more I found out about some of their policies.. They chaneg sheets every other day of your stay, so if you want fresh sheets it's a 300 baht charge. :Bonkers: If they notice you are staying alone they will try to skimp on the towels, so you have to tell them you want two towels each day. They also pinged me for 130 baht for bar fridge one time. Which meant they made a mistake or Wan of CIB helped herself to a Kit Cat and a Coke. I seriously doubt she would have nicked it and would have asked if she wanted it. So now I get them to empty the fridge when I check in just avoid that again. They kind of nickel and dime guests on things I noticed. They charge me 10 baht aday when I leave a bag with them which I've done on several occasions. No other place I have stayed has done this.

The sound never bothers me, but I have noticed it was rather loud about the time I would go out. I found that soi pretty quite by the time I got home at night.

I've stayed at i Check Inn on Phloenchit since. I like that property better, and I have found the staff to be more relaxed. The rooms are older but bigger and just as nice IMO. They didn't try to short me towels either.

I was hoping that my experience with the towels was just an unlucky misstake but now I'm really hesitant to go back. To bad because I really like the rooms and the location but I will try to find something else for my next trip.

I was hoping that my experience with the towels was just an unlucky misstake but now I'm really hesitant to go back. To bad because I really like the rooms and the location but I will try to find something else for my next trip.

It's just them trying to cut cost. I just requested they bring me another up and give me two each day and it was done. The higher priced hotels do similar things with towels, under the guise of saving the environment they will request you hang them and use them over.

It's just them trying to cut cost. I just requested they bring me another up and give me two each day and it was done. The higher priced hotels do similar things with towels, under the guise of saving the environment they will request you hang them and use them over.

Yes they do , but just drop on floor and will be replaced :)

How would you compare the I checkin to the Aspen? I liked the large rooms in Aspen. Are the rooms spacious?

They both offer their own benefits. i check Inn is ideal for Soi 7 and 7/1 play and the BTS. Aspen you can take a shuttle down to Soi 2 end at Sukhumvit and then short walk. Longer way back without the shuttle. Aspen is better for longer stays in my estimation with a kitchenette, bigger refrigerator, in room kettle, and more space. Aspen also has a little pool and restaurant that has daily specials. Both phone up to your room when your guests leave. They are both respectful to the guests and quite experienced with mongers. You won't be alone at either from my experience. Aspen being suites with bigger rooms has families and are usually Arabs with kids running the halls unsupervised at all hours. Aspen's bathrooms are bigger but a bit tired where as i Check's is newer and smaller.

As stated before i Check Inn can be a bit annoying when they try to nickel and dime you for things. A prime example is I have left a bag at i Check when going to Phuket or CM with carry ons. i Check would charge me 10 baht a day even when coming back to the hotel. Aspen has kept mine for free even though I was staying somewhere else. Aspen clean bedding every other day, i Check every other day. 300 baht if you want clean sheets on their off days. i Check also warned me about a stain on decorative pillow??? I had thrown it under the desk first night, so don't know what they were on about. Said they would charge me in the future?

As far as room cleaning I found it is best to give both of them my key when I go out in afternoon and ask them to clean room. I've gone out as late as 5 P.M. and they have no issue cleaning it that late.

Noise distractions are different at each. At i Check you can hear the music or base thumping I should say, but doesn't really bother me. Somebody mentioned it bothered them on this thread and I heard a guy wanting to switch rooms at the front desk over one day and they wouldn't or couldn't accommodate him. Aspen has the kids issue which I think can be hit or miss depending on the floor you end up on. For my next stay I put in a request not to be near families.

I guess it depends on your preferences and needs. i Check better for taking ST's to from CIB and massage places, whereas from Nana it's about the same distance. If I'm going to Darkside I just hop on BTS at Soi 7 from i Check, From Aspen I take shuttle to Sukhumvit and walk to Phloenchit. Taxi back is easy for both and going down Soi 2 late night in a taxi is much better than going down Soi 4.

That's my comparison.

Aspen you can take a shuttle down to Soi 2 end at Sukhumvit and then short walk. Longer way back without the shuttle.

Just take the number of Aspen Hotel or take the little card at the front desk and phone them from the end of soi 2, to come and get you. That's what my mate does. I have done the same with I Check in in soi 2 and Hotel Solo. As well as Pattaya bar Resort in soi 15 off second road when I stayed there in 2009.

While staying in I Check In soi 2 a few weeks ago I got the Aspen tuk tuk back to there got off and as you know its only a minutes walk to I check In from there.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Thanks SM. Aspen has never charged me extra for anything as you say. The rooms are very spacious and the bathroom is a decent size. I have to say the last time the TV was crap as everything was fuxzy.

I think I will stick with Aspen for the time being then.

Putting location aside I would rate Aspen at least a star above I check inn. You pay more sure, but you get more, small pool,small but well thought out gym, breakfast buffet. Better if slightly older room. If you tend to gravitate toward Soi 4 and Nana for your entertainment then location is excellent. The last few trips I've tended more toward Soi 7 and 11 so the Icheckinns in 7/1 and 11/1 were more suitable.

I know Boomerang posted about expectations from budget properties and I understand that but it's been my category of choice for most of my trips so I've stayed in a fair cross section at this level and IMHO the service at the 7/1 property has declined since my first stay there. Had that service remained consistent I'd not be considering other options for my next trip.

Having said that I'd also say it's a fault of so many budget places. Nice and shiny and new on dy 1 but maintenance of fixtures, fittings AND service seems to often be on a one way decline from then on.

I'm staying in a popular Guesthouse in the LK area of Patts at the moment and see a similar thing happening.

Putting location aside I would rate Aspen at least a star above I check inn. You pay more sure, but you get more, small pool,small but well thought out gym, breakfast buffet. Better if slightly older room. If you tend to gravitate toward Soi 4 and Nana for your entertainment then location is excellent. The last few trips I've tended more toward Soi 7 and 11 so the Icheckinns in 7/1 and 11/1 were more suitable.

I know Boomerang posted about expectations from budget properties and I understand that but it's been my category of choice for most of my trips so I've stayed in a fair cross section at this level and IMHO the service at the 7/1 property has declined since my first stay there. Had that service remained consistent I'd not be considering other options for my next trip.

Having said that I'd also say it's a fault of so many budget places. Nice and shiny and new on dy 1 but maintenance of fixtures, fittings AND service seems to often be on a one way decline from then on.

I'm staying in a popular Guesthouse in the LK area of Patts at the moment and see a similar thing happening.

*Note prices from Agoda not the i Check Inn website.

I've been looking at their rooms as of late for a stay in January and in February They have raised their price significantly. They must be getting plenty of customers now because it was close to double the price when I first started staying here. For February stay it was over double the amount at $83 AUD for their cheapest room. I think I the highest I paid before was about $40 AUD and I paid as low as 1,100 baht per night. Unreal.

I've booked at the Aspen with Breakfast included for $65 AUD a night. Bigger room, brekkie, kitchenette, bigger fridge, bigger bathroom, and way better value now a days.

The i Check Inn on Soi 2 is considerably cheaper at $55 AUD. They have gone up and price as well, as I paid 1400 baht a night in December.

Bumping this up as I will be staying there in a week’s time for one night before transferring to a place other side of the city for work. I will report back but has anyone else stayed recently with experience that suggests I should stay elsewhere? I still have a chance to change the booking. Thanks

I am currently spending a few nights at the iCheckinn on soi 7/1, before I head down to Pattaya. I got a superior room for Baht 1,399 a night including all taxes. The room is ok in size but could do with a bit more storage space for clothes, however it is fine for a few nights. The bathroom has a good shower, there is an in-room safe that will accommodate a 15" laptop and the wifi seems stable. I feel that it does not have many guests at the moment, as I have yet to see or hear any other hotel guests. Although my room overlooks soi 7/1 the noise from the soi has not disturbed me.

20221026_153734.jpg

20221026_153749.jpg

20221026_153819.jpg